By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will surpass Wii in million sellers

No wonder about that! Wii has so few games listed for 2011 that PS3 will have no problem overtaking it as for million-sellers. And the few third-party games on Wii will be overshadowed by the numerous first-party games coming by the end of the year. Someone knows how many million sellers the X360 has?

Around the Network

i think this is possible for the ps3

Check out my video game music blog:

http://games-and-guitars.synergize.co/

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

He who hesitates is lost

I HOPE SO!

But don't underestimate the tons of random Wii games that get past 1 Million stealthily!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

saicho said:
BHR-3 said:
Gilgamesh said:

That's the way it seems, the PS3 has been catching up to the Wii for quite some time and by the look of 2011 it should really catch up fast. Currently the PS3 has 62 million sellers and the Wii has 84, so a difference of 22 million sellers so far. 

Here's an interesting fact, 27% of million sellers for the Wii and PS3 is both from first party studios. By the looks of things Sony's going to have  a huge list of exclusives and from what I can see at least 90% of them will be million sellers in 2011. Not to mention a big list of games coming in the Holidays of 2010 and the fact that the HD consoles pretty much owns all the big third party games, so that's a lot more million sellers coming there. The Wii has a good amount of million sellers coming this Holiday but not a whole lot of big games announced for 2011 (that could change, but so far it's not looking great).

So you heard it from me first, I predict by the end of this generation the PS3 will surpass the Wii in million sellers.

dont post false info i think its bannable http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=56591 next time check my bio before claiming things also check the date of that thread to be shocked further

Interesting thing though... From your psot to Gilgamesh's post, the gap actually increased from 17 to 22.

Yes it has, and that is why I think PS3 will not pass Wii in million sellers.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Gilgamesh said:

That's the way it seems, the PS3 has been catching up to the Wii for quite some time and by the look of 2011 it should really catch up fast. Currently the PS3 has 62 million sellers and the Wii has 84, so a difference of 22 million sellers so far.

Wii had more million sellers last year (31 to 25 I believe), and so far this year... Wii has one more million seller (14 to 13). So how is PS3 "catching up" as you say?

"but mainly because more 3rd Parties strike gold on PS3 than Wii."

And as for 3rd parties, Wii has almost as many 3rd party million sellers (~60) as the PS3 has million sellers. So I'm not really seeing how the 3rd party argument goes in Sony's favor. Where are you guys getting this idea that 3rd parties are selling gangbusters on PS3 where Wii is a 3rd party sales wasteland?

As long as Wii continues to sell more software, it will continue to get more and more million sellers. And those of you who think the PS3 will overtake the Wii's million sellers by 2011... seems to me that that's moreso wishful thinking than anything else.

Around the Network

You can't base anything on lack of games announced for 2011 considering that Nintendo doesn't announce stuff more than a few months out.

The million sellers gap between the three consoles will remain largely unchanged.

No idea if this is true or not, but if we had forum search function we could find that thread that detailed how many million sellers there were a year or so ago

Seece said:

No idea if this is true or not, but if we had forum search function we could find that thread that detailed how many million sellers there were a year or so ago

I know... I tried Googleing it but only this year's edition came up.

But I do remember (somewhat) what the rankings were: Wii>DS=360 (Either a tie or DS had one more... it was close though)>PS3>>>>PSP.

Just dance 2

Goldeneye 007  ( maybe it will hit 1M in 2011)

Kirby's epic yarn

Donkey kong countr returns

Metroid other m

Epic mickey

Wii party

Endless ocean

Sonic colors.

These will likely sell 1M this holidays, so wii will have at least 93 Million sellers before 2011.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:

Just dance 2

Goldeneye 007  ( maybe it iwl lhit 1M in 2011)

Kirby's epic yarn

Donkey kong countr returns

Metroid other m

Epic mickey

Wii party

Endless ocean

Sonic colors.

These will likely sell 1M this holidays, so wii will have at least 93 Million sellers before 2011.

Don't know about PS3 (they're more or less the same library anyway) but I have around 15 games releasing from now to 2011 on X360 that will more than likely hit 1 million.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=97016&page=1

So you need to make your list bigger!