By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official June NPD Thread (Data in 6 hours for 5 wks ending July 3)

There are now no more shortage in the US now:

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1106530p1.html

Around the Network

The PS3 is BEASTING! I am honestly shocked that the PS3 sold 300k, this definitely proves that Sony couldn't keep up with the demand in the US. I was thinking the PS3 would have another 200k month, 300k is simply incredible.

Is it possible that the PS3 might actually catch up to the 360 in sales? I didn't think it was going to happen, but after a 300k month with no price drop (except from the competition), I'm gonna leave the possibility open again.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Since it's numbers were spot on and everything else was undertracked, there was no meltdown for once! Just overall contentment and that's cool, unless you take pleasure on stomping consoles that are not of your choice.

I expect PS3 to be adjusted up about 15k per week, Wii about 6k per week. X360 should keep as we actually have it since the numbers were spot on. Both RDRs likely will be adjusted up and SMG2/NSMBWii adjusted down by some 60-70k each maybe...

Good month for everything that isn't handheld and black. PS3's NA results have been so underwhelming this year until now, that's good. Great show for 360 of course, on top for the second time in '10. Wii....don't know what to say here. 

Article up.

PS3 & X360 just completed record 12 month hw sequences in the USA. Both should be near their peaks given that neither company wants to cut price in 2010 it looks like but we'll have to see.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

So I guess supply shortages really were holding PS3 back. Sony you complete and utter morons. I can hardly wait to see what things look like when they introduce the 160 and 320 and clear out the old stock. And if they're not even bigger morons introduce the white model.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

PS3 adjustments incoming?

I guess supply was a bigger issue than thought.

- By the way, could someone tell me the dates where the big 3 state their shipments? (The sales I go by).

Poor MGS, didn't even make top 10. 

Why does VGC always undertrack PS3??

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps3_sale_e.html

I'm surprised at Toy Stoy 3  DS selling over 130k