By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA July 31st UP!

ps3 and wii are getting to dangerously close.... what at least conforts me is that at least ds is doing awesome

Around the Network

So were expecting a -10%, -5%, -2.5% etc etc drop on the 360 next coming weeks? And that's where the 360 settles? At 75k-80k?

July 24th we saw a -38% (about 40%)which left 360 at...  123,452

July 31st we saw a -20% which left the 360 at...  99,081

Next week a -10% making the 360 at 85k-90k?

Maybe it will settle at 75kk-80k because I imagine we'll have a -5% then -2.5% then -1.2% If so... then EPIC WIN :3

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

dharh said:
darthdevidem01 said:

VERY disappointing PS3 YOY increase, what happened?

Look at how the other consoles are doing. DS down, Wii down, PSP down. X360 is still riding the Slim boost. PS3 managed a slight gain despite all that. 

True but still so far the PS3 slim YOY effect was great while the Wii Price Cut YOY effect has pretty much been really disappointing for months now.

So I'm just wondering why PS3's only 1% up YOY now, when it was better in previous weeks (wasn't it?).

Was there a significant event this week last year?

PS3 FTW!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Can't believe some comments on xbox360 sales.    Xbox360 is doing excellent!!!!

PS3 is doing very well too.  This holiday season sales figures will be interesting.  Very exciting indded.

gamings_best said:

ps3 still holding up well, I predict Sony to do something big at gamescom just like last year, will be interesting these next few weeks......

White SKUs and $50 price cut!

Around the Network

Low Xbox 360 software sales compared to hardware sales is probably one of two things:

1. Current Xbox 360 owners are upgrading to the Xbox 360 S
  2. Casuals have been swayed by Kinect and are purchasing the Xbox 360 S in anticipation of November

Those are my thoughts anyway.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

Looking at the top ten software chart, you'd think that Wii would be at the top of its game. Ah well, I suppose that's what user base does for ya (and yet DS continues to sell incredibly well).

Another great week for the 360 Slim, and PS3 isn't doing too shabby either.

@Carl

We'll see what DKC Returns can do. Other than that... *shrugs* It'll be an interesting holiday season for sure.

Jay520 said:
gamings_best said:

ps3 still holding up well, I predict Sony to do something big at gamescom just like last year, will be interesting these next few weeks......

White SKUs and $50 price cut!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the white SKU. Come on Sony don't be stupid. They've already hinted at it. But don't expect a $50 price cut, more like $50 clearance. They won't keep the 120s and 250s around unless they're bundled with Move.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

@Darth

because there's 2 million OS3s unsold on store shelves that's why duh! I mean don't you listen to Lony?

On topic:

Looks like the ps3 is going to outsell the wii this week.. as JAPAN is going to give it a "HUGE" boost.

mM
Barozi said:
FaRmLaNd said:

Question. Does SC2 numbers include Battle.net sales? Generally I know vgchartz doesn't track digital distribution but it did include those numbers in the preview of the games sales however. If this number doesn't include said numbers then these numbers are pretty impressive, if they do include those numbers then they're a little dissapointing (but will be made up by the american and especially asian numbers :).

Definitely doesn't include Korea

Of course it doesn't. It'd be absurd to think so.