By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New 360 4Gs Can't Play Reach's Co-Op

Mr Puggsly said:

Yeah, Sony gave you heads up to never update your console. Even if that means you'll have to skip games that require an update. I also imagine not updating will be problem for playing games online. That's a shitty dilemma to be in.

Anyway, we can go round and round with this discussion.

Also, that Reach discussion can go like this. "You don't have a hard drive? Oh well, lets just play every other online feature available that doesn't require a hard drive. Which is everything else."

First of all. Just because Sony does it to doesn't make it any better. MC stabbed thousands of people in the back, accept that. This should have been caught it testing and the case should have had a warning saying it. People paid for the Xbox, and for the game, and for Live. They deserve to be able to fully enjoy it. 

And no. Since my brother moved away for college and bought a 360 I would love nothing more then to play co-op with him(i can't since I don't have broadband). So no you can't just say "hey lets pretend we aren't being screwed over and go play another game type."

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network
dsister said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Yeah, Sony gave you heads up to never update your console. Even if that means you'll have to skip games that require an update. I also imagine not updating will be problem for playing games online. That's a shitty dilemma to be in.

Anyway, we can go round and round with this discussion.

Also, that Reach discussion can go like this. "You don't have a hard drive? Oh well, lets just play every other online feature available that doesn't require a hard drive. Which is everything else."

First of all. Just because Sony does it to doesn't make it any better. MC stabbed thousands of people in the back, accept that. This should have been caught it testing and the case should have had a warning saying it. People paid for the Xbox, and for the game, and for Live. They deserve to be able to fully enjoy it. 

And no. Since my brother moved away for college and bought a 360 I would love nothing more then to play co-op with him(i can't since I don't have broadband). So no you can't just say "hey lets pretend we aren't being screwed over and go play another game type."

They can fully enjoy it... if they comply with the requirements.

Maybe they'll fix it down the road. I really don't care. I stand by its not a big deal. Lets move on.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

damn i came to troll the shit out of 360 , too late!

dsister said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You can play the game. You just can't use that feature.

I mean if you have a 4GB 360 S, you can still play the campaign a lone. You can also play the campaign co op in split screen.

For some reason you need a hard drive to play online co op campaign. That's it. I don't see why this is a big deal.

You don't see the big deal? MS are stabbing some of their fans in the back(perhaps unintentionally). They are preventing their fans from playing a portion of the game. And there isn't any warning! 

You mean the same fans that could not play online co-op without enough space with halo 3 and ODST?

How many xbox owners/halo reach owners are in this thread complaining? I think most are not.

I will admit it not the best situation, but most of you guys are blowing this way over the top. If it bothers you guys so much dont buy the game. You'll be the ones missing out on a great game.

Mr Puggsly said:
libellule said:

because if the problem is unknow then there is no problem

it is like RRoD : if you already bought the console, then YOU are fucked but, what matters, is that your money is on MS wallet ... so no problem for MS

what matters is MS, not you.

How many Arcade user are aware of this problem ? not many ==> so no problem !

Your RRoD analogy is stupid. If it wasn't a problem for MS, they wouldn't have lost over a billion fixing consoles.

Perhaps MS could have slapped a disclaimer on each package saying a HDD is required for online co-op campaign. WIth that logic, Sony should slap a sticker on every PS3 box saying, "Does not play PS2 games anymore." We don't want any consumers confused.

wait,

when you buy a game, you expect to be fully able to play it. SO YES, MS should have made a disclamer. I agree.

For Sony, at the opposite, you dont buy a PS3 to play PS2 game. So, if it is not precised, then, he doesnt play them !

And yes, the RRoD analogy is OK. Because they have tried, during some time, to hide it while they were completely aware of this shit.

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:
Mr Puggsly said:
libellule said:

it is like RRoD : if you already bought the console, then YOU are fucked but, what matters, is that your money is on MS wallet ... so no problem for MS

Your RRoD analogy is stupid. If it wasn't a problem for MS, they wouldn't have lost over a billion fixing consoles.

Perhaps MS could have slapped a disclaimer on each package saying a HDD is required for online co-op campaign. WIth that logic, Sony should slap a sticker on every PS3 box saying, "Does not play PS2 games anymore." We don't want any consumers confused.

wait,

when you buy a game, you expect to be fully able to play it. SO YES, MS should have made a disclamer. I agree.

For Sony, at the opposite, you dont buy a PS3 to play PS2 game. So, if it is not precised, then, he doesnt play them !

And yes, the RRoD analogy is OK. Because they have tried, during some time, to hide it while they were completely aware of this shit.

They did

slowmo said:
libellule said:
Mr Puggsly said:
libellule said:

wait,

They did

so why did you say : "Perhaps MS could have slapped a disclaimer "

I do not get it ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
Mr Puggsly said:
libellule said:

wait,

There is a disclaimer on the box. It says some features may require additional hardware.

If you think Reach should have a disclaimer, than the PS3 should as well. It should say, "No longer plays PS2 games" or "Requires addional console to play PS2 games." I mean it plays PS1 games, PS2 is available on some, and ofcourse it plays PS3 games. I'm sure plenty of people were confused by this.

No, your RRoD analogy is dumb. RRoD was not part of the design. Requiring a hard drive for Reach to do a single online feature was.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Enough trolling poor ol' good MS! They did it for altruism, as now 4GB 360 owners will provide plenty of cheap used copies for poor gamers that can't afford the game full price!  O-) 

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Mr Puggsly said:
libellule said:
Mr Puggsly said:
libellule said:

wait,

There is a disclaimer on the box. It says some features may require additional hardware.

If you think Reach should have a disclaimer, than the PS3 should as well. It should say, "No longer plays PS2 games" or "Requires addional console to play PS2 games." I mean it plays PS1 games, PS2 is available on some, and ofcourse it plays PS3 games. I'm sure plenty of people were confused by this.

No, your RRoD analogy is dumb. RRoD was not part of the design. Requiring a hard drive for Reach to do a single online feature was.

yeah, you are right for the RRoD too.

But, your PS3 analogy is dumb too. Is it written "play PS2 games" on the PS3 box ? If yes, you are right, if no, then u are wrong

Time to Work !