By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-order Chart 21st August

Wow, looks like Kinect is going to kill Move in the US. Move comes out in just three weeks while Kinect comes out in 11 weeks and yet Kinect has four times the number of preorders that Move has (91.5k preorders for Kinect Adventures versus 23.5k preorders for Sports Champions). Based on those indicators, Kinect looks like it could outsell Move this fall by 4:1 to 7:1 or so ratios which is a staggering difference.

Since Move comes out in 3 weeks has about 23.5K preorders, I'd say it might sell about 100k the opening week. Kinect has 91.5k preorders already and doesn't come out for 11 weeks so we could be looking at opening week sell through numbers for Kinect of about 300k to 400k or greater.

Is Move really in that much trouble? Seems like very few people are actually interested in the system. Kinect, OTOH, seems like it might actually have blockbuster sales this holiday season.

Around the Network

wow@Reach and BO

Well needless to say I do not understand why 360 is just so more popular in America than the rest of the world but damn they do certainly pre-order like a mofo

trunkswd said:
hudsoniscool said:

so kinect adventures shows kinects numbers and sports champions reletivly show moves numbers. kinect looking pritty good number wise and move looking bad.

That about sums it up. However when it comes to Move anyone who already has the eyetoy, which isn't many I don't know exact figures, only needs to buy the controller which doesn't come with Sports Champions.

Well of course Kinect Adventures is going to be higher.  Every Kinect comes with one.  However, with Move it's much harder to track.  I mean just judging by games sold that require the PS Eye, Eye Pet (~500K) & Eye of Judgement (~300K) plus people who may have purchased the cam without these games, I would guess there were ~ 1 mil of them out there before the announcement of Move.  Of course, it could have been more or it could have been less.  I do know I'm one of them, and I'm not purchasing the bundle.

I also know that after the announcement of the PS Move, several of the Wal-marts and Gamestops around me put out the PS Eye on shelves at a discounted price (usually about $10 -$15 off).  This was most likely to clear out stock of the cam for the new Move bundles.  And I'm guessing it worked, cause most of them are no longer on the shelves.  Either way, these people are most likely not going to buy the Sports Champion Bundle.

You also have to include Eye Pet, as the NA version requires the PS Move.  Which, if I remember correctly, is also being bundled with it.

Around the Network
psrock said:

I love how every week some people come to say how disapointed they are at GT5 pre-order in America, just funny. Look at LBP2, those numbers worry me, that game has no buzz, none.

the racing fans appear here, but not in the GT5 threads =(

mM

And again GT5 is dOOmed..., some people here still seem to think that America=World..., guys... really... it'll do just fine. Fable 3 will probably outsell GT5 in Americas, but that's not really surprising. WW it will be destroyed by GT5, so...

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Wow, Kinect Adventures is climbing very fast.

I'm think there are going to be some very impressive numbers when the launch gets closer.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

i really wonder who are all of those 360 owners pre ordering kinect.

disapointing gt5, im again lowering my expectations.

wow at reach and black ops numbers. 

lbp2 numbers arent bad.

sports champions pre orders arent bad. i think that lbp2 alone will sell at least 500k move controllers.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

thismeintiel said:
trunkswd said:
hudsoniscool said:

so kinect adventures shows kinects numbers and sports champions reletivly show moves numbers. kinect looking pritty good number wise and move looking bad.

That about sums it up. However when it comes to Move anyone who already has the eyetoy, which isn't many I don't know exact figures, only needs to buy the controller which doesn't come with Sports Champions.

Well of course Kinect Adventures is going to be higher.  Every Kinect comes with one.  However, with Move it's much harder to track.  I mean just judging by games sold that require the PS Eye, Eye Pet (~500K) & Eye of Judgement (~300K) plus people who may have purchased the cam without these games, I would guess there were ~ 1 mil of them out there before the announcement of Move.  Of course, it could have been more or it could have been less.  I do know I'm one of them, and I'm not purchasing the bundle.

I also know that after the announcement of the PS Move, several of the Wal-marts and Gamestops around me put out the PS Eye on shelves at a discounted price (usually about $10 -$15 off).  This was most likely to clear out stock of the cam for the new Move bundles.  And I'm guessing it worked, cause most of them are no longer on the shelves.  Either way, these people are most likely not going to buy the Sports Champion Bundle.

You also have to include Eye Pet, as the NA version requires the PS Move.  Which, if I remember correctly, is also being bundled with it.

No, to get Move you need to have both a Move controller and a playstation eye which the vast majority of owners will get by buying the Move starter bundle, which includes the Sports Champion game (and are the vast majority of the sales listed in the Sports Champio  preorder bucket). The only other circumstance is if an inidivudal owns Sony Eye already and then can just buy the Move copntroller seperatly and whatever game they want. Even then, I'd think most owners are buying Sports Champion as their first move game. I don't see any other Move title on the list besides Eyepet so I think the numbe of poeple preordering Sports Champion is a pretty accurate proxy for the number of people who have preordered Move.

You can't just add the Eyepet to the number of new Move owners since the Eyepet is just a game. It doesn't include the Move controller nor does it include the eye videocamera tracking system. I think a great deal of those sales are just going to owneres of the current eyetoy who want a new game for it.

For people who aren't buying Move through the starter bundle, we'd have to track the sales of the Move and Eye toy peripherals seperately to count for those type of owners. I don't see presales of any other Move game in the top 50 list except for Sport Champions and Eye Pet.