By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What's your guys 1st week and lifetime (Japan) predicton for Lost Odyssey?

This FF type game was done for usa/europe markets.
Even when characters are speaking, mouth animation is good only for english voice, and bad for japanese.
This is disrespect for japanese gamers, that`s why this game sold so poor.

Anyway, i had faith in that game, and now it was last chance to give x360 some life.
Now, in 2008, neither DoA5, neither NG2, neither IU will revive x360.
If Big game of Sakaguchi couldn`t nothing will.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Well the game had a debut smaller than BD, I dont know... it go could past 200.000. Im not sure, hard to tell...

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Poor old Mistwalker.

They took a big risk by signing the MS deal. Sakaguchi and everyone else knew that.

Now though, it looks like they are going to have to face up to the truth.

PSN - hanafuda

hanafuda said:
Poor old Mistwalker.

They took a big risk by signing the MS deal. Sakaguchi and everyone else knew that.

Now though, it looks like they are going to have to face up to the truth.

To be fair ASH for the DS bombed too, so it might not be a MS problem so much as a Sakaguchi problem. I do hope that Lost Odyssey ends up over a million with US/Europe though.

Screw Japan, as long as it does well every where else.

Around the Network

I dont know, compared to peoples predictions it underperformed. But they only shipped 80K units so they were expecting to sell around that many initially (remember the Dec 09 stats are for 3 days of sales only).

Seems like it did fine. I think the 360 owners need to drop the mentallity for Japan that the PS3 owners have for the US. The 'next big game that will finally yadda yadda' mentallity. 360 haters (well , mainly rabid PS3 people) will just jump on this as an opportunity to take a stab at MS. (I guess they have been getting that kind of crap for most of their major releases the whole year).

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Friedtofu for the most part 360 owners down have the same mentality about Japan that PS3 owners have about the US. I can't recall anyone thinking that the 360 would do anything but finish in third place in Japan. I have to eat crow on LO's sales like everyone else, I can't remember my exact prediction but I know it was for around 100 to 120k the first week and 250 to 300k life time. With the way its opened up, I think LO will struggle to hit 125k life time sales.