By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

noname2200 said:

I think it's reasonable to believe that only one player has a specific target this game, so why don't we have a general name-claim?  It'd be especially beneficial here where, as far as I know, the potential roles are fairly small in number, so lying about your role carries the risk of being caught.  Words of Wisdom proposed something similar in the Street Fighter game, and I think the outcome of the game would have been better t if the rest of the town had went along with it. 

So everybody, who are you?  I'm Artemis.

While what you say is true and will have help the town greatly.I cant help but feel its a coward tactic

and defeat the purpose of the game (you know FUN).

That's why i made bad characters good and good characters bad in my game, so people can have more room

and creativity in their role claim. I still remember my "spirit medium" who can talk with the dead claim......

that was fun (while it lasted)

But if all of guys are for it am down.

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:

I think it's reasonable to believe that only one player has a specific target this game, so why don't we have a general name-claim?  It'd be especially beneficial here where, as far as I know, the potential roles are fairly small in number, so lying about your role carries the risk of being caught.  Words of Wisdom proposed something similar in the Street Fighter game, and I think the outcome of the game would have been better t if the rest of the town had went along with it. 

So everybody, who are you?  I'm Artemis.

Noname, there are two ways this can go.

1. Everyone reveals who they are, we figure out who's Mafia on day one, and the game is basically over. That isn't very fun. I like openness, but we're still trying to play a game here.

2. Everyone reveals who they are, with their names tied to their roles but not to their alignment, and the Mafia picks and chooses who to kill. The game is over before it begins - again.

I don't think either of those are very fun.

Oh, right, also:

Unless I'm not remembering right

ARTEMIS NEVER APPEARS AS CHARACTER IN GOD OF WAR

I agree with your above points (1 &2). For the italicized (if that's a word) part, Artemis doesn't appear in God of War (unless it's a small mention) but I too have a role that doesn't appear in any game so I wouldn't make too much of it.

Signature goes here!

Patapon, 

that is the worst idea I've ever heard!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

patapon said:

[snip]

Is this how you're going to play the entire game

I just want to know ahead of time

I'm here and have received my PM.
So far you're hosting the shit out of this game GoW3!

noname2200 said:

Day One Lynches:  all in favor, all opposed?  I'm in favor for this game.  I just need a target...

I'm more in favour of lynching rather than not to keep the conversation active and to weed out lurkers. With the short time limit today I wouldn't want to risk lynching someone without first hearing from them though.

Hatmoza:
That's a very bold move, I think you're probably genuine, but I'm not sure if it's a very good plan.
Yes: targetting you tonight would be stupid as you're highly likely to be protected and/or watched however even if Kratos does decide to join the good guys by announcing his identity he'd have to reveal himself to the mafia at the same time right?

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

Noname, there are two ways this can go.

1. Everyone reveals who they are, we figure out who's Mafia on day one, and the game is basically over. That isn't very fun. I like openness, but we're still trying to play a game here.

2. Everyone reveals who they are, with their names tied to their roles but not to their alignment, and the Mafia picks and chooses who to kill. The game is over before it begins - again.

I don't think either of those are very fun.

Oh, right, also:

Unless I'm not remembering right

ARTEMIS NEVER APPEARS AS CHARACTER IN GOD OF WAR

You're wrong on all counts.  We do not know whether the names match the role or alignment (as you yourself pointed out a few minutes ago), although judging from how you made a point to ask hatmoza his name you recognize the value in a name claim.  As we stand, we have the potential psychiatrist sticking his neck out to find the serial killer: my plan lets us find the serial killer much quicker than we would otherwise.  It might even be his only chance to do so, since the serial killer now knows who the first target will be.

I'm also skeptical about your bona fides regarding the source material: not only did you state that Kratos was the series' hero (something that's really hard to swallow), but now you don't even remember the person who gave you your secondary weapon (named: Blade of Artemis).

Khuutra said:

patapon said:

[snip]

Is this how you're going to play the entire game

I just want to know ahead of time

We can make you up first if you want

noname2200 said:

You're wrong on all counts.  We do not know whether the names match the role or alignment (as you yourself pointed out a few minutes ago), although judging from how you made a point to ask hatmoza his name you recognize the value in a name claim.  As we stand, we have the potential psychiatrist sticking his neck out to find the serial killer: my plan lets us find the serial killer much quicker than we would otherwise.  It might even be his only chance to do so, since the serial killer now knows who the first target will be.

I'm also skeptical about your bona fides regarding the source material: not only did you state that Kratos was the series' hero (something that's really hard to swallow), but now you don't even remember the person who gave you your secondary weapon (named: Blade of Artemis).

You put forth that point 2 is invalid? On what grounds? We only know about two roles, whose roles are intrinsically tied to the character they were assigned to.

Hatmoza's taking a big risk in putting himself out there for Kratos, but he's bartering for Kratos's alignment, which is important. I thin it's much more tenable an idea than potentially deflating the entire game.

1. I used "hero" to mean "protagonist" and clarified that in an earlier post.

2. I haven't played the first God of War since mid-2006 and Artemis has about three lines in a 90-second scene, give me a break here

I might have changed my mindon the idea for a first day lynch.  patapon is looking like a good target for a first day lynch.  Craziness like that isnt very helpful to the town

Aargh, playing at work isn't doing me any favors.  I see my proposal has been rejected: okee-dokee.