By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 18 Month Wait for 'Hardcore' Kinect Games -say's Microsoft EMEA vice prez.

How long do GearsofWarHaloFable gamers have to wait then?

18 months, says Lewis, during which time "more of these hybrid experiences...where you can complement what might ostensibly be a controller-based experience with gestures, voice and physical movement" will probably make an appearance.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/201552/18_month_wait_for_hardcore_kinect_games.html?tk=hp_new

that's not a real long time though I would like for it to have been sooner, but like anything that can change

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

I hope he isn't reffering to the star wars game that was shown as a "hybrid experience".

I am not sure if I want hybrid experience with Kinect to be honest...

feels like a confirmation of sorts that kinect can't be tacked on to games and instead the game has to be specifically developed for kinect.  should minimize the amount of cheap cash-ins but kinect's library will remain small for quite a while yet. 

i guess i'll revisit my decision to buy kinect in 18 months though.  that really feels like it is too close to the end of the generation though...at least to me.

The price honestly kills it for me. Oh well I am not really the target demographic anyways. 

So its a peripheral that costs too much for casuals and has no games for the hardcore? Again I ask myself; what possible reason is there for these HD console motion controls to succeed against the Wii?

Around the Network

So were people really expecting a ton of core gaming experiences at launch?  Really?

This was just revealed about a year ago and introduces very different way of gaming.  It takes TRADITIONAL core games some 2-3 years to conceptualize and release, so why would these be ... easier?

Casual gaming at first, just like it was the Wii, should be expected.  If those don't appeal to you, wait.

Its a ways to wait but i'm not going to worry since I have Halo Reach to play for the next 2-3 years.

kitler53 said:

feels like a confirmation of sorts that kinect can't be tacked on to games and instead the game has to be specifically developed for kinect.  should minimize the amount of cheap cash-ins but kinect's library will remain small for quite a while yet. 

i guess i'll revisit my decision to buy kinect in 18 months though.  that really feels like it is too close to the end of the generation though...at least to me.

I can see where you may think that but to me i think just the exact reverse of that it show's me that the system support is going to be there in strong software support like Microsoft has this generation and now even more time on the Market. that show's Microsoft is commited to supporting the XBOX360 for quite a while in the future on the market. Even if they do bring out another system they intend to keep support for the xbox360.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Well I guess it'll be 18 months before I start considering a purchase of it because none of the announced games (bar Child of Eden) have really interested me.  And for $150, there are going to have to be games that interest me haha.  

So 1.5 years until the interesting games out that actually appeal to the core userbase and it costs $150 if you already have an Xbox. That's in 2012.

What.

The.

Hell.

Kinect is shooting itself in the foot now.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you