By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official June NPD Thread (Data in 6 hours for 5 wks ending July 3)

fastyxx said:
jarrod said:
MANUELF said:

Is Peace Walker the biggest high profile bomb of the year so far?

Possibly, but not totally unexpected.  Personally, I'd say Blur was worse.

We've had a lot of them in the past few months though (Lost Planet 2, Split Second, Singularity, Alan Wake, Green Day RB, Tiger 2011, etc, etc).

I'm wondering, how do these numbers square up with VGC?

I don't know if I'd put Green Day in there.  It did about 220 across platfrorms and it's one of those games that will seel at discounted prices over lifetime.   Was anyone expecting millions?  I'd argue the same with Singularity.

Alan Wake, Split/Second, LP2 and I'd add Blur all underperformed.

the Tiger2011 is not unexpected given the brand of Woods has gone south a bit, but still a bomb.

Yeah, Green Day's probably unfair, as the whole genre's really been what dropped, and well before this.  Agreed on the rest too, though I think Singularity had a chance, though Activision basically decided to "send it to die" in the end.  Raven's going to be the COD bitch-studio for sure.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
XanderZane said:
jarrod said:
XanderZane said:

Why did hardware sales rise for all platforms. I understand why the XBox 360 sales rose, which was do to the 360 Slim, but why was hardware sales higher for all the other platforms? Especially the PSP. I can't understand why sales rose for the handheld.

PS3: supplies came in, pent up demand

PSP: probably the PW bundle

Wii: not that big a rise really

DS: ditto

I know the PS3 supposely had some shortages, but none of the other consoles did. PSP has always had many bundles. It was just werid to see all the platforms get a jump in sales this month, when they were all on the downturn last month.

Well, the other thing to consider is June being a 5 week reporting period.  Someone should do the math, but there might not actually be much of a bump for most platforms.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3533549

Has anyone checked the difference between NPD lifetime sales of Red Dead versus VGC lifetime sales?

I wanna know if there's a chance we'll get an adjustment up, and if so how much possibly.

I LOVE GIGGS said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3533549

Awesome, thanks!  So month to month, DS and Wii are basically flat.  PS3 rose (supplies), 360 rose (slim) and PSP rose (MGS5 bundle).

Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:

Konami will also consider PSN sales, something you don't and that's why your post was irrelevant.

Retail is irrelevant?  News to everybody! ;)

No matter how you slice it, this is just terrible for the title. No wonder Kojima's gone running to 3DS...

Retail is not irrelevant but ignoring PSN sales and calling the game a bomb only because of retail sales is irrelevant.

Just look at the recent GTAIV DLC on PS3. It came out at retail and on the PS Store at the same time and it stayed in the PS Store top 10 for a long while. So we can't just look at the retail sales to analyze whether it was a success or not.

It's true though that the sales are not impressive.

Dude... you are seriously... SERIOUSLY reaching.  There is no way download sales would be greater then retail sales... or honestly even close.

Around the Network

mgs pw bombed? where? :D it already sold 1 million at retail

and will easily reach 5th best sold metal gear(best handheld release ), maybe they expected more than the sales for now, but hey, this is no dreamland (btw I've never seen advertising where I live, but I bought it and it is awesome!)

Kasz216 said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:

Konami will also consider PSN sales, something you don't and that's why your post was irrelevant.

No matter how you slice it, this is just terrible for the title. No wonder Kojima's gone running to 3DS...

Retail is not irrelevant but ignoring PSN sales and calling the game a bomb only because of retail sales is irrelevant.

Just look at the recent GTAIV DLC on PS3. It came out at retail and on the PS Store at the same time and it stayed in the PS Store top 10 for a long while. So we can't just look at the retail sales to analyze whether it was a success or not.

Dude... you are seriously... SERIOUSLY reaching.  There is no way download sales would be greater then retail sales... or honestly even close.

?

I never said that. It's crazy how people see stuff that was never written in the first place.

Boutros said:
Kasz216 said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:

?

I never said that. It's crazy how people see stuff that was never written in the first place.

Almost as crazy as trying to kill discussion in a NPD thread with just the possibility of PSN sales.

Poor, poor Bomb Walker. :(

Boutros said:
Kasz216 said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:

?

You said you can't call peacewalker a bomb due to not knowing the download sales.  You can if it's obvious the download sales didn't make up for it... which they obviously didn't.

lol without any major releases or new HW Ps3 is kicking ass

and PW did just fine...some people here are such wishfulk thinkers if they think otherwise....retail digital downloads = nice amount and it just came out so give it some time for the legs to kick in aswell

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!