By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will NEVER overtake 360.

Mr Puggsly said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Mr Puggsly said:
SMC said:

It's more likely that the PS3 will overtake the 360 once new consoles hit the shelves - but still - it is still more likely that the PS3 will overtake the 360.

...which is what this topic is about.

Also, Snake is right. It's gona take a while to see how the PS3 really plays out for Sony.

There's only two ways I see the PS3 overtaking the 360. 1) Another price cut

you don't think another PS3 price cut will happen??????????????

MS decides to stop making money and invest in a new console.

if they don't invest in a new consoles and  launch it with Nintendo and SONY new consoles then they will sink and everybody knows this

But there is no reason for MS to rush into a new console and the Playstation brand is reeling financially.

SONY reeking in financially does mean they won't release a new console

How can the PS3 possibly play out? Best case scenario its less of a failure than the original Xbox.

????????????????????????????????????

1) I mean soon... like right now. The 360 will probably see a $50 price cut first and that'll give a sales boost.

why do SONY need to price cut now,they can do it in the holidays

and the $50 that MS will do will give it a boost but SONY will only do if it has a significant and sustained impact

2) My point is they don't need to rush into it. It doesn't need to be released for another 3 - 4 years.

they will release it in the next 2 years for surely.

as Nintendo's next console will be Hardcore,MS won't be able to compete if they don't have a head start

and PS4 will surely be out in 2013 and MS can't afford that

3) Ofcourse they will. Just not in the near future.

THEY WILL release it in 2013 max

why would they release it in near future as PS platforms do atleast 6-7 years before a new platform

4) Like I said, that's the best case scenario. Its been a huge disaster for Sony. It actually hurt the brand.

i thas hurt the brand

but as you can see,even with that,PS3 is within 360 at a higher price

and PS brand is still known far more WW.

Around the Network
Kynes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Kynes said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

i would really love to see your Comedy SALES prediction

Stalemate. I think when the generation ends, the difference in number of sold consoles will be over/under 7 million. I don't think there will be great differences, as all the generation.

i didn't say everybody would release new consoles,my above numbers only show new XBOX releasing

i agree that when everybody releases then the numbes will go down

still why not predict

Because is stupid to make predictions in a forum four years in advance,

its not four years in advance but 2 years

and yeah i agree.most of my predictions are rough but MS will launch a new console do PS3 will overtake 360

no one will remember it when we could check if it was truth or not. It's different if someone of the staff makes a news report predicting the sales trend, because there are thousands of people reading it, it affects the site's reputation... but it's cheap to make absurd predictions in the anonymousness of this forum, no one will care if you're right or wrong due time.

its not cheap.we are just discussing our views

if you don't have a predictions then don't make fun of other

I've provided my predictions. Stalemate.

you haven't provided your predictions year wise

I don't think in this point of the generation we will see great differences in the number of consoles sold by both manufacturers.

how don't you when PS3 has a huge space for a price cut and 360 has already been selling cheap

I think Microsoft have more aces in their sleeve,

what aces can you comment?

Kinect can be an utter failure or game changer,

game changer will only be with better games and a cheap price.ATM it has nothing

but I'm sure move is going to be totally irrelevant.

SCE needs to have benefits, so I don't think you'll see discounts in a short-middle term.

Discounts will happen if 360 has an impact and sustained one in FALL as SCE now needs to continue a sustained momentum for the rest of the GEN as they have the big exclusives coming up now and a low price.losing now would not be great as after this new gen will be coming close

Solid_Snake4RD said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Mr Puggsly said:
SMC said:

It's more likely that the PS3 will overtake the 360 once new consoles hit the shelves - but still - it is still more likely that the PS3 will overtake the 360.

...which is what this topic is about.

Also, Snake is right. It's gona take a while to see how the PS3 really plays out for Sony.

There's only two ways I see the PS3 overtaking the 360. 1) Another price cut

you don't think another PS3 price cut will happen??????????????

MS decides to stop making money and invest in a new console.

if they don't invest in a new consoles and  launch it with Nintendo and SONY new consoles then they will sink and everybody knows this

But there is no reason for MS to rush into a new console and the Playstation brand is reeling financially.

SONY reeking in financially does mean they won't release a new console

How can the PS3 possibly play out? Best case scenario its less of a failure than the original Xbox.

????????????????????????????????????

