By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will surpass Wii in million sellers

ph4nt said:

Poor Nintendo, having to sustain a console all by themselves.

Just like the Nintendo 64 and the Gamecube.

Around the Network
axumblade said:
Gilgamesh said:
axumblade said:

While I see it as feasible, I still don't see the top selling 10 PS3 million sellers outselling Wii Sports. :P

Hey now that's uncalled for, has nothing to do with this thread, but either way you'll be wrong. The top 10 PS3 games right now are already about 49 million and Wii Sports is at 65 million now, since Wii sports is a bundled game it will start slowing down quite a bit because of Wii sales, and with games like GT5, Call of Duty games, LBP2, FFVXIII, FFXIV, GTA game, Agent, MGS Rising, Uncharted 3 etc. Wii Sports won't stand a chance :P 

So what you're trying to say is that if the Wii sells 100 million consoles for the rest of the generation, the PS3 top 10 selling games will average 10 million a piece? That doesn't really sound feasible.

Shouldn't be to big of a problem since Wii sports isn't bundled in Japan that'll only be like 80 - 85 million. (Assuming the Wii sells 15 - 20 million in Japan)

It's a small thing, but the PS3 really has 63 million sellers, Rock Band 2 is at 970k in the US and the Emeaa numbers are missing. Also, Holy Shit at the Sega Ultimate Genesis Collection on the PS3! Sega must have made a decent amount of money off of that http://www.vgchartz.com/game.php?id=29684

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Doobie_wop said:

It's a small thing, but the PS3 really has 63 million sellers, Rock Band 2 is at 970k in the US and the Emeaa numbers are missing. Also, Holy Shit at the Sega Ultimate Genesis Collection on the PS3! Sega must have made a decent amount of money off of that http://www.vgchartz.com/game.php?id=29684

Yeah, both Wii and PS3 could add another notch to their its belts:

PS3 version - 970k without EMEAA
Wii version - 940k without EMEAA  lol wut?

So we're back to where we started.

And yes, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection's sales are awesome.

Smeags said:
Doobie_wop said:

Yeah, both Wii and PS3 could add another notch to their belt:

PS3 version - 970k without EMEAA
Wii version - 940k without EMEAA

So we're back to where we started.

And yes, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection's sales are awesome.

Dude, why you gotta throw egg all over my face. You could have just let this slide and everyone would have been cool and I would have been the PS3 hero.

Sega should release a Dreamcast version, I'd be happy with some Jet Set, Arcadian Shenmue lovin.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

I think it can happen :)

side note,I'm back after half a year and... what happened to the forum, why is everything so chopped up and wierd looking..:S Maybe i'll get used to it

Doobie_wop said:

Dude, why you gotta throw egg all over my face. You could have just let this slide and everyone would have been cool and I would have been the PS3 hero.

Sega should release a Dreamcast version, I'd be happy with some Jet Set, Arcadian Shenmue lovin.

I never wrote anything of the sort! I don't know what you're talking about, just check my original post.

I dont think so. Dont forget, the holidays tend to favor the wii, and they usually end up with surprise million sellers. You cal always count on the rabbids and CoD to hit a million of course. And like last year activisions's hunting game, sega's sonic, and alot of casual titles that sell like hot cakes during the holidays, those will hit a million. I also think that the wii has a much more diversed lineup this holiday season, something that it will benifit from

Gilgamesh said:

Shouldn't be to big of a problem since Wii sports isn't bundled in Japan that'll only be like 80 - 85 million. (Assuming the Wii sells 15 - 20 million in Japan)

It's also not bundled in Korea.  Then again, there's pretty much no way Wii's going reach 20m Japan, and it's definitely going to sell well over 100m worldwide by the time it's done.  Probably over 120m really.  PS3's top 10 will be lucky to manage half of Wii Sports lifetime sales.

jarrod said:
Gilgamesh said:

It's also not bundled in Korea.  Then again, there's pretty much no way Wii's going reach 20m Japan, and it's definitely going to sell well over 100m worldwide by the time it's done.  Probably over 120m really.  PS3's top 10 will be lucky to manage half of Wii Sports lifetime sales.

In order for PS3's top 10's to get half of Wii Sports lifetime all PS3 software would have to stop now because it's already at roughly 50 million and there's no way Wii Sports is hitting 100 million.