By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official June NPD Thread (Data in 6 hours for 5 wks ending July 3)

It is probably 11th or so. Konami wanted 3m for it worldwide right? Can't imagine it will get there. May end up with a similar total to MGS: Twin Snakes on the GC worldwide.

I think most months since 2006, top PSP games tend to sell mid-five digit figures (40k-60k) in the USA per month, so if its in the top 20 its actually a major coup for Konami.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network
Sorcery said:

The PS3 is BEASTING! I am honestly shocked that the PS3 sold 300k, this definitely proves that Sony couldn't keep up with the demand in the US. I was thinking the PS3 would have another 200k month, 300k is simply incredible.

Is it possible that the PS3 might actually catch up to the 360 in sales? I didn't think it was going to happen, but after a 300k month with no price drop (except from the competition), I'm gonna leave the possibility open again.

360 sales include arcade 150$, elite at 250$.

so not while cheaper but this christimas ps3 may regain lead worldwide easily.

Great all around numbers, wonder what happened with ps3 sales, gt5 effect, every1 s preparing for it :)

360 as excpected

I dont think PS3 at 299 is anywhere near his peak.

so, will the "analysts" once again blame the Wii for the YOY software decline?

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

Wow....PS3 was undertracked by quite a bit.

LOL! PS3 @ 304k,doubled last month number with no huge release and any sort of price cut/walmart deals....

Good going for all.

Not surprised the 360 won June.

Excellent PS3 numbers but wow this site is usually much closer than that on consoles sales. The 360 numbers were spot on but NPD had PS3 higher than Vgchartz had PS3 for all of the Americas. 

I imagine there will have to be some kind of adjustment for the PS3 I mean overlooking some 60000 sales would not be acceptable

great numbers for the 360 and the ps3... wii not so much. =/

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!