By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Square confirms Final Fantasy XIII 360 for Japan, features cut content!

Square confirms Final Fantasy XIII 360 for Japan, features cut content

Surprise. Following on from yesterday’s report, Square Enix has formally confirmed Final Fantasy XIII will release in Japan for Xbox 360.

Square’s Shinji Hashimoto formally announced the game alongside producer Yoshinori Kitase at a Microsoft press conference (via Andriasang) after a leak in this week’s Famitsu, as well as an earlier leak in Dengeki magazine.

The game, an international edition known as “Final Fantasy XIII Ultimate Hits Edition”, will release on December 16 for a budget price of ¥4,980, according to the latest issue of Famitsu.

During the Microsoft conference, Kitase announced it will have an Easy Mode and a book known as “Corrador of Memory”.

He also confirmed that content previously cut from FFXIII, as previously discussed, will be in the Ultimate Hits version, known as “Final Fantasy XIII: Episode i.

Other then it being a post-game quest, nothing else was mentioned.

To cap it off, it will still be on three DVDs, has the English voice-acting from the western version with Leona Lewis’ My Hands being the theme again.

This will be the first 360 title in Square’s Ultimate Hits budget line.

Lightning strikes

A Japanese release of FFXIII was hinted at earlier this year, when the achievements list of the game appeared on Xbox Japan’s website in July.

But Square was still coy on it, with producer Yoshinori Kitase refusing to comment on it at gamescom.

Final Fantasy XIII launched in December of last year for PS3 in Japan, before launching in the west in March this year for PS3 and Xbox 360.

The game shipped 5 million units of the game worldwide, before it was confirmed in May it had sold 5.5 million units.

Square also announced a sequel to Dissidia: Final Fantasy today, named Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy. It’s to release next year and will feature Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII and Kain from Final Fantasy IV.

Source vg247.com

Around the Network

So does it have both Japanese and English voice acting?

So does this mean exclusive content for 360 or will this Episode i thing be available for DLC, or be on the PS3 Greatest Hits version?

Extra content on the PS3 re-release would see sales boost a lot.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

WHAT we don;t get the cut content?!?!!?!?!?!

"we" as in PS3 owners......where the game has sold 4 times that on 360!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

kiefer23 said:

According to this article yes it will have both language options and this also confirms that this release will have additional ''playable content that was enough for separate game'' source here which is very exciting.

Around the Network
Lastgengamer said:
kiefer23 said:

According to this article yes it will have both language options and this also confirms that this release will have additional ''playable content that was enough for separate game'' source here which is very exciting.

No its not exciting unless DLC is confirmed for PS3 owners!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the shit would this game need an easy mode? How would it even work? By placing you on a conveyor belt?

LOL @ Corridor of Memory

badgenome said:

Why the shit would this game need an easy mode? How would it even work? By placing you on a conveyor belt?

LOL @ Corridor of Memory

lawlalwlalwlalw

They could do it by reducing enemy HP by half for each person or making staggering easier on post game quest people.

Like Gigantuar is impossible to beat for me right now

darthdevidem01 said:
Lastgengamer said:
kiefer23 said:

No its not exciting unless DLC is confirmed for PS3 owners!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have to agree with that as a fellow PS3 owner:) and since this will be an international edition I can't see why there wont be a PS3 version as well and or DLC lets hope for the best. 

I would seem that Square-Enix really have lost the plot...