By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

Well ... for some reason I thought he was not a complete noob, which made noob-based explanations very questionable. 

So fine.  Unvote Kantor

Vote No Lynch

The Silver-Tiger thing seems to be working out in a way that doesn't make him seem all that scummy, and we've had quite a bit of discussion.  I'd say this has been a good Day 1 even if we don't lynch anybody, and I don't have a clear target of somebody to lynch.  So:  No Lynch. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

FoS: Silver-tiger

Vote: No lynch

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I'm willing to let time run out unless people feel like we're taking too long, so I'm not votin - for no lynch or otherwise.

Kantor's edited out somethign about his "confusing role" (or something similar along those lines) so that's why I'm suspicious. 

Anyways, Vote - No Lynch

If we're gonna let him slide 'cause he's new then that's fine with me. 

No lynch 'cause I honestly have nothing more to say. I was busy finishing a dumb English summer project, but it seems there was some satisfying enough discussion, anyways.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Following...

hmm... interesting...

Around the Network

no i don't mind being called heph exclusively instead of hephaestos, and keep that for the role. (it'd be damn funny if i was revealed as both... but sadly it's not the case)

Somehow I don't picture hatmoza doing a first day bluff....it's too risky, especially since it brought discution and suspiscion. I do think he is genuine in saying that he's a psy and that kratos is the SK. For me he's already played his game well, true victory is to give all of yourself, without regret, and there he can't have regrets.

1) However, last game there was a vigilante, he unfortunately got unlucky, why would kratos be any better? once revealed, can't a mafia bus driver just use him to kill whoever he wants? Sometimes the most important battle, is the battle within... and there a known vigilante would be bad for the town from within...

2) Also, there is a big flaw.... if the sk came out and the doctor cured him....whould Hatmoza have the time to cure him or would he be already dead in the same night? that would be a fool's move, all they'd get would be but an open grave bearing their name.

I think the best option is to have hatmoza protected untill HE finds the SK... from his bold first day stunt, I see a strong will to fight in his eyes. This battle is not over yet, Hatmoza, you may still give the town an asset....otherwise, well we'll just seal his fate with a messatsu lynch (a nasty one).

Once he founds the SK , he just tells us he found him but not who it is, like that no risk of busdriving. In any case, that is my belief until later in the game.

The town can always try to influance the sk's descisions... he might be nice. The other game when i was it, i felt I hepled the town nicely in the day and only used the kills to balance the game (to not be alone vs3 sheeps or wolves wannabes), maybe he can be nice to the town... or at least balance the game if mafia takes a lead. In any case, whether we win or lose, it's an interesting turn of events for the first day of the game.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

c03n3nj0 said:

Kantor's edited out somethign about his "confusing role" (or something similar along those lines) so that's why I'm suspicious. 

Anyways, Vote - No Lynch

If we're gonna let him slide 'cause he's new then that's fine with me. 

No lynch 'cause I honestly have nothing more to say. I was busy finishing a dumb English summer project, but it seems there was some satisfying enough discussion, anyways.

well we at least know Kantor and TOS are not both in the same mafia (if at all), that would be way too early a sacrifice. unless they think wierdly...

Khuutra said:

I'm willing to let time run out unless people feel like we're taking too long, so I'm not votin - for no lynch or otherwise.

sound's very reasonable, i'm for a timout (it's only 24more hours) unless we vote on someone.

I only joined this game because GoW3Ever wouldn't shut up about it, and because GoW is awesome. I am a mafia noob.

So, so far:

1) Don't edit.

2) Keep up with the thread.

3) ???

4) Profit!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Silver-Tiger said:

I never heard of a role that could tansform a SK into a townie, either. I just assumed that if such a role exists for the town, the same could apply for the scum. So far it applied for every other role. Fair enough, it's just my third game, so excuse me that I don't know every role.

This has a ton of roles to look at, but in themed games like this there are bound to be variations or even completely new roles.

Click on "Third Party" then the two people on the bottom center of the page.

http://mikeburnfire.sitesled.com/mscumB.swf

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)