By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMEAA July 31st UP!

dejelek said:

MS is in waiting mode, if sony  do the price cut move, then , they will cut it too.

remember, the combined cpu gpu on xbox 360s, and reduce of componetn and mainboard size is giving cost reduction for MS.

currently xbox 360s is same price with reduced cost in hardware. so it is essentially give MS a big room for future price cut.

don't forget kinect will play a big role too. starting to see many ordinary people kinect impression, and it looks good.

But whats going to have a bigger effect, a price cut for ps3 or 360?

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
Attoyou said:
dejelek said:

MS is in waiting mode, if sony  do the price cut move, then , they will cut it too.

remember, the combined cpu gpu on xbox 360s, and reduce of componetn and mainboard size is giving cost reduction for MS.

currently xbox 360s is same price with reduced cost in hardware. so it is essentially give MS a big room for future price cut.

don't forget kinect will play a big role too. starting to see many ordinary people kinect impression, and it looks good.

Most likely PS3.

postofficebuddy said:

If 360 see's a moderate drop-off in Americas and and PS3 a slight rise they could be close to tied this week or within about 10k-20k. Japan is hard to say, could be anywhere from a 35k lead to 50k plus. PS3 has a VERY good shot at outselling Wii.

wow, how much systems do you think japan sells?  japan usually only moves about 20 to 25k on average each week as far as ps3's go, unless there is some big game release.  With the 360 pulling about 6k from there they usually are only up by about 19k from there.  I'd expect the margin to be more like 60 to 70k in 360 favor worldwide.  

LeandroBaffa said:

No ps3 revision in sales....5,4 milhons diference for 360, its a joke, always sony consoles are ultra undertracked, i'm leaving vgchartz....sorry

Hey chief, the only joke is people who make posts like this without reading forums on the topic. 5.4m is accurate, Sony announces "shipped" numbers, whereas other company's published numbers are sales. So meanwhile, while the 360s is only finally able to keep a few on the shelf, Sony's numbers include the dozens of units sitting on shelves in every store, and those units in transit, etc...

But if you want to leave the site because you don't like to see objective numbers, then don't let the door hit you on the way out. Have fun reading articles on Sony Defense Force.

Attoyou said:

It depends on the size of the relative price cuts. A $50 cut on the PS3 and Xbox 360 for instance would mean a 16% cut for the PS3 and Xbox 360 250GB model and a 25% cut for the 4GB Xbox 360 so likely the Xbox 360 would increase more because its would have been the deeper cut, apples to apples. However if the Xbox 360 Arcade was decreased by say $30 or 15% then it becomes more difficult to say, though the PS3 would possibly benefit more from the same sized proportional cut applied to all the console SKUs.

Tease.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
gamings_best said:

ps3 still holding up well, I predict Sony to do something big at gamescom just like last year, will be interesting these next few weeks......

White SKUs and $50 price cut!

White SKUs and Price War?

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Thats a very impressive drop from 360. I was expecting closer to 30% and at least 25% so to only be 20% down is a great momentum.

Excellent hold for all other systems to. Coincidental that all systems are down 2% and 360 is down 2% x 10.

I'm very befuddled by 360 SW vs PS3 SW. That gap is as large or larger than the sort of gap we typically see even when PS3 HW is > 360HW for the week. But we see a game like Bioshock 2 reappear in the top 50, top 30 even, with a ~ doubling of weekly sales for 3 weeks in a row from what it sold the week before 360s launched. I know there are upgraders among those 360HW numbers, but that many?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

LOL...this is looking interesting.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

binary solo said:

Thats a very impressive drop from 360. I was expecting closer to 30% and at least 25% so to only be 20% down is a great momentum.

Excellent hold for all other systems to. Coincidental that all systems are down 2% and 360 is down 2% x 10.

I'm very befuddled by 360 SW vs PS3 SW. That gap is as large or larger than the sort of gap we typically see even when PS3 HW is > 360HW for the week. But we see a game like Bioshock 2 reappear in the top 50, top 30 even, with a ~ doubling of weekly sales for 3 weeks in a row from what it sold the week before 360s launched. I know there are upgraders among those 360HW numbers, but that many?

I always liked the long drops when i went on camping trips as a child. I was disapointed when they all started to flush...

As for software, well its really hard to say. I remember the PS3 slim didn't show much movement on software initially and people were using that as the basis for saying that PS3 owners were re-buying the systems en-masse.

P.S. The 2nd hand market might come into it as well. Whenever the new graphics cards come out the high end cards from the last generation tend to dip on the Steam surveys. However as time goes by they start to increase again. The assumption here is that the systems are sold/given away and it takes a few weeks before they get back into action.

Tease.

binary solo said:

Bioshock 2 is at clearance price here in the UK (£9.99)!