By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will NEVER overtake 360.

STEKSTAV said:

Entering this thread now, close to 500 posts and i see the same old people fighting it out as always.. lol :D

So... close to 500 posts, what have you come up with? Nothing? Okay then..
Anyone changed their mind set? Non? Okay then..
Can we agree on the topic or not? No? Okay then..

Rage nerds makes work hours fly by :)

Continue.

My point exactly =)

Around the Network
RaY_Z said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
RaY_Z said:

Man Solid_Snake4RD just wont give up.

Its so entertaining to watch... LOL...

what should i give up on?

it would be entertaining to hear your comments on the topic

nope, ill leave it all to you.

Just like I said, ill continue to watch =)

so you are a WATCHER

then why did you comment

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Mr Puggsly said:

1) Well I don't think Sony will be cutting prices this year. If MS drops the prices $50 the gap will definitely widen. But we'll have to see what happens.

the gap will widen but if it doesn't widen by much then SONY wouldn't reduce.thats what i mean

and GT5 and big marketing this FALL will help SONY limit the gap widening.

if it widens alot then SONY will definately take action

2) It could happen. May  also depend on how Kinect performs. No point in even debating this.

it will happen.you have to be delusional if you think MS won't release a new console for 3-4 years.

KINECT,MOVE or anything else can't be that big a hit to stop a new console launch.it would only be  that big a hit if it was launched with as a new console.people won't just abandon everything else

3) 2013 seems reasonable.

2013 seems reasonable only for SONY and NINTENDO not for MS.MS will have to release before as SONY will release by 2013 max

4) Of course the PS brand is still known more. It dominated the last two gens. Now its in last place and losing unbelievable amounts of money.

its not losing money atm.it lost and not unbelievable and it was for BLU-RAY and will help making PS4 cheap

And if Sony wasn't willing to lose so much money; less PS3 consoles would be sold, they would have less support, and the brand would be much less relevant or dead this gen.

less PS3's  would be sold but was enough to establish the blu-ray format and they were willing as they did

the brand could not be dead after being so high,you are just dreaming

the brand is still pretty relevant.even if not winning,its name is very much

All the money Sony is losing this gen is damage control and they'll continue to lose.

how is it damage control?????????????????????????-do you know its meaning???????????

and how will they continue to lose

Esepcially if a price drop comes soon.

if the $50 price cut comes,they will not lose.as they are already profiting now.and CELL 32nm is coming this fall and other components price dropping means that they will profit more so they will be able to cut the price without lose

1) I feel like you argue even when there isn't anything to argue about.

2) Actually I said MS will probably wait 3 - 4 years before releasing a console. So... lets move on.

3) Hmmm... yeah. Like I said, 3 - 4 years.

4) Well lets wait and see if they start posting some profits any time soon. My guess is making the PS4 cheap is the first priority. I mean they released a very expensive console and we saw how that worked out.

5) Its great that Sony helped establish Bluray. But I fail to understand how it really benefited Sony. Is there no money in DVDs? What a wacky business.

6) Well the PS3 would definitely be much less relevant. The only thing currently keeping it alive is Sony gladly pissing money away.

7) In regards to damage control. Sony fucked up. They put out a ridiculously high priced gaming console and the masses went elsewhere. Basically Sony is doing whatever it takes to not lose more of their old audience to the 360 and Wii. Even if it means the PS3 is ultimately a financial disaster. In my opinion that's damage control.

8) We'll have to wait and see.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

1) I feel like you argue even when there isn't anything to argue about.

i feels the same about you

2) Actually I said MS will probably wait 3 - 4 years before releasing a console. So... lets move on.

yes,thats hat i was referring to so lets stay on

as if MS releases consoles after PS4 and Wii2,they will sink down

3) Hmmm... yeah. Like I said, 3 - 4 years.

like i said Ninty and SONY will come up with new machines by 2013 so MS needs to come before

4) Well lets wait and see if they start posting some profits any time soon. My guess is making the PS4 cheap is the first priority. I mean they released a very expensive console and we saw how that worked out.

they will post some profit soon for the PS division

yes they released an expensive consoles and thats why they were able to Establish blu-ray and PS4 blu-ray being cheap

5) Its great that Sony helped establish Bluray. But I fail to understand how it really benefited Sony. Is there no money in DVDs? What a wacky business.

YOU REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING

SONY were earning less royalties from DVD but will own more from BLU-RAY.

also after some time of domination,people want new format and HD-DVD was coming up.if it had taken over then SONY will be earning the low DVD royalties and no HD-DVD royalties

6) Well the PS3 would definitely be much less relevant. The only thing currently keeping it alive is Sony gladly pissing money away.

yes but only because it still has value

7) In regards to damage control. Sony fucked up. They put out a ridiculously high priced gaming console and the masses went elsewhere. Basically Sony is doing whatever it takes to not lose more of their old audience to the 360 and Wii. Even if it means the PS3 is ultimately a financial disaster. In my opinion that's damage control.

obviously they are not trying to lose money when the format has been established.

Damge control is when damage is done without knowing or intention,SONY completely knew that they were gonna lose huge amounts and like any other company when the job is done,they want to stop the losses now

8) We'll have to wait and see.

so we will

Why did this discussion turn into a debate over profits?  The thread is about whether the PS3 will overtake the 360 so I don't see the relevance of which company makes more money personally unless you're discussing current financials which could effect future pricing.

Around the Network
slowmo said:

Why did this discussion turn into a debate over profits?  The thread is about whether the PS3 will overtake the 360 so I don't see the relevance of which company makes more money personally unless you're discussing current financials which could effect future pricing.

Profit has to come into the discussion.

It is simple really will Sony be willing to sell the PS3 at a loss the remainder of this generation to catch the 360?  I for one believe Sony is now at a place where profit is more important than making thier fans happy by trying to beat the 360.

Think of it this way. If come this fall Sony sees that they will sell 13 million this fiscal year will they cut price $50 so they can reach the 15 million goal and lose like $50 per console on about 7 million consoles.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
RaY_Z said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
RaY_Z said:

Man Solid_Snake4RD just wont give up.

Its so entertaining to watch... LOL...

what should i give up on?

it would be entertaining to hear your comments on the topic

nope, ill leave it all to you.

Just like I said, ill continue to watch =)

so you are a WATCHER

then why did you comment

Because its a forum, and im absolutely free to say whats on my mind buddy =).

Now if you'll excuse me, let me continue watching this show =) =) =)

I honestly think that the 360 has no chance of outselling the P.S.3 this gen. Give Sony some time and P.S.3>360 for sure.

People so sure of an "after-generation" victory for PS3 should keep in mind the way GC/Xbox played out.  GameCube led in basically the same major markets PS3 does (mainland Europe, Japan) and by similar margins even, and yet the console only came up to basically equal Xbox in the end, despite the latter being officially discontinued a year earlier.  People commonly also expected GC to take a late 2nd place, but it just never happened.

What people are suggesting for PS3 (3rd place rising to 2nd) has basically never happened in the history of the industry this late in the cycle.  I wouldn't say it's impossible or anything, but so many are treating it like a foregone conclusion (and that 360 will be put down prematurely, which frankly I see no indications of) I have to wonder what sort of perspective they really have on these things?

Which console is going to be discontinued first, the one making now nice profits, or the one which is almost sure that is not making them? Jarrod has explained it perfectly.