By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ps move set to outsell kinect

Yesterday the news aired a bootlicking report about new MS tech and its saddest points were when they showed the old Natal propaganda proven wrong, with people playing racers while sitting, or features not fake, but too clumsy for their own good, like a bloke standing up and waving his arms as widely as a gesticulating orang-outang to do things that with a remote control would require to just push a button...   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Killiana1a said:
Jay520 said:

To be fair, You only NEED two wands for ONE game: The Fight: Lights Out. Other games may offer to use two wands  (Gladiator duel), but you can use the nav controller instead. I don't even know why your bringing up 4 player capabilty because

• Kinect doesn't even allow 4 players on one kinect device
  • I have yet to see a 4 player Move game where 4 people could play at one time. Most 4 player games could be used to take turns using ONE Move controller. 
You may have the option to buy an extra MOVE controller, but that doesn't mean it's needed, unless you really want to play The Fight: Lights Out. Either way, if you just wanted to try out motion controls, The starting price is higher for Kinect.

Yes, and the starter kit comes with the eye, motion controller, and navigation controller at a $99.99 price. For that second motion controller, you need to fork over $49.99 pushing the Move to $150. That is if you want to play The Fight: Lights Out.

As for the "Kinect is only two player" debate, it is quite laughable because those who make the argument are overlooking the obvious: Kinect via Live will have much more than 4 players because players will be able to connect their Kinect with more than 4 other players through their Xbox Live Gold membership.

Mentioning Live, then yes, there is another $50 added on to the price tag for the Gold membership.

I can easily foresee Kinect simulation games supporting up to 16 players via Xbox Live.

With its induced lag, I really think that you can forget having a nice online Kinect game experience (except trivia games maybe) They will simply be unplayable. 

I think Move will outsell Kinect from September to November. :P

No seriously though let's wait and see if Kinect even works properly to begin with.

One of my favorite sites, gamesradar.com has a side by side comparison of the two on its front page, right now.  Now I'm banking on Kinect to outsell move by a large margin but that comparison shows Move beating Kinect in pretty much every way.........

Of course, sales wasn't a factor.

Whatever the outcome will be, I'm gonna be laughing my ass off at the losing party. If Kinect indeed goes on to outsell Ps Move overall, then I'll laugh because people are actually getting their hopes up on a PS3 accessory outselling its competitor in a Microsoft dominated region. And if miraculously the opposite happens, then the crow-eating and meltdowns will be epic.

IMO, if they want a more valid survey for better speculation, then they should also do a survey on casual gamers (maybe even non-gamers). Afterall, the target audience for Kinect isn't the hardcore.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
J1MB0B26 said:

kinect will fail but not fail badly they will just have to forget about kinect 

kinect is at a stupid price for 129 pounds and move is only 40 pounds 

sure kinect does not not require any controller but that will be a problem especially if u need to go toilet and need to pauuse the game.God knows how you can pause it especially that you have to use motion in the first place plus they need to start thinking about the real gamers nearly all the games are either rip offs of another game[example being kinectimals which looks and plays a awful lot like nintendogs]and games which would make you look like a idiot plus they are hiring the non ideal companies to make them,:for example rare which in my opinion are doing a absoulutely bad job at making games for the xbox and the xbox 360 [i wish they would go back to nintendo] i even heard that bungie are refusing to make games for the kinect i dont blame them neither

but i could be wrong,maybe the kinect might be a success maybe 129 pounds is a good price maybe rare might do good for once at microsoft and maybe games which will be probably for the real gamers only time will tell but n my opinion it looks like the kinect will fail

You have amazing grammar skills and sentence structure. Makes your arguments very convincing.