By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA July 31st UP!

PizzaFaceGamer said:

I would be worried if i was sony, the ps3 is only up 1% from last year EVEN AFTER the $100 dollar price cut. Last year at this time ps3 was $100 more expensive. Scary stuff for kaz and stringer

I wouldn't be. The critical time for the PS3 is 2011. This is just a year of consolidation.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
PizzaFaceGamer said:

I would be worried if i was sony, the ps3 is only up 1% from last year EVEN AFTER the $100 dollar price cut. Last year at this time ps3 was $100 more expensive. Scary stuff for kaz and stringer

I wouldn't be. The critical time for the PS3 is 2011. This is just a year of consolidation.

This!

ioi, please, where are the adjusts for ps3, i love vgchartz, i'm a fan, but i don't understand why not adjust the hardware....5,4 X 3,6 is too much, 360 and wii is alright, please

ethomaz said:

This week VGC (or real last week) the PS3 I guess sold 40k or more in Japan... and not surprise me near 60k.

Just confirmed by Media Create... PS3 over 45k this week on Japan.

ethomaz said:
ethomaz said:

This week VGC (or real last week) the PS3 I guess sold 40k or more in Japan... and not surprise me near 60k.

Just confirmed by Media Create... PS3 over 45k this week on Japan.

holy shit...so this week should be at 150k.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Around the Network

360 dropping but still doing well, its even more clear now that they are upgraders bumping numbers up, u only need to look at software sales to confirm this.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:

360 dropping but still doing well, its even more clear now that they are upgraders bumping numbers up, u only need to look at software sales to confirm this.

I'm willing to bet a whole bunch of the 360 slims being sold are from people who used to have a 360 (which broke in some way or another) And now they are buying the 360 slim because its way more reliable.....and they probably either have games already or they bought them used. 

Skeeuk said:

Didn't people say this about the PS3 Slim? No immediate boost = OMG its just PS3 owners downgrading to the latest and greatest.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Skeeuk said:

Didn't people say this about the PS3 Slim? No immediate boost = OMG its just PS3 owners downgrading to the latest and greatest.

That myth is really getting old. PS3 SW did increase when the slim launched. It was just harder to distinguish because there were some major releases immediately preceding it, specifically Madden and Arkham Asylum. Plus the effect was diluted somewhat because some retailers in the US broke the street date a week early. For a clearer picture look at SW about a month before the slim launch.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

postofficebuddy said:
Squilliam said:
Skeeuk said:

That myth is really getting old. PS3 SW did increase when the slim launched. It was just harder to distinguish because there were some major releases immediately preceding it, specifically Madden and Arkham Asylum. Plus the effect was diluted somewhat because some retailers in the US broke the street date a week early. For a clearer picture look at SW about a month before the slim launch.

Except I wasn't perpetrating that myth. I don't really know what is going on and neither does anyone else. Its a complicated subject and can't be summed up by a one or two liner post.

Tease.