By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

Khuutra said:

I mean to say characters and ALIGNMENT may be unrelated. Since Kratos was the hero but is apparently a serial killer, here.

lol. are you even familiar with the GoW series? Kratos was so obsessed with power that he surrendered his soul to the God of War Ares for unlimited power. He's bent and blinded by vengeance. He's anything but a hero...

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

You can always count on hatmoza on making the first day very interesting

I believe his role claim, but not sure of his alignment

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

I think it's reasonable to believe that only one player has a specific target this game, so why don't we have a general name-claim?  It'd be especially beneficial here where, as far as I know, the potential roles are fairly small in number, so lying about your role carries the risk of being caught.  Words of Wisdom proposed something similar in the Street Fighter game, and I think the outcome of the game would have been better t if the rest of the town had went along with it. 

So everybody, who are you?  I'm Artemis.

@TruckOSaurus, final-fan:

I don't know a lot about how standard mafia roles are laid out, so I tend to consider things that a lot of other people don't really consider possible. Like I said, though, it doesn't matter: if hatmoza were Mafia, he'd have boned himself.

I'm curious, though: does that role exist for Mafia? Is there a wiki we can look this up? I remember there being a wiki.

@hatmoza:

You mean "AREEEES! Save me, and my life is yours!"? I beat all three games on God, Titan, and Chaos, respectively, unlocking everything there was to unlock in each game. Hell, I even beat Chains of Olympus once I know the series like the back of my hand.

You make a fair point, though. I just meant that Kratos was the protagonist.

noname2200 said:

I think it's reasonable to believe that only one player has a specific target this game, so why don't we have a general name-claim?  It'd be especially beneficial here where, as far as I know, the potential roles are fairly small in number, so lying about your role carries the risk of being caught.  Words of Wisdom proposed something similar in the Street Fighter game, and I think the outcome of the game would have been better t if the rest of the town had went along with it. 

Noname, there are two ways this can go.

1. Everyone reveals who they are, we figure out who's Mafia on day one, and the game is basically over. That isn't very fun. I like openness, but we're still trying to play a game here.

2. Everyone reveals who they are, with their names tied to their roles but not to their alignment, and the Mafia picks and chooses who to kill. The game is over before it begins - again.

I don't think either of those are very fun.

Oh, right, also:

Unless I'm not remembering right

ARTEMIS NEVER APPEARS AS CHARACTER IN GOD OF WAR

Around the Network

No, wait, that's not true. Kratos gets the Blade of Artemis from her, but that's the only time she appears - she has like three spoken lines in the whole series. Odd pick for a character, if you're telling the truth.

noname2200 said:

As much as that would benefit me. I'm against this idea.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

unless it's Kratos alone who comes forward of course.

@ khuutra: http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

But I'd suggest we don't immediately write off a mafia recruiter for Krators. GoW3 could've easily come up with special roles. 

Also, there's the traitor, a townie who wants to join the mafia, and the mafia has to recruit him. The mafia doesn't know who the traitor though, and they have to guess.

Kratos could easily be something like that, and if the mafia recruit him, he loses his kill and gains another special role perhaps? 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Everyone, please take a seat.

Hello, my name is patapon. If you're like me at all, you're presently confused fuckless as to how to find out anyone's particular... 'loyalties'. From my understanding, further investigation into these matters result in:

A. Mr. I-Don't-Know-How-To-Investigate. Person questioned finding out more about you than you about them. Worst case scenario: You just gave up important info to someone on the opposite team, nice job dipshit

B. Lying and deception. Trying to be sneaky, you tell someone of whom you suspect to be apart of the opposing team that your with them. If nothing happens, you've got them! But little do you realize that he's REALLY on your team, and now he's voting to lynch you. Nice job dipshit

C. Epic failizm. You post too much, people find out about you without even having to talk. You're an embarrassment to your team (and your family for that matter). Nice job dipshit

D. Option D. (Fuck the letter D. D is a dipshit)

F. Teh buttsecks. My informants have... informed me that GodofWar_3ever is giving out 'premium' information to people who preform "favors" for him. And by favors I mean, of course, buttsecks.

As you can see, this shit be crazy. Let me propose an alternative to all this nonsense. I say we fashion a list that includes everyone involved in this game, (and perhaps a few not involved to spread around the lynching goodness). After everything has been set up, we'll go down the list and lynch the person up next. Quite an unbiased approach if I do say so myself. (and I do)

Oh, what's this?! Lucky us, there seems to be one made already!!!

SciFiBoy Day 1, First to be lynched

TruckOSaurus  Day 2

Vetteman94  Day 3

c03n3nj0  Day 4

noname2200  Etc  

Hephaestos  Etc  

Khuutra  Etc.  

Nikells    

Kantor

theRepublic    

Final-Fan    

supermario128    

Silver-Tiger    

nen-suer    

sabby_e17    

hatmoza    

dtewi    

Squilliam    

Theprof00  Day whatever, Last to be lynched

patapon

Hmmm... we'll start the lynchings with  SciFiBoy and end them with Theprof00. Yes, I quite like this. Last man standing will be patapon taking the gold home for his fallen team.

Excellent!!! Let's get this party started

To be lynched: SciFiBoy