By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

360 America > Wii Worldwide and PS3 Worldwide. Very impressive.

Wonder how long this boost can last.

Around the Network

This could mean a slight long term increase in hardware sales. Whilst the Xbox 360 S hasn't cut the price it does remove most of the reasons why people wouldn't purchase one. It adds WiFi and it takes away the reliability and noise issues which hurt the Xbox 360 somewhat. Functionally its likely to add up to 10% to the long term sales of the console which on its own ought to be enough to make this year the biggest selling year for the Xbox 360 and arrest any year on year losses up to and beyond Christmas without factoring in price cuts or any boost from Kinect if applicable.

Tease.

Gotta hand it to the 360, it took the spot that the beast had sat on for years. Celebrate while it lasts.

Kinect a run away hit? distroyed the Wii?

i would love to say 360 sells won't be this high next wk, but i can't bring myself to do so.

looks like 360 took off it trainning wheels for at lest 1 wk for sure.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

This could mean a slight long term increase in hardware sales. Whilst the Xbox 360 S hasn't cut the price it does remove most of the reasons why people wouldn't purchase one. It adds WiFi and it takes away the reliability and noise issues which hurt the Xbox 360 somewhat. Functionally its likely to add up to 10% to the long term sales of the console which on its own ought to be enough to make this year the biggest selling year for the Xbox 360 and arrest any year on year losses up to and beyond Christmas without factoring in price cuts or any boost from Kinect if applicable.

at this time i can definatly see that happenning.

CGI-Quality said:
oldschoolfool said:
CGI-Quality said:

The 360 is on fire!

WOW!

you act like this is really that shocking. lol

Well, considering the numbers went UP by a significant margin from last week in the US, I'd say it's something to be amazed by. Judging by the thread, the feelings are shared.

You seem upset by the numbers.

Edit: And to take a second look, it seems that the newer, more expensive 360 is the cause. Of course that's surprising just a bit, because the older models all received price cuts, meaning the demand for the newer console is through the roof. Microsoft played their cards right, but many of us didn't expect a boost of this magnitude.

I'm not upset bye the numbers,I expected this so that does'nt make any sense. Anything microsoft comes out with any kind of new model,it sells like hot cakes in the Americas. The 360 is just more popular in the U.S.,plain and simple. So the numbers going up by a significant margin in the U.S.,due to the slim model really is'nt that surprising. The newer 360 is'nt more expesive,it's the same $299 price tag,they just added more bang for the buck. I'd get one myself if my 360 was my main console. Microsoft also marketed the hell out of the new slim model in the U.S. So,the new slim model,combined with microsoft's great marketing in the U.S.,does'nt really make these number's all that jaw dropping surprising to me.

oldschoolfool said:
CGI-Quality said:
oldschoolfool said:
CGI-Quality said:

The 360 is on fire!

WOW!

you act like this is really that shocking. lol

Well, considering the numbers went UP by a significant margin from last week in the US, I'd say it's something to be amazed by. Judging by the thread, the feelings are shared.

You seem upset by the numbers.

Edit: And to take a second look, it seems that the newer, more expensive 360 is the cause. Of course that's surprising just a bit, because the older models all received price cuts, meaning the demand for the newer console is through the roof. Microsoft played their cards right, but many of us didn't expect a boost of this magnitude.

I'm not upset bye the numbers,I expected this so that does'nt make any sense. Anything microsoft comes out with any kind of new model,it sells like hot cakes in the Americas. The 360 is just more popular in the U.S.,plain and simple. So the numbers going up by a significant margin in the U.S.,due to the slim model really is'nt that surprising. The newer 360 is'nt more expesive,it's the same $299 price tag,they just added more bang for the buck. I'd get one myself if my 360 was my main console. Microsoft also marketed the hell out of the new slim model in the U.S. So,the new slim model,combined with microsoft's great marketing in the U.S.,does'nt really make these number's all that jaw dropping surprising to me.

Sorry for all the typos,I was typing from the heart. lol

superb 360 numbers in NA, when it releases in EU it should also be high not as much as NA but will sell well to trade-ins and new purchasers.

i wonder how long it will last.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

GO MICROSOFT!

End of 2010 Predictions

Microsoft-45.4M

Nintendo-75.6M

Sony-40.2M

(Made on 6-10-2010)