COD Black Ops, good

Fable III good

GT5. will sell but probably lot less than predicted

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
yo_john117 said:
trunkswd said:
yo_john117 said:

Wow that was fast!  Its sad to see Black Ops pre-orders higher then what Halo Reach was at that time.

Some predictions and observations.

Halo Reach might drop behind MW2 with next weeks pre-order numbers.

Black Ops on the 360 will unfortunately probably outsell Halo Reach.

KINECT Adventures had a big increase this week most likely due to being demoed in a bunch of major locations across the US.

About Black Ops, it maybe higher than Reach and Modern Warfare 2 in the same week; however I don't see it getting a similar boost as as Reach is getting and Modern Warfare 2 got. Like with World at War it won't sell as well as the Modern Warfare games released the previous years. That is what I am predicting anyway.

I hope so but people buy whats cool and Black Ops is the "cool" game of the season.  I know where I live people are going mad over Black Ops whilst Halo Reach is much less talked about.

It is the exact opposite in my area. Halo 3 had over 500 people showed up at the Halo 3 midnight launch at Gamestop, while I heard Modern Warfare 2 had about 300. With Reach I can possibly seeing even more people than Halo 3. Either way Halo Reach and Black Ops will be the 2 best selling games on a single platform released this holiday.

Yeah without a doubt.

And how the hell did they fit 500 people into one Gamestop?

yo_john117 said:
trunkswd said:
yo_john117 said:
trunkswd said:
yo_john117 said:

Wow that was fast!  Its sad to see Black Ops pre-orders higher then what Halo Reach was at that time.

KINECT Adventures had a big increase this week most likely due to being demoed in a bunch of major locations across the US.

About Black Ops, it maybe higher than Reach and Modern Warfare 2 in the same week; however I don't see it getting a similar boost as as Reach is getting and Modern Warfare 2 got. Like with World at War it won't sell as well as the Modern Warfare games released the previous years. That is what I am predicting anyway.

I hope so but people buy whats cool and Black Ops is the "cool" game of the season.  I know where I live people are going mad over Black Ops whilst Halo Reach is much less talked about.

It is the exact opposite in my area. Halo 3 had over 500 people showed up at the Halo 3 midnight launch at Gamestop, while I heard Modern Warfare 2 had about 300. With Reach I can possibly seeing even more people than Halo 3. Either way Halo Reach and Black Ops will be the 2 best selling games on a single platform released this holiday.

Yeah without a doubt.

we don't we form an outside line.  No way in hell that many people are coming in at once.

Attoyou said:

w00t Halo reach!!!
Fable 3 passed GT5 =O

If fable outsells GT5 i'll die from laughter

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

its been confirmed today that GT5 has a weather system, track editor and go karts! seriously i think this is going to be the best selling in the series even beating GT3 sales of 14 million plus!

BenVTrigger said:
yo_john117 said:
trunkswd said:
yo_john117 said:
trunkswd said:
yo_john117 said:

Yeah without a doubt.

we don't we form an outside line.  No way in hell that many people are coming in at once.

What if it rains? :P

Around the Network

^See post above you :)

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

with 11 weeks to go kinect  has 91k. it should be north of 500k pre-orders by launch. maybe more then 1 million units first week in america's

with 3 weeks to go sports champions has 23k. i know you dont have to get sports champion, but since almost no one owns eye toy 90% of sports champion buyers will probabaly be buying the move bundle. it will probably get somewhere around 50k pre-orders and 100-150k week one.

those are 2 completly differant storys. kinect with alot of buyers out of the gate and move with relitivly nothing.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:

with 11 weeks to go kinect  has 91k. it should be north of 500k pre-orders by launch. maybe more then 1 million units first week in america's

with 3 weeks to go sports champions has 23k. i know you dont have to get sports champion, but since almost no one owns eye toy 90% of sports champion buyers will probabaly be buying the move bundle. it will probably get somewhere around 50k pre-orders and 100-150k week one.

those are 2 completly differant storys. kinect with alot of buyers out of the gate and move with relitivly nothing.

ioi predicted 2.5 million for Kinect and 1 million for Move in America for 2010 I think.

yo_john117 said:

That can't be extrapolated from this chart. Black Ops has had a week that could either be an anamoly if  its numbers decrease, or start its boosting. That being said, it could easily fall under Reach whenever it starts hitting the final weeks no matter what happens.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

BenVTrigger said:

2nd.  GT5 is dissapointing.  There's no way around it folks its being outsold by Fable 3 which only releases one week sooner and is considered by virtually EVERYONE as a much smaller franchise.  Delays hurt GT5 really bad, the hype got stretched too thin over too long.  It will still be huge 5-8 million but its not gonna break 10 million sold IMO

Fable II
First week: 720k
LTD: 2.4 million

GT4
First week: 770k
LTD: 2.8 million

Doesn't seem much smaller to me. Would it really be a shock to anyone if Fable 3 outsold GT5 in America? Gran Turismo is more of an international thing these days.