By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official June NPD Thread (Data in 6 hours for 5 wks ending July 3)

iWarMachine said:

great numbers for the 360 and the ps3... wii not so much. =/

?

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
jarrod said:

Peace Walker bombed.  Wonder if it made top 20?

It didn't bombed. NPD does not track bundle and Peace Walker was bundled with the PSP.

Boutros said:
jarrod said:

It didn't bombed. NPD does not track bundle and Peace Walker was bundled with the PSP.

Even bundled, the game likely sold well under 150k 1st month.  For a 'real' MGS that's a bomb.

jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:

Even bundled, the game likely sold well under 150k 1st month.  For a 'real' MGS that's a bomb.

No it's not a bomb. You're overusing that term.

Is Gran Turismo a bomb on the PSP?

Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:

In America?  Without question, GT PSP moved under 20k it's first NPD iirc.  Pretty much everything high profile but Dissidia and LBP bombed on PSP last year in the US.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:

In America?  Without question, GT PSP moved under 20k it's first NPD iirc.  Pretty much everything high profile but Dissidia and LBP bombed on PSP last year in the US.

Again, you don't know. They're also available on the PS store so unless you have data of those sales, I don't think you can call it a bomb.

Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:

Again, you don't know. They're also available on the PS store so unless you have data of those sales, I don't think you can call it a bomb.

GTPSP has sold over 600k in Americas.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:

I'm in an NPD thread.  It deals with retail exclusively.  Ergo, all discussion contained within would pertain to retail.  And at retail what I said is certainly the case; BOMBs away!

Of course we have zero indication of significant PSN sales anywhere at this point for any product, so I'd say that great white hope is probably a bit suspect for your reflexive defense anyway.

postofficebuddy said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:

Shipped =/= Sold

If you're even posting on this site, you should really know better...

jarrod said:
postofficebuddy said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:

Shipped =/= Sold

If you're even posting on this site, you should really know better...

I'm well aware of that but that's as of March. I'm sure it's sold through it by now.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4