By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GoldenEye Split Screen Gameplay - 5 minutes!

amp316 said:
Chrizum said:

Wow, that looks absolutely horrible. First, the graphics. Perfect Dark on N64 looks better, and that's no exxageration sadly...

Second, what's with the atrocious gunfights? There is no sense of action or mayhem at all... The map looks boring, it has a half-assed Call of Duty-esque aiming system... etc etc.

This game will be a contender for worst game of this generation. Stay clear everyone!

About the graphics.  You are hugely exaggerating.  The graphics on Perfect Dark are no where as good looking as that.  I own Perfect Dark and can tell you this.  The new GoldenEye doesn't look to be pushing the Wii visually but come on...

About the gunfights.  It probably has a Call of Duty style aiming system because it's from Activision.  That's not too hard to figure out.

Worst game of the generation?  Really?  This looks to be better than Madworld and everyone seems to love that game. 

What I'm saying is the GoldenEye was never about the awesome graphics.  It was about the gameplay and the fact that you can be James Bond.  What's cooler than that?   If this has remote mines, then it's already better than 95% of the shooters out there.

Oh shut up. You're a failed Rol clone with a James Bond obsession, and you probably have hammeroids, too.

Perfect Dark at least had decent dynamic lighting. This GoldenEye port has none. And I haven't even started about the reload animations.

Perfect Dark >>>>>>>>> atrocious GoldenEye port

Around the Network

wow they're so bad at this game.

lol @perfect dark comments.is really unfair to compare PD to this 20k10 game.For its time PD looked fine but is obviously not gonna compete with a game using the COD4 engine.You can gimp COD4 engine all you want and it will still not look as terrible as PD looks today. Seriously theres something called nostalgia googles and something not healthy called nostalgia blindfolds.That said to me TC2 looks better than GE.

sauss said:

I dont want to sound like a hater, but it not working for me either. I dont see anything cool about this new Goldeneye.

It looks alright... I guess, but nowhere near for the standards of today's fps.

Most of the FPS are on the HD systems, so we can't really use them as a standard. Comparing the human models to those on Conduit and CoD on the Wii shows they aren't that far off.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Errm....my hype is dying out for this game already. In fact, I can't believe I even got so excited. Not that it looks bad, but this will definitely not have the same feeling the original did back in the day. If I'm gonna be honest, at this point, it looks like COD: Goldeneye.

Now if you were able to play as Pierce Brosnan and if the gameplay mechanics remained true to the original...I'd be way more hyped.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

Im sure if it wasnt goldeneye I wouldnt give fuck but it looks like my brain is trickin in thinkin it looks good besides for the low health.

Can wait to try it and then probably scream fuck Activision for ruinin my second most played game on the 64 next to smash bros.

Nintendo made me a gamer so I'd be stupid to ever try to forget that                                             like so many people nowadays

The Top  Best Consoles Are SNES and PSX 

Currently Playing: 1.Monster Hunter tri 2.MegaMan 10

I see my post was ignored.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

@theRepublic

Your post is duly noted. Its pretty obvious that this game looks visually better than PD.

Even though some may think this game looks dull, I will say that not only will it sell better than Conduit 2 but play better.

Is it not folly to make evaluations of a game in progress?

Because that appears to be what is being done based on a five-minute You Tube video.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

TruckOSaurus said:

Regenerating health sucks! I want to go running around looking for medikits after I'm shot not hide until I'm healed.

Apparently I'm not the only one that kicks it old school :)