By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

patapon said:

To answer your previous question: I was just kidding

Nobody has done much of anything yet and this is the first time I've played this game. (Yes, sabby_e17, I am a virgin!!!)

Are you Kratos, like you said earlier?

Around the Network

Wonderful. The one guy who is serious 0.05% of the time on VGC roleclaims Kratos. FML!

I know you love to crack jokes and be funny patapon, but that doesn't work here ...

*Edit: Added "of the time"

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I'm here!

Anyway, hatmoza's role claim seems plausible. Kratos being a serial killer makes sense since he, well, murders everything.

A general name-claim isn't exactly beneficial. The names of many characters in God of War don't necessarily have an alignment to good or evil. We might mistake scum for a townie or vice versa. It's a double-edged sword when it comes to that and I don't think the risk is worth it.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

hatmoza said:
Maybe you missed it so I'll repeat it.

Once Kratos is revealed, he'll have the doctor's protecion. Yeah we'll be at the mercy of how long the doctor lives but would you rather Kratos picking at us one at a time rather then working with the town?

I'll be a regular towny. If I get killed after protection is shifted on Kratos, so be it. Having a vigilante on our side is worth it.

Yes, it's undoubtedly good for the town and extremely selfless of you however Kratos has to first trust your role claim is genuine and then, on top of that, trust the doctor will have his back each night.
Coming forward also highly depends on who is playing Kratos: some players love the power of being a serial killer and wouldn't give it up even if they were absolutely guaranteed safety for the whole game.

I'm not knocking/doubting you though: you've given the town a great starting point to progress from.

Patapon, you're being very troublesome.

If you don't explicitly state if you're Kratos or not, you're heading for a lynch.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
patapon said:
Vetteman94 said:

I might have changed my mindon the idea for a first day lynch.  patapon is looking like a good target for a first day lynch.  Craziness like that isnt very helpful to the town

Nice try but I'm Kratos!!! If you kill me, I'll only come back stronger and more inclined to rip your head off.

Off topic: This whole time I didn't realize... is Kratos 'technically' a zombie?

Wait, so you're Kratos??? How is you still a virgin!?!?

I'm sorry but the words "Kratos" and "virgin" don't collaborate. 

I might go along with patapon's plan if the mafia in turn work the list from the bottom up

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

TruckOSaurus said:
Vetteman94 said:

How havent we started yet,  the second post in the thread was the mod officially starting day one. He is only looking for everyone to post so he can start his timer.  

BTW, I am here and I got my role. 

OMG! You're right! Bad Khuutra bad!

Kantor I want answers! Why did you feel you needed to change your statement?

I realised we hadn't started yet, and didn't want to start discussing the game.

FoS TruckOSaurus for prosecuting me so relentlessly.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:

Noname, there are two ways this can go.

1. Everyone reveals who they are, we figure out who's Mafia on day one, and the game is basically over. That isn't very fun. I like openness, but we're still trying to play a game here.

2. Everyone reveals who they are, with their names tied to their roles but not to their alignment, and the Mafia picks and chooses who to kill. The game is over before it begins - again.

I don't think either of those are very fun.

Oh, right, also:

Unless I'm not remembering right

ARTEMIS NEVER APPEARS AS CHARACTER IN GOD OF WAR

You're wrong on all counts.  We do not know whether the names match the role or alignment (as you yourself pointed out a few minutes ago), although judging from how you made a point to ask hatmoza his name you recognize the value in a name claim.  As we stand, we have the potential psychiatrist sticking his neck out to find the serial killer: my plan lets us find the serial killer much quicker than we would otherwise.  It might even be his only chance to do so, since the serial killer now knows who the first target will be.

I'm also skeptical about your bona fides regarding the source material: not only did you state that Kratos was the series' hero (something that's really hard to swallow), but now you don't even remember the person who gave you your secondary weapon (named: Blade of Artemis).

I realise that Greek mythology is something of a moral grey zone, but I think it would be relatively easy to figure out who was good and whom evil by character name.

Khuutra said:
patapon said:

To answer your previous question: I was just kidding

Nobody has done much of anything yet and this is the first time I've played this game. (Yes, sabby_e17, I am a virgin!!!)

Are you Kratos, like you said earlier?

More to the point, is Kratos good or evil?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm