By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What's your guys 1st week and lifetime (Japan) predicton for Lost Odyssey?

eugene said:
first week - 200k
life time -800k

Will 360 even sell 800k lifetime in Japan let alone a game.  Not to mention attach rates above 50% is normally nonexistent.  Meaning your telling me 360 will sell aobut 1.6 milion lifetime in Japan.  I mean we all love hope, but this is insanity.

Around the Network

from The source yesterday

Hi , I saw you had some data about the pre-orders by retailers for Wii Fit. I'm interested in those from Lost Odyssey do you know anything about them because I could use them in my thread .

If I extrapolate the data from the retailer, it would seem the game has something like 22,000 preorders, which suggests it is fairly anticipated by the 360 audience in Japan.

[

90k first week.

200k lifetime.

I have high hopes in Lost Odyssey doing extremely well. I believe Japan is hungry for another huge, big budget RPG. Final Fantasy XII came out for them in 2004. If Lost Odyssey becomes a cultural hit, it could definitely move systems beyond what Blue Dragon did.

First week: 140 k.

Lifetime: 400 k.

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

Around the Network
thibje said:
@ Lost Tears of Kain
About Los Odyssey Did you read the review about the game ?
Where they enthusiastic about the game which feeling gave it after reading the review?

No idea, i just got that from a person who buys famitsu in japan. I wish i knew the details of the review

I do know one thing, that they knocked off points because the voice was lip synched to japanese voice

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

100k first week.

300k lifetime.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

first week: 80k
lifetime: 200k

First week - 145k
LTD - 265k

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Lost tears of Kain said:
FinalEvangelion said:
First Week: 75k
Lifetime: 150k

As I said in the other thread, this won't be as big as Blue Dragon. Expect the usual Dragon Quest to Final Fantasy ratio - 4:3. This is more like FF, while BD is more like DQ.

How can you say that......

Famtisu most wanted, BD was NEVER as high as LO is, that and the userbase is alot bigger then when BD was released.

Edit: correction BD eventually hit 2nd for most wanted......guess it did beat LO

However those are still meek sales

150k is .......just eww

Japanese love their chibi characters more than realistic looking characters.  I think LO will be alot more successful on the worldwide market. 

I think it will barely be a million seller world wide.  The major problem in this for the West is that the main character looks like a girl (and that is always a big problem when most people want their characters to look like MC).  For me, this is probably my most wanted game for '08 along with White Knight Chronicles.  If it weren't for this game, I probably wouldn't have a 360.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.