1) I mean soon... like right now. The 360 will probably see a $50 price cut first and that'll give a sales boost.

why do SONY need to price cut now,they can do it in the holidays

and the $50 that MS will do will give it a boost but SONY will only do if it has a significant and sustained impact

2) My point is they don't need to rush into it. It doesn't need to be released for another 3 - 4 years.

they will release it in the next 2 years for surely.

as Nintendo's next console will be Hardcore,MS won't be able to compete if they don't have a head start

and PS4 will surely be out in 2013 and MS can't afford that

3) Ofcourse they will. Just not in the near future.

THEY WILL release it in 2013 max

why would they release it in near future as PS platforms do atleast 6-7 years before a new platform

4) Like I said, that's the best case scenario. Its been a huge disaster for Sony. It actually hurt the brand.

i thas hurt the brand

but as you can see,even with that,PS3 is within 360 at a higher price

and PS brand is still known far more WW.

1) Well I don't think Sony will be cutting prices this year. If MS drops the prices $50 the gap will definitely widen. But we'll have to see what happens.

2) It could happen. May  also depend on how Kinect performs. No point in even debating this.

3) 2013 seems reasonable.

4) Of course the PS brand is still known more. It dominated the last two gens. Now its in last place and losing unbelievable amounts of money.

And if Sony wasn't willing to lose so much money; less PS3 consoles would be sold, they would have less support, and the brand would be much less relevant or dead this gen.

All the money Sony is losing this gen is damage control and they'll continue to lose. Esepcially if a price drop comes soon.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

1) Well I don't think Sony will be cutting prices this year. If MS drops the prices $50 the gap will definitely widen. But we'll have to see what happens.

the gap will widen but if it doesn't widen by much then SONY wouldn't reduce.thats what i mean

and GT5 and big marketing this FALL will help SONY limit the gap widening.

if it widens alot then SONY will definately take action

2) It could happen. May  also depend on how Kinect performs. No point in even debating this.

it will happen.you have to be delusional if you think MS won't release a new console for 3-4 years.

KINECT,MOVE or anything else can't be that big a hit to stop a new console launch.it would only be  that big a hit if it was launched with as a new console.people won't just abandon everything else

3) 2013 seems reasonable.

2013 seems reasonable only for SONY and NINTENDO not for MS.MS will have to release before as SONY will release by 2013 max

4) Of course the PS brand is still known more. It dominated the last two gens. Now its in last place and losing unbelievable amounts of money.

its not losing money atm.it lost and not unbelievable and it was for BLU-RAY and will help making PS4 cheap

And if Sony wasn't willing to lose so much money; less PS3 consoles would be sold, they would have less support, and the brand would be much less relevant or dead this gen.

less PS3's  would be sold but was enough to establish the blu-ray format and they were willing as they did

the brand could not be dead after being so high,you are just dreaming

the brand is still pretty relevant.even if not winning,its name is very much

All the money Sony is losing this gen is damage control and they'll continue to lose.

how is it damage control?????????????????????????-do you know its meaning???????????

and how will they continue to lose

Esepcially if a price drop comes soon.

if the $50 price cut comes,they will not lose.as they are already profiting now.and CELL 32nm is coming this fall and other components price dropping means that they will profit more so they will be able to cut the price without lose

Scoobes said:

I really don't think it matters anymore. The gap is so small relative to the total console sales of both 360 and PS3, and neither have done well enough over the other to secure HD exclusives so the vast majority of games are multiplatform. As long as Sony continue to get 3rd-party titles and churn out their own exclusives then software sales-wise I think the future looks rosy even if they stay in last place.

spot on

Around the Network

Man Solid_Snake4RD just wont give up.

Its so entertaining to watch... LOL...

RaY_Z said:

what should i give up on?

it would be entertaining to hear your comments on the topic

kinect will not impact xbox sales, the xbox slim is and will give a big rise because of cut price and because many 3RL's owners will now buy a new xbox

Entering this thread now, close to 500 posts and i see the same old people fighting it out as always.. lol :D

So... close to 500 posts, what have you come up with? Nothing? Okay then..
Anyone changed their mind set? Non? Okay then..
Can we agree on the topic or not? No? Okay then..

Rage nerds makes work hours fly by :)

Continue.

Solid_Snake4RD said:
RaY_Z said:

what should i give up on?

it would be entertaining to hear your comments on the topic

nope, ill leave it all to you.

Just like I said, ill continue to watch =)