By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ps move set to outsell kinect

Anyone else just not remotely interested by either ?

I've already got a Nintendo Wii for my friends kids and for whenever they bring a new Zelda or Metroid out.

I dont want anymore motion control consoles.

The gamepad is a great invention. I feel connected to the games. I want to be made to achieve a high score through skill and timing and just be frustrated by my own inadequacies.

I dont want to wave my arm whether I'm holding a wand or not and have the camera misread the situation because the rooms to dark or the sunlight was too bright to see the glowing ball.

Around the Network

In UK? Kinect will sells more.

darthdevidem01 said:
Kinect may have half a million pre-orders according to estimates by "sources"

Fixed. Just estimates... the pre-orders doesn't exists yet.

I already pre-order the MOVE.

yea ok. i see it

isnt it true that MOVE will come out 2 months before kinect does? according to gamestop move comes out september 17 while kinect is november 4.

im not sure because ppl still tell me that the release dates are estimates.

Around the Network

When is the Coca Cola campaign supposed to start.

Only 2,000? Not a big enough sample size. Umm...they only targeted "gamers" for this survey, so it's not representative of all the people. Umm...whatever other excuse there is when surveys don't turn out how you want them to

this will be an interesting race between the Move and kinect

How would someone track the sales of MOVE. Each individual wand, each eye sold, each nav controller, etc. 

jneul said:

According to a survey conducted among 2,000 British gamers...

According to the survey of over 2,000 gamers by deals site Groupola.com, just 23 per cent of Xbox 360 owners plan to buy Kinect, while 77 per cent of owners suggest that the price of the peripheral - at £129.99 - is too much.

Meanwhile, 64 per cent of PlayStation 3 owners plan to purchase Move at the starter-pack price of £49.99.

The survey also found that only 19 per cent of Xbox 360 owners were "impressed with the array of [Kinect] launch titles unveiled at E3" in June.

61 per cent also expressed interest in how Kinect's voice recognition system would work, and 63 per cent thought new motion controllers would struggle to dent the dominance of the Wii.

“I genuinely believe that the main issue with Kinect is that it's too highly priced”

“I genuinely believe that the main issue with the Kinect is that it’s been too highly priced," said Groupola MD Mark Pearson. "The cost may be its downfall, and unless the system launches to huge consumer acclaim, I think they’ll be dropping that price dramatically when the Move launches in order to compete."

We called it a few weeks back when an impromptu NowGamer survey found that 75 per cent of Xbox 360 owners wouldn't buy Kinect.

See what we made of the games for both systems with our Kinect and Move previews.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/3834/ps-move-move-set-to-outsell-kinect-in-uk

so what are your thoughts on this?? it will be good for move sales if so many people want it, but we all know how survey != real world sales sometimes, I am getting the move so i am not trying to bash(anyone who knows me, knows i love the move), just trying not to be biased on this particualr news

Its a survey, but the real test will be whether or not EITHER device is really worth anything.  If people find the cheaper device is more seductive on the PS3, but turns out to be underpowered ( or should I say lacking developer support ) it could be a loss.   The same could be said for the 360 as well, but the 360 has an edge.  Its Live system is much more used and if Kinect turns out to be as useful as it looks it could do well.  Polls change quickly, lets see what happens when the devices are actually in peoples hands and see if EITHER is actually worth anything. 

Both devices ( for both companies ) could end up being stepping stones to something the public is curious about but not completely ready to embrace.  Thus whether the products becomes failures or sucesses coud be tied to reason of use or also percentage of consoles.  The motion on Wii ended up being very limiting...  but it looks like in REAL LIFE Use the Kinect will have more reason to be used right off the bat with LIVE