By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 19 - Game Thread

hatmoza said:
Khuutra said:

It's not a hint, it's a very blatant roleclaim.

Pretty much. I figured I'll have protection or/and trackers/watchers until I find Kratos or he comes forward.

Then protection will be on him and I'll be a regular town. I think that's a pretty fair sacrifice, especially since we will have Kratos, a killing machine, on our side. Anyone who's suspicious of  me because of this is suspicious to me.

Let me think a second.

I imagine that there's an equivalent role for Mafia - i.e. being able ot recruit the serial killer to be Mafia instead of pro-town.

But if you were Mafia, you'd be pretty seriously screwing yourself over with this role claim: everyone and their grandma is watching you tonight, or investigating you, or whatever. More, if you were Mafia you run the risk of a Town with the equivalent role coming in and slapping you upside the head.

You realize, though, you've doomed some people (like ME, damn your eyes!) to die.

I'm going to say I believe your role claim tentatively, but I want to know one thing:

What character are you?

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
hatmoza said:

Will Kratos please come forward. The odds of you winning as a serial killer are slim. Identify yourself so I can turn you pro town. At least this way you'll most likely have a doctor's protection because you'll become a vigilante. 

The town could really use you for good Kratos. I know you think you're a bad ass and an unstoppable being but you won't last long as a serial killer. I'll eventually find you and you'll become protown anyway. Don't kill members of the town, because town will be your alignment eventually ... that's if you don't end up dead.

Very interesting.... And now what happens if you are killed right away because you revealed this info by the very person who you are trying to find?

I indirectly answered this above.

Let me add, I'm well aware I'm on the hot seat but I'm willing to take that chance. Also, I don't think scum are dumb enough to kill me now that I'll most likely have protection or/and watchers/trackers (if any).

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Khuutra said:
hatmoza said:
Khuutra said:

It's not a hint, it's a very blatant roleclaim.

Pretty much. I figured I'll have protection or/and trackers/watchers until I find Kratos or he comes forward.

Then protection will be on him and I'll be a regular town. I think that's a pretty fair sacrifice, especially since we will have Kratos, a killing machine, on our side. Anyone who's suspicious of  me because of this is suspicious to me.

Let me think a second.

I imagine that there's an equivalent role for Mafia - i.e. being able ot recruit the serial killer to be Mafia instead of pro-town.

But if you were Mafia, you'd be pretty seriously screwing yourself over with this role claim: everyone and their grandma is watching you tonight, or investigating you, or whatever. More, if you were Mafia you run the risk of a Town with the equivalent role coming in and slapping you upside the head.

You realize, though, you've doomed some people (like ME, damn your eyes!) to die.

I'm going to say I believe your role claim tentatively, but I want to know one thing:

What character are you?

Athena

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Why do I keep missing the first day? 0.o

Anyways, I have realized dsister is not here, so: 

FoS- Canadians! 

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

c03n3nj0 said:

Anyways, I have realized dsister is not here, so: 

Thank God.

I was growing tired of his horrible WoW imitations :/

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
Khuutra said:

Let me think a second.

What character are you?

Athena

I buy that. She's a big enough name in the series that fake-claiming her would be fairly perilous. She's probably not Mafia, since she was against Zeus (and if anybody is Mafia it's Zeus), though she was an independent role in the end.

Maybee I'm thinking that over too much. Possible that characters and roles are unrelated.

Anyway. I believe you enough to leave you be for now, barring someone coming up with a negative investigation.

I mean to say characters and ALIGNMENT may be unrelated. Since Kratos was the hero but is apparently a serial killer, here.

hatmoza said:

Athena

Well you named one of the two roles I thought would fit with your described role. (The other would have been Kratos' wife). Everything checks out as of now.

@Khuutra: I highly doubt the mafia has a way of recruiting Kratos. This would enable them to kill two townies per night and that seems a tad overpowered to me.

Signature goes here!

hatmoza said:
supermario128 said:
hatmoza said:

Will Kratos please come forward. The odds of you winning as a serial killer are slim. Identify yourself so I can turn you pro town. At least this way you'll most likely have a doctor's protection because you'll become a vigilante. 

The town could really use you for good Kratos. I know you think you're a bad ass and an unstoppable being but you won't last long as a serial killer. I'll eventually find you and you'll become protown anyway. Don't kill members of the town, because town will be your alignment eventually ... that's if you don't end up dead.

Very interesting.... And now what happens if you are killed right away because you revealed this info by the very person who you are trying to find?

I indirectly answered this above.

Let me add, I'm well aware I'm on the hot seat but I'm willing to take that chance. Also, I don't think scum are dumb enough to kill me now that I'll most likely have protection or/and watchers/trackers (if any).

I would laugh my ass of if you still getting killed tonight. The killer would  be revealed next day but I would congratulate him for being so suicidal.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

I seriously doubt there would be an SK-recruiting mafia role.  I have never before seen or heard of such a thing. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!