By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New 360 4Gs Can't Play Reach's Co-Op

libellule said:

yeah, you are right for the RRoD too.

But, your PS3 analogy is dumb too. Is it written "play PS2 games" on the PS3 box ? If yes, you are right, if no, then u are wrong

Well with that logic. I can also say the Reach box says nothing about co-op campaign.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Sorry I don't want to read the whole thread. but

Do you need it for offline co-op. I don't like halo that much... but the offline co-op is always fun to play with my brother while I rent it.
I only have a 4GB console because my old one RROD and I couldn't afford a bigger one.
But I was just wondering if offline co-op was affected... (I assume halo: Reach has offline co-op?)

Granted this move is kinda annoying by microsoft or bungie whoever's responsible. ESP if it doesn't work with the external drives.

Mr Puggsly said:
libellule said:

But, your PS3 analogy is dumb too. Is it written "play PS2 games" on the PS3 box ? If yes, you are right, if no, then u are wrong

Well with that logic. I can also say the Reach box says nothing about co-op campaign.

u buy PS3 to play PS3 games or play BR movie !

u buy Reach to play Reach ! No mentionning what you need to play Reach will be very unfair !

Time to Work !

Btw guys, in case someone hasn't already mentioned, it looks like the issue is only going to be temporary:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2010-09-15-halo-reach-multiplayer-crippled-for-4gb-xbox-slim-owners

"Microsoft has told GamesIndustry.biz that the problem is not a permanent one, and hopes that a fix will be available soon."

It may just be a problem with the new 4Gb Slim models not identifying its storage as a HDD. I think all they'll need to do is some sort of update so the software recognises the internal storgae as a 4Gb HDD.

libellule said:
slowmo said:
libellule said:
Mr Puggsly said:
libellule said:

because if the problem is unknow then there is no problem

it is like RRoD : if you already bought the console, then YOU are fucked but, what matters, is that your money is on MS wallet ... so no problem for MS

what matters is MS, not you.

How many Arcade user are aware of this problem ? not many ==> so no problem !

Your RRoD analogy is stupid. If it wasn't a problem for MS, they wouldn't have lost over a billion fixing consoles.

Perhaps MS could have slapped a disclaimer on each package saying a HDD is required for online co-op campaign. WIth that logic, Sony should slap a sticker on every PS3 box saying, "Does not play PS2 games anymore." We don't want any consumers confused.

wait,

when you buy a game, you expect to be fully able to play it. SO YES, MS should have made a disclamer. I agree.

For Sony, at the opposite, you dont buy a PS3 to play PS2 game. So, if it is not precised, then, he doesnt play them !

And yes, the RRoD analogy is OK. Because they have tried, during some time, to hide it while they were completely aware of this shit.

They did

so why did you say : "Perhaps MS could have slapped a disclaimer "

I do not get it ...

I didn't, I think you have me confused with someone else perhaps?

Around the Network
libellule said:
Mr Puggsly said:
libellule said:

u buy Reach to play Reach ! No mentionning what you need to play Reach will be very unfair !

Some PS3s can play PS2 games... some don't. It should be probably be clarified. God forbid someone buys a PS3 and thinks they have the ability to play the fantastic library PS2 offers.

Well you CAN play Reach. You can play the campaign a lone or in split screen. No hard drive required. Whats your point?

As I said before. We can keep going round and round.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

thelifatree said:

Sorry I don't want to read the whole thread. but

Do you need it for offline co-op. I don't like halo that much... but the offline co-op is always fun to play with my brother while I rent it.
I only have a 4GB console because my old one RROD and I couldn't afford a bigger one.
But I was just wondering if offline co-op was affected... (I assume halo: Reach has offline co-op?)

Granted this move is kinda annoying by microsoft or bungie whoever's responsible. ESP if it doesn't work with the external drives.

I don't believe so, so you'll be fine. And yes, there is 2 player split screen co-op.

The "move" is unintentional, and as mentioned previously, they're at work fixing it.

Wasn't one of the biggest advantages of consoles over PC the ability to run games out of the box, without worrying about HW configuration? (Except games specific for consoles' add-ons) There it goes, so...

Consoles are d0med, PC will strike back and reign supreme!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

@mr. pugsly  SOny said a long time ago they were discountinuing that feature and it says PS2 backward compatability is not there right on the box if anyone cared to look. I dont know why you keep bringing it up. Sony has always had a disclamier on that.

Mr Puggsly said:
libellule said:
Mr Puggsly said:
libellule said:

Some PS3s can play PS2 games... some don't. It should be probably be clarified. God forbid someone buys a PS3 and thinks they have the ability to play the fantastic library PS2 offers.

Well you CAN play Reach. You can play the campaign a lone or in split screen. No hard drive required. Whats your point?

As I said before. We can keep going round and round.

Except that the online co-op campaign of HaloR is a part of what you pay for, that is why it makes sense to precise on the box what are the requirement you need to play it (and it seems it is precised)

To put it differently : you buy a 360 to play a 360 games. BUT, you will miss some games features if you go for the cheapest model despite no being fully aware that HDD may be required for some games. And I m not talking about minor features.

The PS3 was never able to fully play the PS2 game and that is why, on the box, there is not written "can play PS2 games" (http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3-160-GB/dp/B003VUO6H4/ref=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1284653668&sr=8-1 tell me where you can read : "can play PS2 games")

Again, I dont have check on the PS3 box itself. But I higly doubt sony has written "can play PS2 games" meaning ... they dont lie.

I know, this discussion is useless and endless ...

Time to Work !