By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official July NPD Thread (Data for 4 wks ending July 31 in 4.5 hrs)

X360 is up on a weekly basis if you look at June (5 weeks) vs. July (4 weeks) but you have to remember that half of June had the Slim / Clearance sales. So X360 went from 170k in roughly the first three weeks of June to 282k in the last two weeks of June if you go by what NPD has. So during July, that rate has fallen from 140k / week in the Slim weeks of June to about 111k / week in July. With a similar drop off in August, X360 should be at 320,000 or so and after that it will be on the fall line up / Kinect to keep X360 ahead of PS3 / and possibly Wii.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

well...is PS3 shortage again?

D-Joe said:

what? :S

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

LOL ps3 undertracked again I doubt it will get ajusted at all.......

D-Joe said:

Not at all since it's undertracked by VGC for 2 NPD months in a row.....

Around the Network
Hyruken said:

Just wow at those 360 numbers. It was only like 20k off doing more sales then PS3 and Wii combined! That is mental.

What is funny though is it goes to show Patchter and that EDAR group or whatever they are called have no clue what they are talking about. Even though VGC undetracked 360 by a shit load they were still closer then those guy's and they are paid to get this stuff right!

I guess MS finally sorted out getting stock to stores now then. If the arcade has no issues i think next month we will see even higher numbers.

What is also interesting is next months numbers mark the last numbers prior to the PS3 price cut/re-model. In august 2009 it did 210k. It could actually be possible that next months numbers will see the PS3 down year over year for the first time since the price cut. That is if it stays at the average it is at now of course.

You probably looked at Euphoria's wrong numbers.

Pachters company had 360 sales 20k above VGC. EEDAR were 25k below VGC

leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:

OH my Lol xD 84K???? Really??? O.o

vgc had it at 54K

If that makes you feel better

Maynard_Tool said:
leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:

OH my Lol xD 84K???? Really??? O.o

vgc had it at 54K

If that makes you feel better

What's really funny is you trying to cover up your "surprise". It's sold these numbers now for a long time...

What I personally find amusing is how close the "doomed" PS3 is to the almighty Wii. Nevermind the 360 completely trouncing everything.

trunkswd said:
Ping_ii said:

LOL ps3 undertracked again I doubt it will get ajusted at all.......

Everything was undertracked not just the PS3. If the PS3 gets adjusted they all would.

well considering ps3 was undertracked by quite last month NPD and no adjustments..........yeh I doubt all will get ajusted.

haxxiy said:

If the best you can do is insulting me by suggesting my post was actually affected by some smokeable drug (DMT? Crack? Good ol' pot?) then we aren't going far here.

i was more like joking there

Actually it fits best your own third answer because apparently your completely misunderstood what I've said there.

then what did you mean