By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ps move set to outsell kinect

According to a survey conducted among 2,000 British gamers...

According to the survey of over 2,000 gamers by deals site Groupola.com, just 23 per cent of Xbox 360 owners plan to buy Kinect, while 77 per cent of owners suggest that the price of the peripheral - at £129.99 - is too much.

Meanwhile, 64 per cent of PlayStation 3 owners plan to purchase Move at the starter-pack price of £49.99.

The survey also found that only 19 per cent of Xbox 360 owners were "impressed with the array of [Kinect] launch titles unveiled at E3" in June.

61 per cent also expressed interest in how Kinect's voice recognition system would work, and 63 per cent thought new motion controllers would struggle to dent the dominance of the Wii.

“I genuinely believe that the main issue with Kinect is that it's too highly priced”

“I genuinely believe that the main issue with the Kinect is that it’s been too highly priced," said Groupola MD Mark Pearson. "The cost may be its downfall, and unless the system launches to huge consumer acclaim, I think they’ll be dropping that price dramatically when the Move launches in order to compete."

We called it a few weeks back when an impromptu NowGamer survey found that 75 per cent of Xbox 360 owners wouldn't buy Kinect.

See what we made of the games for both systems with our Kinect and Move previews.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/3834/ps-move-move-set-to-outsell-kinect-in-uk

so what are your thoughts on this?? it will be good for move sales if so many people want it, but we all know how survey != real world sales sometimes, I am getting the move so i am not trying to bash(anyone who knows me, knows i love the move), just trying not to be biased on this particualr news

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

When you read that, it is quite interesting. The survey deals with those who already own the Xbox 360 and the PS3 and whether or not they will get Kinect or Move.

So less of the Xbox's user base plans on buying it. Which I'm sure is fine by Microsoft. They are looking to expand their marketshare, not sell only to their current userbase. Their current userbase is hardcore, and Kinect is aimed at casuals. The findings there do not surprise me.

The Move is aimed at the hardcore, and the hardcore own PS3's. So the findings there also do not surprise me.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

This poll may be correct for the people who were polled, gamers that frequent gaming sites, but as far as overall sales to the public in general, unless it gets lots of negative publicity in the general press, Kinect will probably outsell Move by far.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Kinect will outsell move. Easily. Very easily. Even if you consider, that you have to buy more move controllers to play multiplayer and just one kinect.

And the Nowgamer survey was based on 100 people. 100 people (!!!) are not enough to make an educated decision.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

Kinect will outsell move. Easily. Very easily. Even if you consider, that you have to buy more move controllers to play multiplayer and just one kinect.

And the Nowgamer survey was based on 100 people. 100 people (!!!) are not enough to make an educated decision.

yes thats why i took the middle ground and said survey != real world sales lol, i think kinct at first will be huge based on pre-orders alone, but move has got so much good feedback recently, not to mention the psn beta event in birmingham hundreds of gamers got hands on with that and nothing but positive feedback is coming... in the long run move will sell more than what most people think it will

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

If it does, i think it will do so because of word of mouth.

Move seems to be getting the vast majority of positive press, while Kinect seems to have numerous problems...

Add in the price, Kinect might not do as well as most people expect.

DirtyP2002 said:

Well, the main gist of the article isn't exactly about those 100 people, but about the 2000

DirtyP2002 said:

If the 100 people were chosen completely at random than 100 people is more than enough to give an accurate idea (to within 1-5%). Almost certainly not the case here (chosen at random), but for future reference... 

Not because of this article but because of the way i think i am sure Move will outsell Kinect.

Who wants to have a bet with me

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Carl2291 said:

If it does, i think it will do so because of word of mouth.

Move seems to be getting the vast majority of positive press, while Kinect seems to have numerous problems...

Add in the price, Kinect might not do as well as most people expect.

Kinect may have half a million pre-orders according to "sources"

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey