By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New 360 4Gs Can't Play Reach's Co-Op

Jordahn said:

Quote me...

"The PS3 is supplying gamers with the quality 1st, 2nd, and 3rd support without an end in sight for the foreseeable future. If that's not a successful console that can seemingly securely provide for gamers, they we are all in trouble."

Its not a successful console. It has successful software. But the PS3 brand has been a huge failure.

I won't respond any further. Take it to PM if you want.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
c0rd said:

Puggsly / Jordahn, you two are way off topic. If you want to continue your personal dispute, take it to PM's.

You're the man.  Taking the high road.  :)

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

c0rd said:
thelifatree said:

Sorry I don't want to read the whole thread. but

Do you need it for offline co-op. I don't like halo that much... but the offline co-op is always fun to play with my brother while I rent it.
I only have a 4GB console because my old one RROD and I couldn't afford a bigger one.
But I was just wondering if offline co-op was affected... (I assume halo: Reach has offline co-op?)

Granted this move is kinda annoying by microsoft or bungie whoever's responsible. ESP if it doesn't work with the external drives.

I don't believe so, so you'll be fine. And yes, there is 2 player split screen co-op.

The "move" is unintentional, and as mentioned previously, they're at work fixing it.

Thanks... I  think I understand, the situation. The situation seems comparable to a bug. And tons of games are released with those. (though, bugs are annoying in general) :P

thranx said:

You mean the same fans that could not play online co-op without enough space with halo 3 and ODST?

How many xbox owners/halo reach owners are in this thread complaining? I think most are not.

I will admit it not the best situation, but most of you guys are blowing this way over the top. If it bothers you guys so much dont buy the game. You'll be the ones missing out on a great game.

@Bold: At least one... 

Take a look at my game collection: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/73648/dsister/

Or take a look at my Halo collection:http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3633487 I forgot to list my Halo books(i own all but one)

I didn't know those two couldn't play it. If I did I would complain about them as well

And I am going to buy Reach. Sometime after I get paid on Saturday. Have a 16 player system link match planned next week

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Have we heard any updates on a patch? 

Also I'm curious why people seem to be throwing the blame at MS in this scenario.  This is a bungie made game right?  If the problem is a certification issue with Live then that would be an MS issue but if it's a programming issue should we looking to bungie as the creator of this problem?

I don't know just seems weird that I'm seeing a lot of complaints directed at the company that didn't make the game.

Around the Network
scat398 said:

Have we heard any updates on a patch? 

Also I'm curious why people seem to be throwing the blame at MS in this scenario.  This is a bungie made game right?  If the problem is a certification issue with Live then that would be an MS issue but if it's a programming issue should we looking to bungie as the creator of this problem?

I don't know just seems weird that I'm seeing a lot of complaints directed at the company that didn't make the game.

The publisher is in charge of the case, they should have put a better warning.

<p>so are we letting the developer off the hook?  We're carrying torches and pitchforks to the MS castle because they don't didn't label the game correctly.  I just wanted to add little perspective to the discussion.  This is Bungie's screw up.</p>

scat398 said:

so are we letting the developer off the hook?  We're carrying torches and pitchforks to the MS castle because they don't didn't label the game correctly.  I just wanted to add little perspective to the discussion.  This is Bungie's screw up.

'Cause typing "MS" is a lot faster then "Bungie". :/

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Wasn't one of the biggest advantages of consoles over PC the ability to run games out of the box, without worrying about HW configuration? (Except games specific for consoles' add-ons) There it goes, so...

Consoles are d0med, PC will strike back and reign supreme!   

Sadly consoles continue to pick up all the of crappy aspects of the PC while adding in fun new ones like monthly fees, overpriced DLC, and mediocre 720p graphics. And all for only $10 more per title! Joking aside things like this really do detract from the put in the disc and play mentality that keeps me buying loads of console titles. If I want the ocasional random headache, in return for way better graphics I hit up my PC. But if I want to lay down and play without hindrance I play my 360 or PS3 (if I want to stand up or sit up I may go Wii).

Seriously though, not providing this feature would be fine if it was intentional and labeled (not vaguely). But it sounds like it was mistake, and thats surprising to see slip through considering the near perfect testing record I have seen out of A developers like Bungie.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

averyblund said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Wasn't one of the biggest advantages of consoles over PC the ability to run games out of the box, without worrying about HW configuration? (Except games specific for consoles' add-ons) There it goes, so...

Consoles are d0med, PC will strike back and reign supreme!   

Sadly consoles continue to pick up all the of crappy aspects of the PC while adding in fun new ones like monthly fees, overpriced DLC, and mediocre 720p graphics. And all for only $10 more per title! Joking aside things like this really do detract from the put in the disc and play mentality that keeps me buying loads of console titles. If I want the ocasional random headache, in return for way better graphics I hit up my PC. But if I want to lay down and play without hindrance I play my 360 or PS3 (if I want to stand up or sit up I may go Wii).

Seriously though, not providing this feature would be fine if it was intentional and labeled (not vaguely). But it sounds like it was mistake, and thats surprising to see slip through considering the near perfect testing record I have seen out of A developers like Bungie.

I agree. And yes, I could expect crappy testing if only MS were involved, but I expect more from Bungie, that I consider too one of the best, and one of the few great ones of the past that, luckily for everybody in the gaming world, survived very well to the new times.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!