By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New 360 4Gs Can't Play Reach's Co-Op

slowmo said:

I did conceed it was a fair point, you shouldn't have to guess the features you're missing lol.  I was merely highlighting they've covered the bases from a legal standpoint.

yeah, I know. Just I find that if I joke around after saying something that can be be perceived as trolling(not that I think this does, just better safe then sorry) I don't get banned. ^_^

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network
dsister said:
slowmo said:

I did conceed it was a fair point, you shouldn't have to guess the features you're missing lol.  I was merely highlighting they've covered the bases from a legal standpoint.

yeah, I know. Just I find that if I joke around after saying something that can be be perceived as trolling(not that I think this does, just better safe then sorry) I don't get banned. ^_^

Humour never saves you

dsister said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You can play the game. You just can't use that feature.

I mean if you have a 4GB 360 S, you can still play the campaign a lone. You can also play the campaign co op in split screen.

For some reason you need a hard drive to play online co op campaign. That's it. I don't see why this is a big deal.

You don't see the big deal? MS are stabbing some of their fans in the back(perhaps unintentionally). They are preventing their fans from playing a portion of the game. And there isn't any warning! 

Well I gave the example before. Every PS3 should have a big warning on the box saying, "No Longer Plays PS2 games." They should put another big warning next to that saying, "No longer supports Other OS." Which was a huge knife in the back for many.

In regard to online co-op campaign. Granted, some people may feel, "stabbed in the back." Probably not many... but some. For the record, the box does say "some features and dowloads require additonal storage, hardware, and/or fees."

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

Well I gave the example before. Every PS3 should have a big warning on the box saying, "No Longer Plays PS2 games." They should put another big warning next to that saying, "No longer supports Other OS." Which was a huge knife in the back for many.

In regard to online co-op campaign. Granted, some people may feel, "stabbed in the back." Probably not many... but some. For the record, the box does say "some features and dowloads require additonal storage, hardware, and/or fees."

How is an another OS and games from a previous console even comparable to a 360 not being able to fully play a 360 game? Let alone the biggest Xbox franchise. 

And yes, removing OtherOS was a stab in the back but the topic isn't about that(and my PS3 can still use it anyways )

dsister said:

How is an another OS and games from a previous console even comparable to a 360 not being able to fully play a 360 game? Let alone the biggest Xbox franchise. 

And yes, removing OtherOS was a stab in the back but the topic isn't about that(and my PS3 can still use it anyways )

Well many people did use other OS and will not update to keep it. Thus not allowing them to play certain games on their console. And we know quite a few sold with then intention of using it for Other OS.

Anyhow, Reach's box does have a warning. Perhaps they'll fix it? I still don't consider it a big issue.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Perhaps the OP would be good enough to update:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-15-ms-working-to-resolve-reach-co-op-issue

"This morning Microsoft insisted the limitation is "temporary", but could not say when it will be fixed.

A Microsoft spokesperson told Eurogamer: "We are aware of the issue and are quickly working to resolve it."

Mr Puggsly said:

Well many people did use other OS and will not update to keep it. Thus not allowing them to play certain games on their console. And we know quite a few sold with then intention of using it for Other OS.

Anyhow, Reach's box does have a warning. Perhaps they'll fix it? I still don't consider it a big issue.

yes, but it wasn't a surprise out of nowhere. It wasn't "Hey bro, lets play some Halo Reach! what, you can't play without a hard drive? Why wasn't I warned? i guess I should commit suicide now :(". With OtherOS you were given several months of warning(From the rumor till RDR was released).

And what Slowmo said I wouldn't really consider a fair warning. Even us forum dwellers didn't even know about this problem till today(yesterday?). How do you think a regular gamer would know?

slowmo said:

Perhaps the OP would be good enough to update:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-15-ms-working-to-resolve-reach-co-op-issue

"This morning Microsoft insisted the limitation is "temporary", but could not say when it will be fixed.

A Microsoft spokesperson told Eurogamer: "We are aware of the issue and are quickly working to resolve it."

And I was having fun arguing =(

Good to see MS fix this.(Though you don't expect BHR to update his OP with good news do you? )

A legitimate concern from a fellow Reach player? *looks at who posted it*Oh.......*walks away*

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
dsister said:
Mr Puggsly said:

yes, but it wasn't a surprise out of nowhere. It wasn't "Hey bro, lets play some Halo Reach! what, you can't play without a hard drive? Why wasn't I warned? i guess I should commit suicide now :(". With OtherOS you were given several months of warning(From the rumor till RDR was released).

And what Slowmo said I wouldn't really consider a fair warning. Even us forum dwellers didn't even know about this problem till today(yesterday?). How do you think a regular gamer would know?

Yeah, Sony gave you heads up to never update your console. Even if that means you'll have to skip games that require an update. I also imagine not updating will be problem for playing games online. That's a shitty dilemma to be in.

Anyway, we can go round and round with this discussion.

Also, that Reach discussion can go like this. "You don't have a hard drive? Oh well, lets just play every other online feature available that doesn't require a hard drive. Which is everything else."

Recently Completed