By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official June NPD Thread (Data in 6 hours for 5 wks ending July 3)

jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:

It's a strawman to basically say PSP games can't bomb due to PSN.  Which is exactly what you're doing.

I didn't say they can't bomb I said you cannot know whether they bombed or not just by looking at retail sales.

Bombed at retail.  I can certainly say that, and did.  Welcome to the NPD thread, this is what we talk about in here.

Ok you can talk about it as much as you want but it's irrelevant.

Around the Network
TheSource said:

Interesting that Wii Sports Resort is still selling in strong volumes to the Wii base AND in strong volumes to new Wii users (since it is bundled with new Wii consoles).

I'm actually kinda shocked it made top 20.  But then, there ARE a lot of previous Wii owners out there...

alfredofroylan said:
Boutros said:

Gosh you're immature alfredofroylan.

But thanks for top 20!

I'm one of those PSP supporters ... and I only buy retail games. It's so sad.

?

You =/= everybody

Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:

It's a strawman to basically say PSP games can't bomb due to PSN.  Which is exactly what you're doing.

I didn't say they can't bomb I said you cannot know whether they bombed or not just by looking at retail sales.

Bombed at retail.  I can certainly say that, and did.  Welcome to the NPD thread, this is what we talk about in here.

lol.  I wonder how 'irrelevant' Konami will find it in their next earnings release?

jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:

lol.  I wonder how 'irrelevant' Konami will find it in their next earnings release?

Konami will also consider PSN sales, something you don't and that's why your post was irrelevant.

Around the Network

So missed in Action, games from this and last month:

Alpha Protocol, Singularity, Sin and Punishment 2, Modnation Racers, Blur, Split/Second, Naughty Bear, MGS Peacewalker, Green Day Rockband, Skate and 3D dot heroes.

Boutros said:

Konami will also consider PSN sales, something you don't and that's why your post was irrelevant.

Retail is irrelevant?  News to everybody! ;)

No matter how you slice it, this is just terrible for the title. No wonder Kojima's gone running to 3DS...

alfredofroylan said:

So missed in Action, games from this and last month:

Alpha Protocol, Singularity, Sin and Punishment 2, Modnation Racers, Blur, Split/Second, Naughty Bear, MGS Peacewalker, Green Day Rockband, Skate and 3D dot heroes.

S&P2 is being said to have moved only four figures. :/

It only had six days of charting, but I doubt it'll do all that much better over July.  Nintendo really should've priced it lower imo, $29.99 (like the Endless Ocean games) would've been irresistible.

if i were kojima i would put Psp to hell and start doing games to 3Ds and DS... Psp just arent selling software not even hardware ... sony needs PSP2 , Psp is only strong on Japan right now and even compared to DS its nothing...

jarrod said:
Boutros said:

Retail is irrelevant?  News to everybody! ;)

No matter how you slice it, this is just terrible for the title. No wonder Kojima's gone running to 3DS...

Retail is not irrelevant but ignoring PSN sales and calling the game a bomb only because of retail sales is irrelevant.

Just look at the recent GTAIV DLC on PS3. It came out at retail and on the PS Store at the same time and it stayed in the PS Store top 10 for a long while. So we can't just look at the retail sales to analyze whether it was a success or not.

It's true though that the sales are not impressive.