By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official June NPD Thread (Data in 6 hours for 5 wks ending July 3)

BBH said:

PS3 adjustments incoming?

I guess supply was a bigger issue than thought.

- By the way, could someone tell me the dates where the big 3 state their shipments? (The sales I go by).

end of march and then again end of dec

last reported was

ps3 35.7M

360 40M

wii 70.93

doubt 360 shipped much from april-june since there trying to phase out the old models they must of know from march that a newer model would soon come out and since there new model is still hard to find doubt there shipping many of those end of december shipments will be interesting

Play Me

Around the Network

also to note ps3 september 09 npd was about 500k if my memorys working i know these numbers only have 3 weeks of price cut and new 360 model in em but remember this is 5 weeks and in september the cheapest ps3 was the slim at $299 and the discontinued 80gb and 160gb phats at $299 and $349 respectively

Play Me

What time did this release exactly? Assuming it was after the Nasdaq closed, since MS didn't move on Thursday.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Why do you insist on spreading false information?

Shipment information is released for every quarter. It usually comes out late January for the 3 months ending December, mid May for the three months ending March, late July for the three months ending June, and mid November for the three months ending September.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

MANUELF said:

I'm surprised at Toy Stoy 3  DS selling over 130k

I'm not nor should you be. Toy Story 3 is a popular movie and the game itself is getting good ratings. That's enough to make young teens, parents, and adult gamers pick up the game.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Around the Network
palancas7 said:
toMsons7551 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't care about region sales? I just want to see World Wide, all that matters is a total, not one slice of the pie.

Why am I not surprised?

No you get my logic wrong, I just want to know the whole picture. I don't want to know how many white people in Kenya bought something, you care about the whole population. Put that to a whole and I just care about all the sales. These NPD threads are a bunch of idiot fanboys just saying SEE, my system is better and you just got one market that is spoken for. I am a numbers guy, and I don't care about one number, just like I don't give a f*** if Japan is a PS3 market. I know this, doesn't help sh*t to get those figures, but World Wide numbers help a ton. But they are delayed and people seem to ignore that which surprises me cause it's the WHOLE story.

So I am not surprised you're one of the many idiots who put faulty logic into their stance, as you have nearly no credibility. I say who gives a sh*t, cause no one should. Sony sold 300K which is fantastic in the US region at the same stable price point. MS sold 450K with a $50 pricedrop and a new SKU at their old price point. You have to put everything into perspective, not just have a lapse in time and only talk about the right NOW..

Neither way, I own the 360 and PS3, the fatty PS3 and the original 360. Both have no issues, but my PS3 gets more credit cause it's on 24/7 (nearly). I don't keep my 360 on, I know it would RROD and I am not an idiot. I am good with tech. Honestly people need to know that if the 360 didn't get massive RROD's, the PS3 and 360 would be tied right mEOW in total sales, not this 5M gap the 360 has. I don't put useless assumptions in my logic, I get the whole picture unlike 99% of the community which has a short attention span. Neither the PS3 Slim, nor the 360 Slim have wow'd me and got me to buy a second system. Their strategy is terrible, IMO. Sony can win in my book if they release the White PS3 Slim in the USA with the 160/320GB HDD. The dull black one right now does nothing for me, so I won't buy that.

I am not some guy who talks out of his ass, I do research on matters so I don't look like an idiot fanboy. But I will say, I am only a fan of HD systems, not no girly shit like the 3DS, DS, Wii, PSP, or what ever the f*** else there is. If it's not on the PS3 or 360, I couldn't care any less.

EDIT: This post has been moderated. -d1

Ok he got banned.

WilliamWatts said:

Ok he got banned.

Yeah. It's not often I get to see something before an alert, but let's be honest, trolling non-HD systems, calling a user (and others like him) idiots, slinging around fanboy, and well... I guess an inability to adequately get his message across without cursing also, though that last one's a little harder to moderate. I got him on the others...

**This is posted also because ban reasons aren't shown anymore.

Oh, and subject at hand. Like many others here, I'm shocked to see the accuracy on the 360 sales, good job to the tracking team on those!

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

I really wonder why everything is up. Sure 4 weeks vs 5 weeks, but if we just go by that, everything should be up 25%.

PSP up 104%. There was a MGS Peace Walker, but it didn't even made it in the top10. That is below 140k. So did people by PSPs just to download / pirate one game? Strange.

Wii up 26% so basically in line with the month before given the difference in weeks. But there was no major release on the Wii while last month saw SMG2.

PS3 up 97% is great as well. Again no major release unlike last month with RDR. Shortages might have been an issue though.

Xbox360 doing great was not a surprise. I hope they can meet demand next month.

Nintendo DS kept its level of the month before.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Peace Walker bombed.  Wonder if it made top 20?