By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will NEVER overtake 360.

world wide, it definitely has a bigger chance, in America? not so much.

Around the Network

whilst the xbox 360 is still selling, the ps3 will never overtake it. its when microsoft discontinue the 360 and sony carry on selling the ps3 then it will pass it. there was a chance with this slim conisering we all thought it was gonna go for $150 or $199 but at the price sony have set, they've given microsoft a good chance of keeping their lead and i think they will do that.

I'm really sure if ure really worried if PS3 ever catch 360 sales. According to VGC there is only 2M ahead, there is a lot upcoming PS3 exclusive, PS3 New model, and I think PS3 Slim first model will got a price cut.

Kantor said:
dahuman said:
I still don't understand why people are arguing about who's number 2 or number 3, they both lost this gen already so why give a flying fuck?

This thread was posted over two years ago.

But hey, it would be nice to have some sales discussion again. When you put it that way, why give a crap about any console sales? Because it interests us and there's a debate to be had.

Anyway, it seems almost like a given now that the PS3 will overtake the 360.

But it won't pass the Xbox 360 in the current generation!

Next gen Kantie-Panties R sure to outsell the Xbox next, PS4 and Wii U combined however.

Tease.

Yeaaaa! old Thread. SOny DOomz!!! MS is the real winner no matter what. Money made and things that have went MS's way couldn't have been better. 3rd party is way up, they have started up a bunch of 1st party for next box. So really who cares, Sony has taken a kick to the pants this gen. EVen Anonymous got in a few punch's.

Around the Network

At this point, I don't see it even being relevant if the PS3 passes; if it does, it will be as a result of a 3rd generation Xbox being released before a PS4, and PS3 going to a low discount price. It's so late in the generation that any new units sold will not have a lot of new game purchases attached.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

sepoer said:
I'm really sure if ure really worried if PS3 ever catch 360 sales. According to VGC there is only 2M ahead, there is a lot upcoming PS3 exclusive, PS3 New model, and I think PS3 Slim first model will got a price cut.

PS3 exclusives that will sell mediocre to say the least. PS3 New model comes with a price increase or a terrible deal, and no price cut has been confirmed so yep their will be a beating at the end of the year just not one you want to see.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

whilst the xbox 360 is still selling, the ps3 will never overtake it. its when microsoft discontinue the 360 and sony carry on selling the ps3 then it will pass it. there was a chance with this slim conisering we all thought it was gonna go for $150 or $199 but at the price sony have set, they've given microsoft a good chance of keeping their lead and i think they will do that.

No only the Sony fans were praying for that, it didn't come true so now its going to be the new excuse for why the PS3 is underperforming.

dharh said:
NextLevel said:
And now Sony super slim take now, to see who can make the desperate

Translation:

"And now Sony releases the Super Slim. This is another desparate attempt to not be last place."

It's still giberish. The margins for 2nd/3rd place are so small its meaningless. The Wii won this gen, the HD twins ultimately ate up the other half (55%) of the pie equaly.

Sony is following through on its 10+ year plan to support the PS3, which I applaud. The Wii will die with no support, the PS3 will continue to get games, especially via PSN, long after the PS4 is released. 

Thanks, ...my english sometimes is very very bad :)

There's less than a 1% difference in marketshare between the Xbox 360 and PS3  in terms of console sales (at least according to the information on the main page). The consoles are already tied, and even if PS3 surpasses the 360, I would still consider them a tie, as long as the percent difference in marketshare remains that small.