By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Saleschat- starring John Lucas & Mr.Stickball (and friends)

redspear said:
Chadius said:
Redspear: You mean 50 million Wiis NEXT year, right? You wrote this year.

Yes I menat by the end of 2008 not this year obviously. I think relistically the best the Wii can do this year is 18.5 million.

Well, this IS a JL thread. There is no such thing as "realistic," heh.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network
redspear said:
Chadius said:

Yes I menat by the end of 2008 not this year obviously. I think relistically the best the Wii can do this year is 18.5 million.

it has a shot at 20 mil

endurance said:
redspear said:
Chadius said:

it has a shot at 20 mil

It needs some serious aim to make that shot though... I don't see it with current numbers.

The only issue with reaching 20m is that the Wii has to average around 825k per week to hit that.

Thus far, it's best week this year is 650k, if that. Therefore, it'll have to have ATLEAST 2 weeks that it hits 1m units a week. A very, very high increase....Which, IMO will be near impossible.

It could happen if people in Japan started buying the Wii like they did earlier this year, but is unlikely (70k a week in Japan during Wii Fit week?!? C'mon, that's not even DQS numbers!)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

^we will see how a full week with wii fit will be ,also if its anything like DS's holiday last year that did over 5 million in december then this is possible

Around the Network
endurance said:
^we will see how a full week with wii fit will be ,also if its anything like DS's holiday last year that did over 5 million in december then this is possible

The DS is significantly cheaper though, and it's a different product alltogether, so it can't really be compared to a stationary console. Just because portable MP3 players sell well one period, it doesn't mean that stationary stereo's will do the same for instance.

As for Wiifit; I think we have to realize the possibility that it's not the massive hit some predicted in Japan. I think it'll do better in EU and NA though.