By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your favorite platformer?

Yoshi's Island I guess. I really liked the variety, imagination, and style of the game. The controls and whatnot were also excellent, but I take that for granted in Mario games.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

Super Mario Bros. 3

Mario... cant decide which one

Super Mario World.

Nothing will ever beat it.

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Okay, time for a list.

1. Sonic and Knuckles
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Super Mario World
6. Super Mario 64
7. Sonic the Hedgehog 3
8. Conker's Bad Fur Day
9. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
10. Banjo-Kazooie

Yeah, that's a great list alright.

Around the Network
Smeags said:

Okay, time for a list.

1. Sonic and Knuckles
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Super Mario World
6. Super Mario 64
7. Sonic the Hedgehog 3
8. Conker's Bad Fur Day
9. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
10. Banjo-Kazooie

Yeah, that's a great list alright.

Oh wow I forgot Sonic counted as a platformer. But it's so different! :( It needs it's own list! I refuse to compare my love for Sonic to these other games.. Noooo!!

- Donkey Kong Country series

- 2D Mario games

- Sonic

- Wario Land

- Yoshi's Island

My favorite platformer ever is easily Kirby's Canvas Curse on the Nintendo DS. Canvas Curse was the first game on the DS that did touch controls right, in my opinion. Not only that, but behind the great controls was a phenomenal game with a lot of depth.

With that said, I haven't spent nearly as much time playing Canvas Curse as I have playing Sonic & Knuckles. S&K is my second favorite because I love turning Super Sonic, and I still question whether I've found all the Super Rings in the game yet. Oh yeah, and because the final battle with Robotnik as Sonic is EPIC, and fighting Metal Sonic as Knuckles is equally epic. Most platformers fail to be epic, they only manage to be a lot of fun.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

wfz said:

Oh wow I forgot Sonic counted as a platformer. But it's so different! :( It needs it's own list! I refuse to compare my love for Sonic to these other games.. Noooo!!

Haha, that's one of the things I love about the Sonic franchise, it's gameplay is still so unique to this day. Especially 3D Sonic, it's like a racing/platforming hybrid that can be very odd, yet very fun.

Urg... forgot about DKC2... that was a great game...

Banjo Kazooie