By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSOne console sold 130 million!

Should we lock this thread, considering it's moot now, and keeping it around might just create more confusion?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
TheSource said:

Can you please go back and tell everyone who was insisting VGC was wrong that Gamasutra / Game Spot just screwed up? I don't like to see our credibility messed up for no reason.

You talkin' to me??? :p

I've never said VGC was wrong. In fact, quite the opposite: I said Sony sold 103m PSOnes. 

I've just quoted Gamespot to show you it wasn't Gamasutra's mistake. It was Peter Dille who screwed up. And that's what actually happened. It was SCEA's mistake...

This is what I said:

Hey, don't blame Gamasutra! :P

From Gamespot: "To date, PlayStation-branded hardware--including the original PlayStation, PS2, PSP, and PS3--has sold some 377 million hardware units..."

377m - (146m [PS2] 62m [PSP] 39m [PS3]) = 130m PSOnes (Instead of the real 103m).

Gamasutra didn't misquoted Dille. Nor was a typo (103m ---> 130m). Sounds like Dille probably added the total number of PlayStations plus the total number of PSOnes.

He is human, can make mistakes (And that's for you too joeorc. You were wrong since the beggining. Don't try to convince yourself...)

PS: My english sucks, i know. Sorry about it...

Off topic: Anybody know why the background in my text is white???

EDIT: Wow! Not anymore... But it was white on my two previous posts. I swear! :P

Naninho said:

Off topic: Anybody know why the background in my text is white???

EDIT: Wow! Not anymore... But it was white on my two previous posts. I swear! :P

Because you are copying and pasting your posts I believe. If you type it in a word document and post it here, that seems to happen. 

See! Wait it might appear more if I type more than one sentence. 

Blah, guess I was wrong, but my text keeps getting bigger. <.<