By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Square confirms Final Fantasy XIII 360 for Japan, features cut content!

Lastgengamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Lastgengamer said:
kiefer23 said:

So does it have both Japanese and English voice acting?

According to this article yes it will have both language options and this also confirms that this release will have additional ''playable content that was enough for separate game'' source here which is very exciting.

No its not exciting unless DLC is confirmed for PS3 owners!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have to agree with that as a fellow PS3 owner:) and since this will be an international edition I can't see why there wont be a PS3 version as well and or DLC lets hope for the best. 

I don't understand this move actually.

International editions of FF games sell really well..........the PS3 should be getting this.

Its like Namco Bandai has taken over the management at square.

There is no justificiaction financially for this International edition to be 360 exclusive

The FF fan base in Japan is so powerful that they'd buy another version just for this cut content.

But if they do release DLC its fine.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Lastgengamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Lastgengamer said:
kiefer23 said:

So does it have both Japanese and English voice acting?

According to this article yes it will have both language options and this also confirms that this release will have additional ''playable content that was enough for separate game'' source here which is very exciting.

No its not exciting unless DLC is confirmed for PS3 owners!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have to agree with that as a fellow PS3 owner:) and since this will be an international edition I can't see why there wont be a PS3 version as well and or DLC lets hope for the best. 

Not just the Ps3 owners, us western Xbox 360 owners would like the DLC also!

BIG UPDATE! No DLC planned!

FFXIII DLC plans were scrapped, says Toriyama

Yes, there was supposed to be DLC. No, it’s not happening any more.

Final Fantasy XIII director Motomu Toriyama has told Famitsu (via 1UP) that DLC was originally planned for the game, but the scheme was scrapped.

“We were planning to make some DLC, but that plan wound up not happening,” he said when answering a question on a comment he made before the game’s Japanese launch on PS3 last year.

He said owners should “hold on to their saves from the end of the game”.

Square confirmed this morning that it’ll be releasing the game for 360 in Japan as the “Final Fantasy XIII Ultimate Hits Edition,” which will include a post-completion quest called “Episode i”.

Producer Yoshinori Kitase explained why is the move happening now, nearly a year from FFXIII’s original Japanese launch and six months since its western release.

“We feel that there are a lot of 360 owners worldwide, and a lot of people in Japan who own nothing but 360s,” he said.

“Thanks to the new [Slim] system and such, the situation’s a lot different than it was in July 2008,” he added.

July 2008 saw Square boss Yoichi Wada announce FFXIII for 360 for the US and Europe on stage at Microsoft’s E3 presser.

FFXIII 360 launches in Japan on December 16.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Square Enix must really be impressed with the 360 slim sales!

darthdevidem01 said:
badgenome said:

Why the shit would this game need an easy mode? How would it even work? By placing you on a conveyor belt?

LOL @ Corridor of Memory

lawlalwlalwlalw

They could do it by reducing enemy HP by half for each person or making staggering easier on post game quest people.

Like Gigantuar is impossible to beat for me right now

Better yet, why not give the player infinite HP? Or just give every enemy one HP?

badgenome said:
darthdevidem01 said:
badgenome said:

Why the shit would this game need an easy mode? How would it even work? By placing you on a conveyor belt?

LOL @ Corridor of Memory

lawlalwlalwlalw

They could do it by reducing enemy HP by half for each person or making staggering easier on post game quest people.

Better yet, why not give the player infinite HP? Or just give every enemy one HP?

Hey I have a better idea, why not just make the game have no enemies!

Around the Network

I really doubt the extra content is going to increase sales.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

darthdevidem01 said:

I don't understand this move actually.

International editions of FF games sell really well..........the PS3 should be getting this.

Its like Namco Bandai has taken over the management at square.

There is no justificiaction financially for this International edition to be 360 exclusive

The FF fan base in Japan is so powerful that they'd buy another version just for this cut content.

But if they do release DLC its fine.

It won't be exclusive forever. Most likely a timed one.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

darthdevidem01 said:

Why not make the game where all you have to do is spamm the x button! oh wait..

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

darthdevidem01 said:
badgenome said:
darthdevidem01 said:
badgenome said:

LOL @ Corridor of Memory

lawlalwlalwlalw

Great idea! Where you would normally fight an enemy, you should get a message that says, "You win teh fight!" It would really help noobs who can't beat Gigantuar.

FlyingLotus said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Why not make the game where all you have to do is spamm the x button! oh wait..

x, L1 and directions!

so this time they should make the paradigm shifts done automatically which means it will really be just pressing x!!!!!!

and instead of having to walk you can use kinect to say which direction the character needs to go in!!!!!