By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Nintendo Shouldn't Bash 3D Glasses

Killiana1a said:
joeorc said:

Sony's not trying to compete with the 3DS with their 3D

but Nintendo is trying to compete with Sony in the Home theatre market with the 3DS

makes you wonder.

Well, that is quite a logical leap and an astute one. Imagine this:

1. Nintendo 3DS drops in the US during the 2010 holiday season or March 2011 at the latest.

2. Meanwhile, Sony is spending quite a bit of R&D and marketing on their 3D television that require glasses.

3. Consumers buy the Nintendo 3DS in droves, become fascinated with the 3D without glasses, and wonder why Sony is pedaling 3D televisions upwards to $3k

4. The media reports on the Nintendo 3DS ushering in a new, glassless 3D experience.

5. Sony is proverbially screwed.

I see this happening and what this call for collaboration really then is, the worst form of corporate espionage masked under the form of collaboration.

Sony is done.

omg..

Sony is not the only one: the majority of Tv manuf. are all doing 3D TV's

the freakin D@MN 3DS is not built for the Home theatre..there is no way the 3DS is going to have that effect.on the Entire Home Theatre industry because the screen is too d@mn small. which is the same problem for every portable. they are not even in the same target Market.

the simple truth is:

a) the resolution of the Screen in the 3DS is made for portables, not home theatre

b) 3D movies are being made for Home Theatre, yes the 3DS can get portable version's, but the simple truth once again in order to have that 3D theatre experience at home you will still need 3D glasses to experience it.

c) I very much doubt that many if any is going to want to watch the 3DS as their main unit for 3D movies as a replacement for Home theatre.

d) the replacement for a glassless 3D for home theatre is quite a way's off because of several problem's but also, the very fact that its going to be real expensive for screen's 32" and above. any way mean while 3D enable LCD sceen's that use the 3D shutter technology work and they know it will be priced for mass consumer adoption well before any pratical solution of a glassless option that would be anywhere within that price range. Before The Current 3D is well established.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

I remember the days when people said this site was full of Sony fans.. god those days were funny.. :)

anyway OT: I never really heard Nintendo bash the glasses and I would rather do without glasses tbh, but except for the price they are a small annoyance.. the succes of the 3DS will rely on its price and titles announced..

random question: Why do people come in here and say they have always and always will dislike Sony? That's not worthy of a real post now is it? I am not sure if theyre trying to create a flame war or just 1up their post count.. but neither is good..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

joeorc said:
TomasPL said:

lmao, they bashed Nintendo, DS and Wii for the past 4-5 years every time they opened their mouths and not only copied Nintendos ideas and games(like they always did), but now are butthurt that their 3D fad that was made just to sell their own TVs with almost 50 year old tech was slaughtered by Nintendo and Sharp even before Sony released their crappy overpriced TVs that showed not only cheaper TVs(supposedly . besides glasses-free means 150$ less per pair of glasses) but also with better and newer tech.

they know they fucked up pretty bad especially that 3d on ps3 was designed to support mainly Sonys TVs with 50 year old 3D tech and since Sharp will release at the same time glasses-free 3D TV they not only killed sales of their 3D TV making bilion $ losses but spend another few milions to incorporate 3D tech into ps3 and their games to promote their own TVs.

somebody send Sony Ataris CEO phone number - he should definitely know where they stashed all ET cartridges, there will definitely be some place for crapload of sonys 150$ 3d glasses.

like Sony was'nt repeatly bashed in that same Time Frame ?

or is it only Microsoft and Nintendo that get's to be the Martyr:

here is your hammer you can take down Nintendo off the freaking tree now.

GOD..An yet they say the Sony fan's are bad on this site..i do not think that is true at all.

Hmm, what Nintendo ever said about the competition? Even this No more glasses is not directly targeted at Sony... it's targeted at the image of 3D=glasses that everybody had before that. How else would you advertise a first ever glasses free 3D gaming machine without saying it doesn't require glasses?

