By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Its time to admit it. PS3 will NEVER overtake 360.

Its things like this that show me that in the back of many PS3 gamers minds........they dont like the bronze medal after 2 gens of having the gold.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
NextLevel said:
And now Sony super slim take now, to see who can make the desperate

Translation:

"And now Sony releases the Super Slim. This is another desparate attempt to not be last place."

It's still giberish. The margins for 2nd/3rd place are so small its meaningless. The Wii won this gen, the HD twins ultimately ate up the other half (55%) of the pie equaly.

Sony is following through on its 10+ year plan to support the PS3, which I applaud. The Wii will die with no support, the PS3 will continue to get games, especially via PSN, long after the PS4 is released. 

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

sales2099 said:
Its things like this that show me that in the back of many PS3 gamers minds........they dont like the bronze medal after 2 gens of having the gold.

Most people see the ps3 and 360 as equal sellers this gen. When the ps3 passes the 360 people won't really care. Its only the odd few raving fanboys you find online that truly care. Anyway, as it's been said many times the wii has won this gen by a mile. But it doesn't really matter. The ps3 and 360 are still having great games released for them this late in the generation while the wii is dead. Most eyes are on next gen now. 

thehusbo said:
sales2099 said:

Most people see the ps3 and 360 as equal sellers this gen. When the ps3 passes the 360 people won't really care. Its only the odd few raving fanboys you find online that truly care. Anyway, as it's been said many times the wii has won this gen by a mile. But it doesn't really matter. The ps3 and 360 are still having great games released for them this late in the generation while the wii is dead. Most eyes are on next gen now. 

Couldnt agree more. But its human nature to see what the vocal minority do and generalize for the entire people. Not just here, but in most things in this world. The way I see it, the majority are too polite to voice their concerns but nonetheless think of it. Its the vocal minority that has the balls to actually say it. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

-One year less in the market and a closing gap of only 2 mil.

-The PS3 will sell well into the next gen just like PS1 & 2.

Get over it.

Around the Network

PS3 probably will beat 360 after one more year and the new slim, but it's really a mute point.

"Like you know"

rudyrsr8 said:
PS3 probably will beat 360 after one more year and the new slim, but it's really a mute point.

yeah after all these years it is a mute point, both consoles have succeed in some way

For me PS3's biggest achievement is not sales but recovering from an incredibly slow (and expensive) start amidst extreme competition which the PS1 and PS2 never really faced.

lol ressurection on the thread... Guess that 2 years changed many opinions

LET'S GO KNICKS

^yep and 2 years from now we'll be saying "it finally pulled it off."

well, 2 years, and it´s still right.