By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New 360 4Gs Can't Play Reach's Co-Op

I dont want to sound like an elitist, but I thought the whole point of 4GB 360 was for the peopel buying Kinect??? Since those games would be cheaper than core games and way more casual that audience wouldnt really care??? Why the hell are people buying 4gig 360s you cant do a damn thing with that. DL games are anywhere from 300MB to 2 whole gigs. and lets not even get into the install for games (I know there optional). I cant see how a "core" gamer would even waste money on this model. Hell my PSP has more memory than that

Around the Network

Can't they use a patch to fix this ?

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Notorius.A.i.G said:

Can't they use a patch to fix this ?

It's the game's design...Meant to cache to an HDD, could make the game screwy if i'm understanding what i've read correctly.

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

d21lewis said:

If I had Xbox Live Gold and only 4gb of memory, I'd hang myself.

--other reasons I'd hang myself:

• No bacon on my bacon double cheeseburger
  • Dead battery in my Wii remote
  • autoerotic asphyxiation
  • Bath water too cold
  • Bath water too hot
  • If Shrek 5 is released
  • Wesslewoggle stops using drugs
  • Mass Effect 2 comes to the PS3
  • George Clooney portrays Batman again

It's not as big a deal as it will be made out to be.  I think that as long as online multi-player is still intact, the actual gamers won't complain too much.

Exactly; who would pay for XBL Gold and all the DL content it gives you access to without any decent amount of storage to keep it all anyway?

I thought this was somehow a limitation of the storage space in the instance of local co-op for Halo Reach, but now it's sounding like a simple fixable issue over the game not recognizing the 4GB of flash memory as an internal drive.

It will be fixed, and that will be the end of it for all those people who neither own Xboxes nor play/like Halo, yet still feel some misplaced need to express outrage over something that doesn't effect them.

And the handful of people playing Reach on 4GB SKUs will get their local co-op.

Mr Puggsly said:

I think the people most bothered by this... don't have a 360.

The 360 is my favorite console this gen, and I don't play online, but this is the stupidest thing ever. If you buy a console you should be able to play any game...

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network
dsister said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I think the people most bothered by this... don't have a 360.

The 360 is my favorite console this gen, and I don't play online, but this is the stupidest thing ever. If you buy a console you should be able to play any game...

You can play the game. You just can't use that feature.

I mean if you have a 4GB 360 S, you can still play the campaign a lone. You can also play the campaign co op in split screen.

For some reason you need a hard drive to play online co op campaign. That's it. I don't see why this is a big deal.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

I mean if you have a 4GB 360 S, you can still play the campaign a lone. You can also play the campaign co op in split screen.

For some reason you need a hard drive to play online co op campaign. That's it. I don't see why this is a big deal.

You don't see the big deal? MS are stabbing some of their fans in the back(perhaps unintentionally). They are preventing their fans from playing a portion of the game. And there isn't any warning! 

dsister said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You don't see the big deal? MS are stabbing some of their fans in the back(perhaps unintentionally). They are preventing their fans from playing a portion of the game. And there isn't any warning! 

That is a fair point, although on the box it does state some features and downloads will require additional storage, hardware and/or fees...

Is there anyone in this thread by the way that has confirmed this yet?

slowmo said:

That is a fair point, although on the box it does state some features and downloads will require additional storage, hardware and/or fees...

I like better warnings. "THIS GAME REQUIRES A HARD DRIVE TO PLAY ONLINE CO-OP" in big red letters in the middle of the case

That would make me happy... 

*hugs his 20GB launch model*

dsister said:
slowmo said:

I like better warnings. "THIS GAME REQUIRES A HARD DRIVE TO PLAY ONLINE CO-OP" in big red letters in the middle of the case

That would make me happy... 

*hugs his 20GB launch model*

I did conceed it was a fair point, you shouldn't have to guess the features you're missing lol.  I was merely highlighting they've covered the bases from a legal standpoint.