By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official June NPD Thread (Data in 6 hours for 5 wks ending July 3)

Kasz216 said:
Boutros said:
Kasz216 said:
Boutros said:
Kasz216 said:
Boutros said:
Kasz216 said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:

Konami will also consider PSN sales, something you don't and that's why your post was irrelevant.

Retail is irrelevant?  News to everybody! ;)

No matter how you slice it, this is just terrible for the title. No wonder Kojima's gone running to 3DS...

Retail is not irrelevant but ignoring PSN sales and calling the game a bomb only because of retail sales is irrelevant.

Just look at the recent GTAIV DLC on PS3. It came out at retail and on the PS Store at the same time and it stayed in the PS Store top 10 for a long while. So we can't just look at the retail sales to analyze whether it was a success or not.

It's true though that the sales are not impressive.

Dude... you are seriously... SERIOUSLY reaching.  There is no way download sales would be greater then retail sales... or honestly even close.

?

I never said that. It's crazy how people see stuff that was never written in the first place.

You said you can't call peacewalker a bomb due to not knowing the download sales.  You can if it's obvious the download sales didn't make up for it... which they obviously didn't.

Yeah well I'd like numbers because what you think isn't necessarily the truth. You can't blame me for not trusting a forum user on the internet without a real proof :)

I just say no one knows the sales of PSP games on the PS Store. It might be bad or might be more than people think. That's why I say we can't judge just by looking at retail sales.

The same thing goes for PC sales. You can't only look at retail sales since most games are available on Steam or something else.

Er... what?  Did you or did you not say that you didn't think download sales at least matched peacewalkers sales.

Your just being illogical because you don't want to admit the game bombed... hard.

Though we do have numbers from Sony.... in a way.  Last time they mentioned digital sales they said they were less then a third of retail.  This was for the PS3... which had a much bigger harddrive.

You remind me of those people who still think OJ Simpson is innocent.  "Well nobody actually SAW him stab them!"  I'm just saying we can't judge someone unless we actually see them stabbed.

Digital download sales are going to be proportional to retail sales.

Therefore if it's a retail bomb.. it's digital download bomb.

No I didn't. You can go back and read again if you really want to prove me wrong.

Really? I'm illogical yet you're the one inventing stuff. I think you're just trying to provoke me at this point which is what I call baiting. I don't know why you're doing that. It's childish and it creates empty argumentations about irrelevant stuff.

Why would you seperate them? They go together.

I'm just being realistic as we do not have any numbers for digital sales. We includes me and you. You don't have them either unless you're working at Sony or something and you're keeping secret datas for yourself?

I'm not "inventing" anything.  I'm using basic logic known from past trends.

While you are clinging on to a "we don't know 100% for certain" arguement that's based on nothing but hope.

Just like OJ.  We can't be "100%" of his guilt... but we have plenty of information to asertain that is very likely the possibility.

If you'd like a rephrase fine...  "It's far far more likely then not that MGS Peace Walker bombed then it not bombing."

Whatever. It seems you want to prove something but quite frankly, I don't care anymore. You totally changed of subject.

And what's with you and that "hope" thing. You would have to be inconsiderate to wish for a good game not to sell well.

Around the Network

Hmmm, MGS: PW sold 52,000 copies.

Boutros said:
Kasz216 said:
Boutros said:
Kasz216 said:
Boutros said:
Kasz216 said:
Boutros said:
Kasz216 said:
Boutros said:
jarrod said:
Boutros said:

Konami will also consider PSN sales, something you don't and that's why your post was irrelevant.

Retail is irrelevant?  News to everybody! ;)

No matter how you slice it, this is just terrible for the title. No wonder Kojima's gone running to 3DS...

Retail is not irrelevant but ignoring PSN sales and calling the game a bomb only because of retail sales is irrelevant.

Just look at the recent GTAIV DLC on PS3. It came out at retail and on the PS Store at the same time and it stayed in the PS Store top 10 for a long while. So we can't just look at the retail sales to analyze whether it was a success or not.

It's true though that the sales are not impressive.

Dude... you are seriously... SERIOUSLY reaching.  There is no way download sales would be greater then retail sales... or honestly even close.

?

I never said that. It's crazy how people see stuff that was never written in the first place.

You said you can't call peacewalker a bomb due to not knowing the download sales.  You can if it's obvious the download sales didn't make up for it... which they obviously didn't.

Yeah well I'd like numbers because what you think isn't necessarily the truth. You can't blame me for not trusting a forum user on the internet without a real proof :)

I just say no one knows the sales of PSP games on the PS Store. It might be bad or might be more than people think. That's why I say we can't judge just by looking at retail sales.

The same thing goes for PC sales. You can't only look at retail sales since most games are available on Steam or something else.

