By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-order Chart 21st August

psrock said:
RaY_Z said:
psrock said:

I love how every week some people come to say how disapointed they are at GT5 pre-order in America, just funny. Look at LBP2, those numbers worry me, that game has no buzz, none.

Not really, its pretty dissapointing really. I've been waiting for GT5 preorder numbers to jump, but they have just been dissapointing week by week. Im just hoping the game will be good, because I'll be geting it for the go karts at least =)

This America's pre-order, GT is really popular elsewhere, if you expect halo, Call of Duty for this game in America, then you want to be disapointed.

I don't want to be dissapointed, I am dissapointed... I really expected GT5 to do better than what  its doing now..

I guess it just shows the state of racing games now a days....

Around the Network

Facepalm @ Kinect Adventures pre-orders.

Makes me sick.

darthdevidem01 said:

GT5 is d0000000000000000medz!

Advertising should help

no matter what happens your still buying that game. dont pussy out! i know your afraid of me and my suzuki cappucino!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

psrock said:
RaY_Z said:
psrock said:

I love how every week some people come to say how disapointed they are at GT5 pre-order in America, just funny. Look at LBP2, those numbers worry me, that game has no buzz, none.

Not really, its pretty dissapointing really. I've been waiting for GT5 preorder numbers to jump, but they have just been dissapointing week by week. Im just hoping the game will be good, because I'll be geting it for the go karts at least =)

This America's pre-order, GT is really popular elsewhere, if you expect halo, Call of Duty for this game in America, then you want to be disapointed.

Thought i would just point out in europe the biggest selling exclusive game this gen is Halo 3. The biggest selling overall game this gen in europe is MW2. If you look at the biggest selling games this gen in europe your see both platforms have fps games making up the vast majority of the top 10. With football games and a couple of racing games making up the rest. What does that tell us? It tells us this gen the pattern between US and Europe is pretty similar and that fps games reign supreme in terms of sales.

People such as yourself defend GT5's numbers with this whole "it sells great everywhere else" thing when really if you look at GT games numbers your see US plays a huge part in the total sales. Japan is the smallest region for GT games.

What is to say this trend is not happening in europe too? To give an example of how things have changed there when GT4 launched there were 7.5m PS2's in UK alone. There were no competitiors pretty much. Now there are just 3m PS3's in UK. That means there are over 50% less consoles to sell a GT game to in that region. UK is the biggest region for racing games. If you think that won't make any difference on potential GT5 sales then you must be loco.

GT5 will sell well in europe. But for it to be a game to get beyond 10m sales it needs to sell in all regions. The reason Halo does well is because Americas and Europe buy it on mass. For GT5 to compete with it the game has to do the same. These pre-orders show that in one region it is not doing that. It is easy to say "well it will be selling xyz in europe so it doesn't matter". But the truth is it does matter. If these numbers continue GT5 will not get anywhere near 10m sales, and that is dissapointing.

Mafia 2 is gonna bomb hard :(

Good. I loved the first Mafia and played through it at least 3 times. If it bombs hard and becomes a sleeper hit, then I may be able to snag a limited edition at GameStop a week or two after it's release.

I need to see the Gamespot review first on Mafia 2.

Around the Network

Amazing pre-orders for Halo: Reach.

Also from these charts, i'm expecting Q4 of this year to do spectaculary well for both Xbox 360 and PS3.

Attoyou said:

Fable 3 passed GT5 =O

What is more surprising is that we could be saying the same about Kinect Adventures soon.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
Hyruken said:
psrock said:
RaY_Z said:
psrock said:

Thought i would just point out in europe the biggest selling exclusive game this gen is Halo 3. The biggest selling overall game this gen in europe is MW2. If you look at the biggest selling games this gen in europe your see both platforms have fps games making up the vast majority of the top 10. With football games and a couple of racing games making up the rest. What does that tell us? It tells us this gen the pattern between US and Europe is pretty similar and that fps games reign supreme in terms of sales.

People such as yourself defend GT5's numbers with this whole "it sells great everywhere else" thing when really if you look at GT games numbers your see US plays a huge part in the total sales. Japan is the smallest region for GT games.

What is to say this trend is not happening in europe too? To give an example of how things have changed there when GT4 launched there were 7.5m PS2's in UK alone. There were no competitiors pretty much. Now there are just 3m PS3's in UK. That means there are over 50% less consoles to sell a GT game to in that region. UK is the biggest region for racing games. If you think that won't make any difference on potential GT5 sales then you must be loco.

GT5 will sell well in europe. But for it to be a game to get beyond 10m sales it needs to sell in all regions. The reason Halo does well is because Americas and Europe buy it on mass. For GT5 to compete with it the game has to do the same. These pre-orders show that in one region it is not doing that. It is easy to say "well it will be selling xyz in europe so it doesn't matter". But the truth is it does matter. If these numbers continue GT5 will not get anywhere near 10m sales, and that is dissapointing.

I will buy that argument for a dollar.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

come on GT!

Hide your kids, hide your wife

... alright, even if zelda and metroid: other m are doing pretty good, the fact there is no dk, krirby, goldeneye, black ops wii and mickey doing dissapointing is pretty worring