By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official July NPD Thread (Data for 4 wks ending July 31 in 4.5 hrs)

In case anyone is curious, Wedbush and EEDAR's predictions:

Wedbush  (Pachter)

DS  405k

Wii  310k

360  355k

PS3  230k

PSP  85k

PS2  45k

EEDAR  (Divinich)

DS  403k

Wii  274k

360  309k

PS3  201k

PSP  67k

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:

OH my Lol xD 84K???? Really??? O.o

vgc had it at 54K

If that makes you feel better

What's really funny is you trying to cover up your "surprise". It's sold these numbers now for a long time...

What I personally find amusing is how close the "doomed" PS3 is to the almighty Wii. Nevermind the 360 completely trouncing everything.

LOL @ CARL22912112123!

PS3 isn't doomed

PS3 has failed

A book was written about its failure in Japan Remember!

New Japanese Book Asks Why PS3 "Failed"

http://kotaku.com/297947/new-japanese-book-asks-why-ps3-failed

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Xbox 360 NPD / VGC discrepency means that the Xbox 360 sold somewhat higher than what we have it pegged at here, somewhere between 440k and 340k or so. From what I can tell this is the only significant deviation in both absolute and relative terms to the total number of units sold. VGC did well this month given how close NPD and VGC are overall.

This has to be excellent news for the Xbox 360, especially as we'll get our first weeks sales of the Arcade in a few days. It'll be an interesting August if the Xbox 360 sales start to track upwards again on the various launches. I suspect also that the advertising campaign for Kinect is having a positive bonus for the Xbox 360s sales overall.

Im going to call August U.S. as being about the same on a per week basis as July on the grounds that the Arcade released on the 2nd of the month and that SKU is becoming more important for the mass market than the 250GB SKU.

PS3 sales and Wii sales are strong although at this point the PS3 looks like its becoming the stronger of the two on the market with present conditions. I am starting to think that whilst Wii sales will remain strong, it will not ever regain its relative lead over the Xbox 360 and PS3 and may fall below 40% due to the increased demand the PS360 are experiencing.

Tease.

Carl2291 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:

vgc had it at 54K

What's really funny is you trying to cover up your "surprise". It's sold these numbers now for a long time...

What I personally find amusing is how close the "doomed" PS3 is to the almighty Wii. Nevermind the 360 completely trouncing everything.

Really close.... Wii ~73 Million & Ps3 ~36 million.... closer than i thought... o wait, you mean worthless comparisson sales, like weekly and monthly, which only keeps making the gap even bigger and bigger....

OH yeah, really close =)

Maynard_Tool said:
Carl2291 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:

vgc had it at 54K

Really close.... Wii ~73 Million & Ps3 ~36 million.... closer than i thought... o wait, you mean worthless comparisson sales, like weekly and monthly, which only keeps making the gap even bigger and bigger....

OH yeah, really close =)

So in defence of PSP which I never really do but oh well

Going by your logic we shouldn't be laughing at PSP sales since its already sold 59.2 Million and its 84K this month is only increasing the value!

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Carl2291 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:

vgc had it at 54K

OH yeah, really close =)

Going by your logic we shouldn't be laughing at PSP sales since its already sold 59.2 Million and its 84K this month is only increasing the value!

Well you know how Mtool is like....he won't say anything good about sony even if they donate a kidney to him lol

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Maynard_Tool said:
Carl2291 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:

vgc had it at 54K

OH yeah, really close =)

Amazing aint it. 73 Million vs 36 Million, yet the console with 36 Million gets the better support.

And it's gained a lead of so much. Yet it can only recently manage to outsell the console that has had half the sales, by ~10k a week?

If they were so worthless you wouldn't have commented in the thread about them. And only commented on the recent pityful sales of a platform that has sold 60 Million units.

darthdevidem01 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Carl2291 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:

vgc had it at 54K

OH yeah, really close =)

Not really.... that logic applied for the comparisson between 2 consoles. Carl mentioned PS3 and Wii.... you are only talking about psp.... so no, that's not my logic my friend =)

Now if you REALLY want to apply my same logic, go on... compare Psp to DS and let's see what happens

Carl2291 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Carl2291 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:

vgc had it at 54K

OH yeah, really close =)

Amazing aint it. 73 Million vs 36 Million, yet the console with 36 Million gets the better support.

And it's gained a lead of so much. Yet it can only recently manage to outsell the console that has had half the sales, by ~10k a week?

If they were so worthless you wouldn't have commented in the thread about them. And only commented on the recent pityful sales of a platform that has sold 60 Million units.

Mmmm better support? That's you opinion. Im not going to discuss over that =)

Doesnt matter if only outsells it by 10K (in one region) because that only means that gap is getting bigger and bigger.

Well... what matters at the end is Total sales. So it doesn't matter if  the wii only sells 10K more than the ps3 this week.... when the actual gap,AKA the one that matters, is double

Maynard_Tool said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Carl2291 said:
Maynard_Tool said:
leo-j said:
Maynard_Tool said:

vgc had it at 54K

OH yeah, really close =)

Not really.... that logic applied for the comparisson between 2 consoles. Carl mentioned PS3 and Wii.... you are only talking about psp.... so no, that's not my logic my friend =)

Now if you REALLY want to apply my same logic, go on... compare Psp to DS and let's see what happens

No your post sounded like it was bent upon ignoring these "meaningless weekly/monthly sales"....so I applied the same to PSP.

Now between DS and PSP the PSP has always been squashed to a pulp, and deservedly so after comparing their game libraries for me anyway DS is head, shoulders and toes above PSP, I can't say the same about PS3 vs Wii though.