By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official June NPD Thread (Data in 6 hours for 5 wks ending July 3)

Slimebeast said:

Boutros lol stop that spin and damage control. 50K is a disaster and another 10 or 20K of digital sales won't make a difference.

It really isn't damage control. All I'm saying is that we don't know the digital sales. Yes it might be 10 or 20k like it might be 50 or 80k. But that goes for every PSP games and that's why I like the IGN article. It's questionning the way we should analyze PSP sales now that it's available on the PS Store.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:

Boutros lol stop that spin and damage control. 50K is a disaster and another 10 or 20K of digital sales won't make a difference.

You forgot about 30k copies bundled with PSP hardware. So we are looking at a total of about 100k for the month.

Yeah I also come up with about 30k or so for the bundle. So we have about 80k of retail sales for the first month.

Portable Ops is at 133k.

That's pretty alarming.

RolStoppable said:
Boutros said:
RolStoppable said:
Slimebeast said:

You forgot about 30k copies bundled with PSP hardware. So we are looking at a total of about 100k for the month.

Yeah I also come up with about 30k or so for the bundle. So we have about 80k of retail sales for the first month.

Portable Ops is at 133k.

That's pretty alarming.

It is indeed.

Peace Walker bombed, no doubt about it.

I came to the conclusion that whether a game bombed or not depends on your own criteria. So good for you.

Especilly since the PSP sold over 14 million in the US. For one of the biggest PSP game releases of the year, that is a terrible attach rate.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

RolStoppable said:
Boutros said:
RolStoppable said:

It is indeed.

Peace Walker bombed, no doubt about it.

I came to the conclusion that whether a game bombed or not depends on your own criteria. So good for you.

So everyone does what he feels like? Is that really what you want? Anarchy?

Well everybody has it's own opinion, no?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Boutros said:
RolStoppable said:
Boutros said:

So everyone does what he feels like? Is that really what you want? Anarchy?

Well everybody has it's own opinion, no?

Boohoo.

I am not 100 % sure what you mean. Please elaborate, so that I can direct an appropriate smart ass comment at you.

why people are so happy about MGS bombing? O.o

buy it mgs fans, it's damn good!

also psp sales up , when did kid marcus started his psp ads?

sad.man.loves.vgc said:

why people are so happy about MGS bombing? O.o

buy it mgs fans, it's damn good!

also psp sales up , when did kid marcus started his psp ads?

I remember seeing one while I was watching E3 on my laptop. I was in a hotel lobby and one of the TV showed a Marcus ad. So it seems they didn't work that well.

Boutros said:
Kasz216 said:

Your saying that you can't judge because you don't know the digital distribution numbers.

Said numbers HAD to be higher for it to not be a bomb.

It's as simple as that.  So you'd have to sumbit to the idea that said sales were greater to disavow the bomb comment.

It's no different then saying "Since we didn't see OJ stab her we can't judge!"

The chances of the opposite are far too unlikely.

Still, that's not what I intended to say. It might be what you understood but I still never said it and I didn't mean that.

It's easy to say that the game bombed now that we have the NPD numbers but I originally didn't knew they were so low. Vgchartz is at 177k and that's not what I call a bomb, hence why I replied to jarrod at first.

What I'm saying now is that we don't know the PSN sales.

Even 177K is a bomb when you consider the 3 million projection.

3 millions or 4 bought MGS4, I never understood why, the game is so shit! peace walker is way better, it's so good, mgs fans go buy it for crying out loud QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