By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSOne console sold 130 million!

Never mind, sorry.

Around the Network

I gotta say... best thread since 3.0 launched!! :)

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

joeorc said:
DirtyP2002 said:

First things first: The number is still impressive.

But Joeorc, come on... expanding the Playstation brand in the years 2005 - 2007 PLUS stop produicing them in 2006 just doesn't make sense.

that was the 11th year..sony has all playstation's on a 10 year cycle..that was the only system that Sony has produced past a 10 year production cycle right now the PS2 is  will be  10 year's old as a platform on the 26th of OCT 2010 yet the PS2 is still in production and most likely be still in production next year.

oct 26 2000 was the year the PS2 was released..and just like the ps1 sony is putting the PS2 in market's the PS2 was not in before some as recently as late last year and early this year.

The PS2 was launched on March 4 2000 in Japan, so it's already well over 10 years. And something tells me that the PSP will not make it to 10 years....

joeorc said:
Viper1 said:
joeorc said:

Not bad considering it was still a running a 32 bit processor

So too are the GC, Xbox, Dreamcast, PS3, X360 and Wii, GBA, DS and PSP.

Stop talking about things that are beyond you.

great love the snide remarks..keep going prick.

You just missread that table.

The total number of units sold is 102 million. Of those 102 million 28 million or so are PSOne units. I visited their official shipment site more than once and even though I'm too lazy to check I'm rather sure they list the PS2 and PS3 Slim models in the exact same way.

Feel free to write an email to Sony regarding this issue I'm certain they are going to answer to you

I can't believe joeorc was allowed so many posts before the ban.

some people will be blind fanboys who can't read the facts.

none the less 103million is still a DAMN BIG NUMBER. Great sales for PS1

Around the Network

The parenthesis mean a negative number.
102.49 (28.15) =/= 130.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

joeorc said:
Kynes said:
joeorc said:
Kynes said:

This thread has a great example of blind faith.

how is blind faith looking at what's listed?

it could also be said that people have blind faith in this sites tracking service!

It's blind faith to believe that Sony is going to go from 2.7 million consoles produced in one year to 27 million the next year, year that it's the last in that console's lifespan. Apply Occam's razor here, what is the most plausible explanation? That this guy made a mistake reading the reports, or that every tracking service is so wrong to hide an enormous amount of PS1s?

PS: with all my respect to the emerging market's people, do you really think Sony is going to sell a similar number of consoles there, in 3-4 years, than in ten years in Europe?

think about that for a sec,how many countries  are we talking about here..that is the point those emerging market's may not be prime for something like the PS3 in sales for 2006 but say something like the PS1 could do very well there it's cheaper to produce and it get's their platform into hands that may have never had a playstation before.

just look at right now the PS2 just went to some countries for the very first time in it's 9th and now 10 year.

Companies can't just easily multiply production by 10. Factories always work at around 100% so current production lines would need huge investments to increase production even by 2-fold. Sony would have to buy several factories to increase production so much (unless they would be halting production of PS2). It wouldn't make any sense to buy several factories just to stop production 1 year later. Sure, those factories can be used to produce something else but changing production lines also costs a lot of money. So, they would have made huge losses if they would have done as you suggest.

I can't wait until sony give you guys feedback, this will be cleared up real soo and like you say may be a typo/misunderstanding

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

UncleScrooge said:
joeorc said:
Viper1 said:
joeorc said:

Not bad considering it was still a running a 32 bit processor

So too are the GC, Xbox, Dreamcast, PS3, X360 and Wii, GBA, DS and PSP.

Stop talking about things that are beyond you.

great love the snide remarks..keep going prick.

You just missread that table.

The total number of units sold is 102 million. Of those 102 million 28 million or so are PSOne units. I visited their official shipment site more than once and even though I'm too lazy to check I'm rather sure they list the PS2 and PS3 Slim models in the exact same way.

Feel free to write an email to Sony regarding this issue I'm certain they are going to answer to you

They do list the PS2 the same exact way here: http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps2_e.html as i pointed out with the 100th reply. Incorrectly reading that chart would put the total PS2s at 161.88.

Both this OP and the thread about 377M total PSes being sold should be edited for clarification, as currently all this does is create confusion for those that can't read a chart, understand financial statements, and/or use logic.

It's a thin line...

Sony's had made the ps1 and ps2 whit weak hardware..  So the ps1 and ps2 owners need to bye new consoles when the cd/dvd drive broke after 1-2 years (depending of, how much gaming, and how much they used (ps2) to dvd) i know you could turn it on the back, but that only latast fem month.

MS tried it to... and they have for sure sold many "extras" but the age (and nintendo) have get people to wants home system to last more than few yaers..