Er... what?  Did you or did you not say that you didn't think download sales at least matched peacewalkers sales.

Your just being illogical because you don't want to admit the game bombed... hard.

Though we do have numbers from Sony.... in a way.  Last time they mentioned digital sales they said they were less then a third of retail.  This was for the PS3... which had a much bigger harddrive.

You remind me of those people who still think OJ Simpson is innocent.  "Well nobody actually SAW him stab them!"  I'm just saying we can't judge someone unless we actually see them stabbed.

Digital download sales are going to be proportional to retail sales.

Therefore if it's a retail bomb.. it's digital download bomb.

No I didn't. You can go back and read again if you really want to prove me wrong.

Really? I'm illogical yet you're the one inventing stuff. I think you're just trying to provoke me at this point which is what I call baiting. I don't know why you're doing that. It's childish and it creates empty argumentations about irrelevant stuff.

Why would you seperate them? They go together.

I'm just being realistic as we do not have any numbers for digital sales. We includes me and you. You don't have them either unless you're working at Sony or something and you're keeping secret datas for yourself?

I'm not "inventing" anything.  I'm using basic logic known from past trends.

While you are clinging on to a "we don't know 100% for certain" arguement that's based on nothing but hope.

Just like OJ.  We can't be "100%" of his guilt... but we have plenty of information to asertain that is very likely the possibility.

If you'd like a rephrase fine...  "It's far far more likely then not that MGS Peace Walker bombed then it not bombing."

Whatever. It seems you want to prove something but quite frankly, I don't care anymore. You totally changed of subject.

And what's with you and that "hope" thing. You would have to be inconsiderate to wish for a good game not to sell well.

There is nothing wrong with hope... except when it clouds reality.  You are looking for excuses because you like the game... plain and simple.

Afterall who wanted to believe that one of the most charismatic loved football players of all time was a stone cold killer? 

Also... I didn't change the subject.  my very first post said that digital sales would have to be unprecedented for Peacewalker to not be a bomb... and that is still the conversation.  It's just one you don't like.

To put it another way... false hope.

Well I'll get a pack of tissues for Valkyria Chronicles 2 ...... I'm going to need them.

palancas7 said:

Hmmm, MGS: PW sold 52,000 copies.

For people keeping score, that's also for 4 full weeks of sales.  That's less than supposed Wii 'flops' like MadWorld or The Conduit did in less time even.

Actually, even Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on PSP sold more it's first NPD.  This is a total bomb for a series with the sort of brand stature and awareness like MGS, and especially for a Kojima directed game.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:

There is nothing wrong with hope... except when it clouds reality.  You are looking for excuses because you like the game... plain and simple.

Afterall who wanted to believe that one of the most charismatic loved football players of all time was a stone cold killer? 

Also... I didn't change the subject.  my very first post said that digital sales would have to be unprecedented for Peacewalker to not be a bomb... and that is still the conversation.  It's just one you don't like.

Ehhh again you're wrong (shocking)

I never ever played MGS: PW nor MGS4 and I stopped playing MGS3 because I was bored by it. So what now?

I don't own a PSP and I don't want one because I don't like handhelds.

Confused? Yes you are.

And your first post was about something I never said. I don't want to discuss on something I never said.

alfredofroylan said:

Well I'll get a pack of tissues for Valkyria Chronicles 2 ...... I'm going to need them.

Great! I'll grab the cake then for the celebration, you know when VC2 bombs on PSP sega will go back making the series to PS3 where it sold so much better. =)

Ping_ii said:
alfredofroylan said:

Great! I'll grab the cake then for the celebration, you know when VC2 bombs on PSP sega will go back making the series to PS3 where it sold so much better. =)

They'll probably release it for the 3DS before then. =)

Boutros said:
Kasz216 said:

Ehhh again you're wrong (shocking)

I never ever played MGS: PW nor MGS4 and I stopped playing MGS3 because I was bored by it. So what now?

I don't own a PSP and I don't want one because I don't like handhelds.

Confused? Yes you are.

And your first post was about something I never said. I don't want to discuss on something I never said.

I'm confused why you had "hopes for a good game" and false ones at that... when you consider said games poor... but hey i've seen crazier stuff on this site.

Either way... it's quite simple... the game was a bomb... you want to reserve judgement for some reason when it's clear as day.

You want to have false hope.  So, not wrong... all you do is keep admitting i'm right... yet still pretend i'm wrong.  Quite confusing.

Are those 50K for MGSPeace Walker for it's 4 first weeks of sales?
(and please don't tell me VGC has it at 150K in the same time span?)

If so then this is the bomb of the year. Absolutely dismal sales and if the PSP wasn't proclaimed dead before then it sure must be now.