oldschoolfool said:
oldschoolfool said:
CGI-Quality said:
oldschoolfool said:
CGI-Quality said:

The 360 is on fire!

WOW!

you act like this is really that shocking. lol

Well, considering the numbers went UP by a significant margin from last week in the US, I'd say it's something to be amazed by. Judging by the thread, the feelings are shared.

You seem upset by the numbers.

Edit: And to take a second look, it seems that the newer, more expensive 360 is the cause. Of course that's surprising just a bit, because the older models all received price cuts, meaning the demand for the newer console is through the roof. Microsoft played their cards right, but many of us didn't expect a boost of this magnitude.

I'm not upset bye the numbers,I expected this so that does'nt make any sense. Anything microsoft comes out with any kind of new model,it sells like hot cakes in the Americas. The 360 is just more popular in the U.S.,plain and simple. So the numbers going up by a significant margin in the U.S.,due to the slim model really is'nt that surprising. The newer 360 is'nt more expesive,it's the same $299 price tag,they just added more bang for the buck. I'd get one myself if my 360 was my main console. Microsoft also marketed the hell out of the new slim model in the U.S. So,the new slim model,combined with microsoft's great marketing in the U.S.,does'nt really make these number's all that jaw dropping surprising to me.

Sorry for all the typos,I was typing from the heart. lol

my post in this thread is a surprise to me. i see you and raise you a this isn't over. for those who counted Kinect out (including my self/shock is the word) never underestimate sells of anything in this indutsry.

that will include Move(which i also disscounted).

i have to say all coments made against Move and Kinect was nothing more then console posturing, and lessons should be learned from this.

predicting the future can't be done, so i hope it ends here, but i know it won't.

Around the Network

Regarding Arc Rise Fantasia numbers, my guess is that this number is simply based on the pre-orders data, and because the release date wasn't updated in the system, it entered as is into the charts.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

x360 is US bigger than wii world wide

I know from a few of my friends who bought the S they did so because they were worried there old 360's were going to brick on them. So they took the money from Gamestop and got the new model. I wonder if what is causing the demand is the wifi, bigger hd, or the apparent RROD fix. What does everyone think?

cmeese47 said:

I know from a few of my friends who bought the S they did so because they were worried there old 360's were going to brick on them. So they took the money from Gamestop and got the new model. I wonder if what is causing the demand is the wifi, bigger hd, or the apparent RROD fix. What does everyone think?

i'll take the last one.

Around the Network
Mythe said:

what's with americans and being slim.....

since they can't be slim they want their consoles to be. lol =p

lol, Nice 9 year old's response. And proves how ignorant you are. :P

Edit: You know now that you mention it his joke did seem a little stale. 8D

squall747 said:
Mythe said:

lol, Nice 9 year old response. And proves how ignorant you are. :P

Wait, that response is 9 years old?  ;)

Or you meant a 9 year old's response?

huaxiong90 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

There are so many good things going on for MS.

• Xbox 360S sells well (some shortages though)
  • Older price reduced Xbox 360 models are selling well (not much longer though)
  • Xbox 360S is not even released in Europe
  • Xbox 360S Arcade for $199 will sell big numbers once it will be released
  • Kinect preorders seem to be very good
  • Halo / Fable / CoD / Gears of War will sell shitloads of software
  • There still are various newly build 1st party studios we haven't seen anything from (Spawnpoint Studios / Firebird Studios / 343 industries)
  • If Windows Mobile 7 becomes a success, the EDD will post some great numbers.

Agreed, but why mention CoD when it's multiplat?

Because CoD will sell millions as well and MS will get a fee for every copy sold. The power of the CoD franchise combined with the other franchises I listed is nothing else but huge.

Check may NPD. RDR did an awesome job on the Xbox 360 with one million copies sold in the first month. MS, just like every other hardware manufacturer, benefit from strong 3rd party sales.

All of the games I listed have a very strong focus on the multiplayer. 6 games out of the current top10 Xbox Live titles will see a sequel this year or early next year (Gears 3). There are 25 million Xbox Live users already. With strong hardware sales, ESPN deal coming and this lineup of games, I can really see the Xbox Live numbers growing. Hulu won't hurt either. Just the fees for Xbox Live are probably about $700,000,000.00 today. I think MS has a shot to make ONE BILLION USD only with Xbox Live fees this gen.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

EncodedNybble said:
    squall747 said:
    Mythe said:

lol, Nice 9 year old response. And proves how ignorant you are. :P

Wait, that response is 9 years old?  ;)

Or you meant a 9 year old's response?

lol, yeah nice 's I had no idea that went there. O_o;

I gotta admit since my 2 hd consoles spoilt, i vowed never to bother again. But these slims are pretty dam sweet.