And don't make us put the quotes from Sony for comparison.

joeorc said:
TomasPL said:

lmao, they bashed Nintendo, DS and Wii for the past 4-5 years every time they opened their mouths and not only copied Nintendos ideas and games(like they always did), but now are butthurt that their 3D fad that was made just to sell their own TVs with almost 50 year old tech was slaughtered by Nintendo and Sharp even before Sony released their crappy overpriced TVs that showed not only cheaper TVs(supposedly . besides glasses-free means 150$ less per pair of glasses) but also with better and newer tech.

they know they fucked up pretty bad especially that 3d on ps3 was designed to support mainly Sonys TVs with 50 year old 3D tech and since Sharp will release at the same time glasses-free 3D TV they not only killed sales of their 3D TV making bilion $ losses but spend another few milions to incorporate 3D tech into ps3 and their games to promote their own TVs.

somebody send Sony Ataris CEO phone number - he should definitely know where they stashed all ET cartridges, there will definitely be some place for crapload of sonys 150$ 3d glasses.

GOD..An yet they say the Sony fan's are bad on this site..i do not think that is true at all.

As long as I live I'll never understand fanboys. Fans I understand, brand loyalty I get but Fanboyism something I just dont get.

Why are you defending Sony? Do they do something to offer such rabid fan loyalty?

Im just saying because I generally dont whore myself out unless I get something in return.

Killiana1a said:
joeorc said:

Sony's not trying to compete with the 3DS with their 3D

but Nintendo is trying to compete with Sony in the Home theatre market with the 3DS

makes you wonder.

Well, that is quite a logical leap and an astute one. Imagine this:

1. Nintendo 3DS drops in the US during the 2010 holiday season or March 2011 at the latest.

2. Meanwhile, Sony is spending quite a bit of R&D and marketing on their 3D television that require glasses.

3. Consumers buy the Nintendo 3DS in droves, become fascinated with the 3D without glasses, and wonder why Sony is pedaling 3D televisions upwards to $3k

4. The media reports on the Nintendo 3DS ushering in a new, glassless 3D experience.

5. Sony is proverbially screwed.

I see this happening and what this call for collaboration really then is, the worst form of corporate espionage masked under the form of collaboration.

Sony is done.

Some posters today are really making my job easy today. No need to post because some ones already said what I want to say any way.

I see the bolded as Sony saying "no mas"

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

Is there any good reason why there isn't glassles t.v.... Just asking. My ignorance is not helping but I would like to know why.... please.

andremop said:
joeorc said:
TomasPL said:

Hmm, what Nintendo ever said about the competition? Even this No more glasses is not directly targeted at Sony... it's targeted at the image of 3D=glasses that everybody had before that. How else would you advertise a first ever glasses free 3D gaming machine?

And don't make us put the quotes from Sony for comparison.

so were in a martyr measuring stick contest...

O'l in that case congrat's Nintendo the most freakin Martyrd Game company.

once again this site dominated full of Sony only fan's?

doubt it!

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

lol at sony.... kevin cof cof...

and plz joeorc dont type anymore your the worst sony fanboy ever... trying to justify what cant be justified...

Martyr? I didn't know Nintendo die for our sins lol

Killiana1a said:

Sony working alongside Nintendo is a loser move. If you have the stronger position, stronger company, then collaboration with your competitors is a loser because they will profit off of your hard work.

Reading between the lines, Sony is in deep trouble if they feel the need to work alongside a company whose systems they thrashed in sales during the PS1 and PS2 era.

We may have no PS4 after all if and IF Sony keeps Kaz Hirai whose ideas for making the PS4 a cutting edge gaming console will push the PS4 to a $699 and $799 respectively, then they will have no one except a bunch of vain "My system costs more than yours" Scott Alexander wannabes purchasing it.

you sir, lose 1 internets..

The plain bullshit that that line holds I will not even discuss, the fact is that they are talking about promoting 3D Technology wich Sony wants to do with all other TV makers to.. I am not sure if your mind is clear or not but I hope you realise what you typed there..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.