By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Nintendo Shouldn't Bash 3D Glasses

SpartenOmega117 said:

Okay guys the main reason people dont like wearing 3d galsses is because it makes you look goofy right? Well we all have to admit playing the wii or any motion device makes you look goofy as well. Im just saying if people are willing to use an imaginary steering wheel then they can wear 3d glasses too without a problem.

If other people are like me, who wear glasses, sticking a second pair of glasses on top is a pain.  They exposre the blur I have with my regular glasses and are annoying.  My glasses not being perfectly clean ruins the 3D effect.  I will NOT see a movie that requires me to wear glasses on top of my glasses.  

And then, if there is extra work and costs to go into it, then it is less of an interest to.  And then factor in that you really don't get full 3D out of it.  You get 3D LIKE effects connected to movies, but not fully the same thing.  Throw in a cost on top, and it is something too early in the game.

One can say that the glasses make you look goofy, but with motion control, the game character maps to what you do in real life, so it is a more natural interface, in theory.

Around the Network

They just don't want their 3d tv that require glasses to be dissed/made to look obsolete (cause they are obsolete).  They want to sell people those tvs first even though 3d tvs that don't require glasses will come out probably within a year.  A lot less people would buy the first 3d tvs that require glasses.  They just want to sell required glasses first then come out with ones that don't require glasses (to try and get people to rebuy another).  I hope no one buys 3d tvs that require glasses.  Glasses suck period - can cause headaches, don't fit right, people with glasses don't want to put another pair of glasses on, etc...  Wait for ones that don't require glasses.

Seriously people...

Bashing 3D glasses is really not cool. It really is kind of whining for no reason.

But I don't think Nintendo is bashing them though. They just promote their own technology.

sethnintendo said:

They just don't want their 3d tv that require glasses to be dissed.  They want to sell people those tvs first even though 3d tvs that don't require glasses will come out probably within a year.  A lot less people would buy the first 3d tvs that require glasses.  They just want to sell required glasses first then come out with ones that don't require glasses (to try and get people to rebuy another).  I hope no one buys 3d tvs that require glasses.  Glasses suck period - can cause headaches, don't fit right, people with glasses don't want to put another pair of glasses on, etc...  Wait for ones that don't require glasses.

don't you think the big electronic companies all know that's not even remotely possible right now without it being insanely expensive!, glassless 3D is so more expensive if you think 3D with glasses is expensive the Glassless option is way more than that!

it's more than 5 year's away in most case and that's being generous

'3D Without Glasses' Tech Improving, But Needs Work.

"I wish I could say I thought glasses-free 3D TVs were around the corner, but based on the demos here they still look to be a long way off. But we will see smaller such displays in products this year; and I'll be curious to know whether this turns out to be a compelling feature."

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2364240,00.asp

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

If thery run those Kevin Buteler ads that criticize the Wiimote and Kinect, as well as those new PSP ads with the kid that say all other handhelds are for children, Sony are the last ones that should be able to be whiny about such things.

Around the Network
Christian973 said:

This article descibes the reason why i dislike Sony. Never will i ever support them.

This. And much more stupid things said by Sony.

I can see Sony's point about the glasses. I usually find them uncomfortable, but they're not bad enough to ruin the experience, especially if I can get them in the right size. My problems with the glasses mostly involve the pinch of the ... I can't think of the name, but the parts that go over your ears.

As for Nintendo and Sony working together, I don't see that happening unless they decide to form an official partnership, hopefully one they find mutually beneficial and both understand completely so that no one backs out again.

it is true, the proper 3d with glasses on a tv set is the only way you can have a theater experiance at home,

its not as if a 3ds users will have all his friends round to watch a movie or so lol.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

so stupid, does sony know nothing?

first as many said don't dish out what you can't recieve

Second what the hell are they supposed to do?  They make something that shows stuff in 3D and its UNIQUE feature is that no glasses are needed.  Are they supposed ot not mention their UNIQUE SELLING POINT in order to not hurt someones feelings?

third: no shit 3DS isn't home entertainment disruption.  You can't get that home theatreness from the 3DS, but irregardless of its market the technology is shown to consumers that glasses aren't needed and with the current economy, the fact that most people recently just upgraded a tv, why in the hell would they go out and buy a 3D glasses tv so early when as said they might not have money to do so, they just spent a lot to upgrade to HDTV and also with 3DS they are under impression that sooner or later glasses won't be needed.

its freckin simple, how don't you guys get it. 

Oh and lastly, looking goofy?  ha like that matters at all. I'm thinking of everyday here where i'm sitting down watching a sitcom, sports or cooking channel who knows.  Or I'm walking around doing stuff, folding clothes, dishes, cooking, just chilling with family/friends.  This can be having TV on as main focus or background half watching for hours every  day.  And now i'm going to be expected to wear glasses INSIDE pretty much at all times?  Now 3D with glasses may be great for a new movie watching with no one talking, playing a game alone or something but for having to wear glasses is the hugest turn off ever.  I just feel like if I came home I would be then in glasses for most the night then.  Or shoudl i just watch tv in 2D?  Then why do i need a 3D tv if i'm not using that feature except for a movie once a month or something?

Ghutto said:
Christian973 said:

This article descibes the reason why i dislike Sony. Never will i ever support them.

This. And much more stupid things said by Sony.

were your post or the post you quoted worthy of an actual post? nah.. so don't make this problem worse then it already is.

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.