By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - ps move set to outsell kinect

I could lie also and say I will get the move :-|

Around the Network

Ok so I have said it many times before 'imo'

Kinect will be HEAVILY front loaded....then it will die off pretty fast

Move will start steady and keep growing and eventually pass Kinects line up

One of the reasons I think this is because imo the types of games Kienct will be able to do (well) are very limited..UNLESS ms introdeces peripherals to go with it which would be like eating their own words

Move on the other hand is not limited and I honestly see the line up only getting better from now on...

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Yeah... sure it will.

In my opinoin, It doesn't look like Sony has much faith in the Move. It ships next month and I'm not seeing much about it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

19% said they weren't impressed with the titles but that doesn't mean 19% will buy it. They seemed to forget the main target: The Non Gamers. If 61% of the surveyed were interested in in the voice control, imagine what people who don't game will think. 

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

I would say the odds are that the site happened to throw a survey up on the web and people visiting the site voted.  Here is a BIG warning about Internet surveys: According to Internet surveys, Ron Paul would of won the Republican nomination for president in 2008.  You can't trust the Internet as a source for forecasting accurately, based on what people say.

By the way, what sort of desperation drives people to go to the most obscure places to get information to justify their personal biases and preferences?

Around the Network
jneul said:

According to a survey conducted among 2,000 British gamers...

According to the survey of over 2,000 gamers by deals site Groupola.com, just 23 per cent of Xbox 360 owners plan to buy Kinect, while 77 per cent of owners suggest that the price of the peripheral - at £129.99 - is too much.

Meanwhile, 64 per cent of PlayStation 3 owners plan to purchase Move at the starter-pack price of £49.99.

The survey also found that only 19 per cent of Xbox 360 owners were "impressed with the array of [Kinect] launch titles unveiled at E3" in June.

61 per cent also expressed interest in how Kinect's voice recognition system would work, and 63 per cent thought new motion controllers would struggle to dent the dominance of the Wii.

“I genuinely believe that the main issue with Kinect is that it's too highly priced”

“I genuinely believe that the main issue with the Kinect is that it’s been too highly priced," said Groupola MD Mark Pearson. "The cost may be its downfall, and unless the system launches to huge consumer acclaim, I think they’ll be dropping that price dramatically when the Move launches in order to compete."

We called it a few weeks back when an impromptu NowGamer survey found that 75 per cent of Xbox 360 owners wouldn't buy Kinect.

See what we made of the games for both systems with our Kinect and Move previews.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/3834/ps-move-move-set-to-outsell-kinect-in-uk

so what are your thoughts on this?? it will be good for move sales if so many people want it, but we all know how survey != real world sales sometimes, I am getting the move so i am not trying to bash(anyone who knows me, knows i love the move), just trying not to be biased on this particualr news

survey's don't really mean anything,especially if it's in just one region. lol

Especially in the UK Sony really caught Microsoft off-guard with Move pricing. If the starter pack were 80 pounds than the price differential wouldn't be as noticeable but at 50 pounds the difference is simply too big to ignore for the average consumer. It's like comparing a $600 PS3 to a $250 Wii, and we all know how that played out. Add to that the fact that PSeye already has a fair install base so that gives Move an even bigger advantage.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

I don't do this very often but I'm saving this thread to my favorites.  It'll be interesting to dig this up in the coming months.

@Mr Puggsly on 2010-08-03 12:21

"Yeah... sure it will.

In my opinoin, It doesn't look like Sony has much faith in the Move. It ships next month and I'm not seeing much about it."

your interpreting it wrong :)

Sony knows very well how the Move will do great, and by that they dont need a super hyper ultra advertising campaign like kinect needs months before, its just a great controller, its not like sony thinks everybody needs the move, they just give everyone the chance to expirience other styles of games!

IM not saying it will not get a great campaign, just wait I think it will be huge

Ultr said:

@Mr Puggsly on 2010-08-03 12:21

"Yeah... sure it will.

In my opinoin, It doesn't look like Sony has much faith in the Move. It ships next month and I'm not seeing much about it."

your interpreting it wrong :)

Sony knows very well how the Move will do great, and by that they dont need a super hyper ultra advertising campaign like kinect needs months before, its just a great controller, its not like sony thinks everybody needs the move, they just give everyone the chance to expirience other styles of games!

IM not saying it will not get a great campaign, just wait I think it will be huge

Yep pretty much this AND also I think they are waiting until GC is done and out of the way...I get the feeling they have some more stuff to announce by then ;)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!